Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1209 1210 [1211] 1212 1213 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3690310 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Put It Away Edition
« Reply #18150 on: November 20, 2012, 03:02:24 pm »

Are we being DDOS'd (pretty unlikely, we don't really have any enemies), or is toady just (as suggested in that one thread) removing all the acccounts with no posts?
A DDOS is unlikely to cause these kinds of errors, it's more likely to result in 404s than this.
Also, a DDOS would be annoyingly consistent. These 504s are being more periodically massed than anything.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18151 on: November 20, 2012, 03:20:48 pm »

I screwed up a problem on a test today that should have been relatively easy. That test only had three problems because they were all really long, but I might be able to get that test grade dropped if I do better on the final.
Soaplent green is goblins!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18152 on: November 20, 2012, 03:28:51 pm »

I spent all of this afternoon (5-8:30 as of now) trying to get Planetside 2 to work.
My god that launcher is the worst launcher I have ever seen. It either: Crashes when I accept the EULA, or crashes immediately when run as an administrator.
All I want to do is play a silly shooter with teamwork elements.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #18153 on: November 20, 2012, 06:23:50 pm »

Now my mother is telling me that the garage door was open in the morning a few days ago, and that someone must have stolen my bike overnight. And that she thinks they came in the house because she was sure the doors were locked, but they were not when she checked them in the morning. Of course the garage door wouldn't be open if she checked everything. And even if it was, the garage door in the kitchen is among the doors she said she made sure were locked. So the guy must have come in through the kitchen window that is the dogs access to the poop yard and hid in the bathroom when she went out to check on a noise, and then after that must have unlocked the front door, turned around, and gone into the garage and opened the door to steal my bike... While ignoring my 42 inch tv, playstation and of course my mothers piles and piles of worthless crap.

Long story short, my mother is crazy and just forgot to close the garage and is full of shit but I am still out several hundred dollars worth of bicycle.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18154 on: November 21, 2012, 12:06:27 am »

stupid computer forcing me to set the Local Service as admin on the machine so some services can actually run :/

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #18155 on: November 21, 2012, 12:12:09 am »

Turns out the girl who stood me up last friday was out partying with some co-workers. It was during that party that she learned it was my birthday. Nobody present saw it fit to call me.

I vow will have revenge on them all
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18156 on: November 21, 2012, 12:13:52 am »

Turns out the girl who stood me up last friday was out partying with some co-workers. It was during that party that she learned it was my birthday. Nobody present saw it fit to call me.

...by ignoring their birthdays?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #18157 on: November 21, 2012, 12:16:11 am »

...by ignoring their birthdays?
No. Kill them Urist. Kill them all.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #18158 on: November 21, 2012, 12:16:36 am »

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #18159 on: November 21, 2012, 04:47:37 pm »

The day has come.

I have finally entered mortal combat worthy of my nerd rage.

One of my friends said to me;

Katanas - OH YES KATANAS

Are superior to Longswords.

Now well, no matter how much I tried telling him that both were specialized weapons that excel in what they do and suck at what they don't, he insisted (kept repeating Katanas are better over and over again), well, now time for fun.

He sourced this as his proof for Katana's superiority.

Where to start eh? Broadswords? Claymores? Falchion swords? Greatswords? Longswords? Bastard swords?

I'm not letting this go. Needless to say, I shall be delivering my copious amounts of nerdly smack down A.S.A.P.

As for the video, I'm not perturbed.

1. Eeyup.
2. 100% HISTORICALLY ACCURATE YEESSS.
3. Definitely no motives to sensationalize things.
4. Definitely total comprehensive knowledge of the weapons and how they were used. Because Americans.
(Seriously, he said this was a plus because they were unbiased - you're doing it wrong!)
5. Shoddy replica VS Shoddy replica
6. ARGH NOT THE CABBAGES
7. Seriously who gave this guy those swords. Even though they said they had a martial arts "expert" walking on the sidelines. It's brutality seeing him wreck them like that. He doesn't know how to use them! He freaking flinches when he tries to stab the cuirass FFS!
Ok seriously. He was using a gladius as a hacking weapon, and praising it for its ability to penetrate leather. OKAAAAAAY.
EVEN THOUGH THE ROMAN CENTURIONS MOCKED EVERYONE WHO EVER USED GLADII AS SLASHING WEAPONS. THEY TOOK OUT YE ORGANS YOU STUPID TWAT. THE KATANA IS CLEARLY MEANT TO HACK LIMBS OFF, AND YOU ARE JUDGING THE LONGSWORD AGAINST THAT?! IT WILL CLEARLY BE OUTMATCHED! ANYONE WHO KNEW ANYTHING ABOUT SWORDS COULD HAVE TOLD YOU THAT WITHOUT NICKING THE DAMN THING! YOU'RE MAKING THE SWORDS AS BLUNT AS YOUR MIND!
8. This guy said the intestines lay behind the pectoral muscles. Wat.
9. Yes, it is more flexible - that is because you don't want your sword to shatter when it enters and exits through the bone and armour of your opponent. This is why samurai didn't do this - their swords would break if they used it as a stabbing weapon.
*Then he uses it as a stabbing weapon*
Tl;dr, if the longsword was meant to be used as the katana, it would've evolved to look like the bloody katana.
Basically I don't think Ermey has any fucking idea what he's talking about.

Best part? I haven't even started my argument yet. Oh yes, this bait is too juicy to pass. If I were a metaphorical fish, I'd be metaphorically climbing the line and savaging the fisherman to death with naught but my glorious fishy fins and the fishing line held in a noose above his neck.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 04:49:17 pm by Loud Whispers »

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18160 on: November 21, 2012, 04:49:08 pm »

Holy shit what a bunch of assholes :(
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18161 on: November 21, 2012, 05:07:34 pm »

KATANA RAGE!
Have a video supporting you. (the part before the link was mostly sarcastically saying the points you friend made)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18162 on: November 21, 2012, 07:22:23 pm »

I don't know much about swords, even thou I am starting to learn, but even I know that the katana isn't some sort of superweapon.  It excels in some areas, sure, but sucks in others. 

And now for my rage, my parent's OCDness concerning cleaning and the holidays.  Every single year everyone has to come to our house for both Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Every single year I spend the days leading up to Thanksgiving and Christmas doing nothing but cleaning.  Finished picking up the items in the living room?  Now sweep it.  Finished sweeping it? Now mop it.  Finished mopping it? Now get a microfiber rag, some high strength wood cleaner, and spend an hour cleaning the floor.  Finished that?  Now get the vacuum and clean the baseboards.  Finished with that?  Now wipe them down.  Finished with that?  Get a microfiber rag and some bleach and wipe them down again.  Finished with that?  Someone walked through the living room, and there is dirt there now.  So obviously you didn't do enough the first time.  Now clean it again.
They have me doing things purely for the sake of doing things, too.  They told me to vacuum my room, AGAIN, since it was apparently still too dirty.  So I just turned the vacuum on, played Deus Ex a bit, and pushed the vacuum every minute or so.  Then I said I was done, and they said that it looked a lot better then it did before. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #18163 on: November 21, 2012, 08:18:05 pm »

Damn you Elmo man, Damn you to Hell!!!

At what point is it better to assume that any actor who works with kids is a pedophile?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 08:22:24 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18164 on: November 21, 2012, 08:20:34 pm »

Guilty until proven innocent, people!
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 1209 1210 [1211] 1212 1213 ... 3345