Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1180 1181 [1182] 1183 1184 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3689438 times)

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Violence Solves All? Edition
« Reply #17715 on: November 08, 2012, 09:09:15 pm »

I reacted by slapping him repeatedly with the heavy leather gloves I wear, and calling him a bastard repeatedly.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Violence Solves All? Edition
« Reply #17716 on: November 08, 2012, 09:11:31 pm »

I would have threatened to call the authorities. Violation of someone's space.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17717 on: November 08, 2012, 09:16:28 pm »

I reacted by slapping him repeatedly with the heavy leather gloves I wear, and calling him a bastard repeatedly.
I'm pretty sure you just challenged him to a duel at dawn.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17718 on: November 08, 2012, 09:19:30 pm »

I thought that required throwing your glove at them?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17719 on: November 08, 2012, 09:22:08 pm »

I thought that required throwing your glove at them?
Nope, slapping is sufficient.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17720 on: November 08, 2012, 09:25:12 pm »

Generally not whilst wearing it, though. :P

...Were you wearing it at the time?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17721 on: November 08, 2012, 09:26:40 pm »

No.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17722 on: November 08, 2012, 09:30:11 pm »

You know, dueling is still legal in several U.S. states.

It just so happens that murder is illegal in all of them.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17723 on: November 08, 2012, 09:31:38 pm »

Is it muder if its dueling though?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #17724 on: November 08, 2012, 09:44:58 pm »

Obviously you must challenge them to a children's card game and then send them to the shadow realm.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17725 on: November 08, 2012, 09:51:24 pm »

Couldn't you count it as self defense, since the other guy is aiming at you with a deadly weapon with intent to use it?
And back in the old days, dueling wasn't nearly as lethal as movies make you think they were.  People would often miss entirely, with neither side getting hit, or would only be wounded. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17726 on: November 08, 2012, 09:59:20 pm »

Couldn't you count it as self defense, since the other guy is aiming at you with a deadly weapon with intent to use it?
And back in the old days, dueling wasn't nearly as lethal as movies make you think they were.  People would often miss entirely, with neither side getting hit, or would only be wounded. 
Politicians dueling usually wasn't lethal. Normal people dueling frequently ended in death or severe injury, since they were actually trying to hit each other. When politicians dueled it was policy for both sides to aim up and away from their opponent, so they would both be fine but looked like they were willing to put their life on the line for their beliefs, but hey, both missed, what can you do?

Then Andrew Jackson, who was both a normal person and a homicidal psychopath who loved two things in this world, his wife and America, became a prominent politician and ended up seeing his wife embroiled in a gigantic and unreasonable scandal. The results were predictable. He at one point killed the US Federalist Party when he shot their leader in a duel. In Jackson's duel with Charles Dickinson he really wanted to kill him, so Jackson waited until Dickinson fired first (hitting him in the pericardium and missing the heart by less than an inch), and then took careful aim and killed him.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 10:31:28 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17727 on: November 08, 2012, 10:30:34 pm »

Andrew Jackson: Will let you shoot him in his heart so he can take his time aiming.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #17728 on: November 08, 2012, 10:37:38 pm »

Andrew Jackson: Will let you shoot him in his heart so he can take his time aiming.

The Determinator Incarnate.  :o

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17729 on: November 08, 2012, 10:39:22 pm »

Andrew Jackson is proof that you can be evil, despicable, and just plain ol' bad, and still be badass and awesome.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 1180 1181 [1182] 1183 1184 ... 3345