Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1208 1209 [1210] 1211 1212 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3689410 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Put It Away Edition
« Reply #18135 on: November 20, 2012, 08:01:26 am »

Well we had some sort maintenance. Are we fully operational again, or still running on the backup tank?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18136 on: November 20, 2012, 08:43:17 am »

Seems to be working for me! :) Finally.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18137 on: November 20, 2012, 09:01:02 am »

Still getting the occasional 504.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18138 on: November 20, 2012, 09:10:45 am »

Yeah, I got one since I posted that. :-[ Still, earlier it was constant.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #18139 on: November 20, 2012, 11:01:43 am »

So the ex Croatian prime minister who robbed the country, sold some of it's biggest companies to other countries is getting ten years of prison. Fun stuff.

Also, another exam tommorrow, this one is of a barely important subject on the economics and organization of production. We have ten questions, three of which will be in the exam. Can't bring myself to read a single one. They are that obtuse, poorly written and simply idiotic that I can't bring myself to finish a single question.

I did not sign up for stupid shit like this god damn it!
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #18140 on: November 20, 2012, 11:05:26 am »

Grahhh... fuck you AC:Brotherhood...

So in preparation for ACIII I decided I would finally get around to playing brotherhood and revelations and damn is brotherhood hitting a lot of my annoyance nerves.

I'm curious what's annoying you. I'm about 70% through the game right now and haven't found much to be cranky about. (I'm also trying to play catch up in the AC series because of AC3.)

It's nothing big, but rather a whole slew of minor annoyances that add up to piss me off. For example they seem to have fallen far too much in love with using the desynch walls in this particular one. Oh you wanted to go back to that area where you saw some shit you could renovate now that you actually have money, not in this memory you don't, railroading hooo!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18141 on: November 20, 2012, 11:07:37 am »

Ah yes, those are incredibly annoying. Even worse is that, when you fail an optional objective, you have to redo the entire mission. No taking shortcuts with the checkpoints allowed.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #18142 on: November 20, 2012, 11:13:45 am »

Ah yes, those are incredibly annoying. Even worse is that, when you fail an optional objective, you have to redo the entire mission. No taking shortcuts with the checkpoints allowed.

Ah yes the 100% synch stuff is one more of my annoyances. Is there any story reason to get 100% synch or is it just for some achievement crap?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18143 on: November 20, 2012, 12:13:03 pm »

I think you can get special skins or something?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18144 on: November 20, 2012, 01:50:30 pm »

HP printers are a blight upon the universe. Actually, the hardware is still pretty nice, it's the software that is so egregiously bad that it should be prosecuted in the Hague and its coders dragged through the streets naked, shot, and gibbeted as a warning to others.

Ditto for whatever untrained, slack-jawed monkeys are maintaining HP's support sites. A search for a simple driver should not yield five different results for the same product, depending on which support site you're looking at. I fucking WORK for HP, and the guy on the other end of the phone found the driver quicker on his iPhone that I could digging through the internal support site. I still can't even find the driver that he found, without going to the mobile version of the external support site for customers.

tl;dr:   FUCK YOU, HP. HURRY UP AND DIE SO SOMEONE ELSE CAN HIRE ME

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18145 on: November 20, 2012, 01:54:00 pm »

Are we being DDOS'd (pretty unlikely, we don't really have any enemies), or is toady just (as suggested in that one thread) removing all the acccounts with no posts?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #18146 on: November 20, 2012, 02:03:47 pm »

So... The family decides to get off their asses and do a little cleaning on the garage, because I told them I cant get my bike out to exercise. So they move crap around, and put my bike in the driveway. And then they go inside and chill for an unknown number of hours on the other side of the house watching tv loudly. And I get a phone call at work telling me that they just noticed that my bike has been stolen.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18147 on: November 20, 2012, 02:06:59 pm »

So... The family decides to get off their asses and do a little cleaning on the garage, because I told them I cant get my bike out to exercise. So they move crap around, and put my bike in the driveway. And then they go inside and chill for an unknown number of hours on the other side of the house watching tv loudly. And I get a phone call at work telling me that they just noticed that my bike has been stolen.
Dude...that's just...if it was only happening in the hypothetical, that would be effing hilarious.
But since it's not hypothetical....yeah, that really really sucks.

Family fail is made of fail.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18148 on: November 20, 2012, 02:15:44 pm »

Are we being DDOS'd (pretty unlikely, we don't really have any enemies), or is toady just (as suggested in that one thread) removing all the acccounts with no posts?
A DDOS is unlikely to cause these kinds of errors, it's more likely to result in 404s than this.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #18149 on: November 20, 2012, 02:17:02 pm »

HP printers are a blight upon the universe. Actually, the hardware is still pretty nice, it's the software that is so egregiously bad that it should be prosecuted in the Hague and its coders dragged through the streets naked, shot, and gibbeted as a warning to others.

Ditto for whatever untrained, slack-jawed monkeys are maintaining HP's support sites. A search for a simple driver should not yield five different results for the same product, depending on which support site you're looking at. I fucking WORK for HP, and the guy on the other end of the phone found the driver quicker on his iPhone that I could digging through the internal support site. I still can't even find the driver that he found, without going to the mobile version of the external support site for customers.

tl;dr:   FUCK YOU, HP. HURRY UP AND DIE SO SOMEONE ELSE CAN HIRE ME

So in other words you want HP to reach 0? Heyoooo.
Pages: 1 ... 1208 1209 [1210] 1211 1212 ... 3345