Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1138 1139 [1140] 1141 1142 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3702475 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Scumbag Steve Edition
« Reply #17085 on: October 23, 2012, 09:45:59 pm »

...She might not've got it?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17086 on: October 23, 2012, 11:53:22 pm »

I jump to conclusions like that too :P Remember that apologetic PM I sent you?

I don't really have any good advice since I haven't really overcome second guessing myself either. :(
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17087 on: October 24, 2012, 02:40:29 am »

I'm getting a first-hand experience of EA's legendarily bad customer service >:/
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17088 on: October 24, 2012, 02:57:13 am »

I was woken up from a dream about Dungeons and Dragons by some buffoon who said very loudly in the hallway outside my room that he was going to fart in a jar. Half-asleep, I told him I was going to eat his face and then hopped in the shower, where I realized I had a very bad headache that lasted about two hours. This all started just a little before 10:00 PM PST yesterday. It's almost 1:00 AM now and that idiot is watching Beverly Hills Ninja very loudly and laughing loud enough to wake the dead.

I'm going to try to sleep, but I just know this moron is going to wake me up again and again with the slamming of doors and Justin Bieber being blared and throwing stuff for the dog down the fucking hallway that is outside of my room. He may claim to be a Christian but by all means he is not considerate, kind or compassionate. He's got his brain in his dick and his heart in his sphincter.

...However I just know that I'm going to be the bigger man and apologize to that hideous manchild in the morning, because unlike most of the people in this damn complex my mother raised me right. Hell, I'm the only person in the entire apartment complex that even washes their hands after they use the bathroom. Either way I shouldn't be up any longer ranting about this.

Good night. I hope I can get back into that dream, or at least dream about one of my characters and me having adventures. I may have meant something by that.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17089 on: October 24, 2012, 07:07:01 am »

I reccently got back into X terran conflict.
I was doing a pacifist, sucidial squid start, iron man run.
Now if you haven't played XTC it's a fairly long term game but despite numerous minor avoidable setbacks I was most of the way through gathering stuff for the xenon hub mission and making progress through the terran and goner plots.
I had even managed to get the paranid to like me (the paranid and split start out fully hostile in the sucidial squid start.
Damn thing crashed to desktop and since it deletes your save when you load it and only saves when you exit I lost everything I'd done.

He may claim to be a Christian but by all means he is not considerate, kind or compassionate. He's got his brain in his dick and his heart in his sphincter.
hrrrm and now all I can think of is:
Quote from: Gandhi
I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #17090 on: October 24, 2012, 07:34:19 am »

Ugh. An evening shift shortly followed by a morning shift is a terrible thing. There should be a law that you can't work until twelve hours after your last shift - It's impossible to get home, get relaxed enough to sleep well, and wake up well rested enough to go about your day with any degree of enthusiasm with only ten hours to do it.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17091 on: October 24, 2012, 08:13:50 am »

The best part of table tennis is playing it in close quarters with a group of people who are willing to count the walls and ceiling as valid surfaces to play from.
No, the best kind of table tennis is table tennis with a iron "net" and with people that are willing to count the floor and the iron net (works only with an iron net, obviously) as valid surfaces to play from.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17092 on: October 24, 2012, 08:23:23 am »

Ugh. An evening shift shortly followed by a morning shift is a terrible thing. There should be a law that you can't work until twelve hours after your last shift - It's impossible to get home, get relaxed enough to sleep well, and wake up well rested enough to go about your day with any degree of enthusiasm with only ten hours to do it.
There is one in Canada.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17093 on: October 24, 2012, 09:15:30 am »

Why is it the coolest countries have to literally be the coolest countries? Isn't there a nice country to live in that isn't buried in snow and taiga six months out of the year?

Well, other than Australia. Which is just buried in red sand and lethal wildlife.  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #17094 on: October 24, 2012, 09:19:59 am »

Pfft. Try working a double (afternoon + night shift) getting off for 8 hours where you have to attend university, pulling another double (afternoon + night shift), and then getting fired in the morning for doing exactly what your boss asked you to do, by your boss. I went to his boss and he wasn't working there the next week, but I was.

That was back when I was working at convenience stores.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17095 on: October 24, 2012, 09:22:01 am »

Well, other than Australia. Which is just buried in red sand and lethal wildlife.  :P
Most of the urban areas aren't buried under red sand or lethal wildlife.. we even had a penguin get lost in Port Philip Bay some years back :D
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17096 on: October 24, 2012, 09:29:07 am »

Most of the urban areas aren't buried under red sand or lethal wildlife.. we even had a penguin get lost in Port Philip Bay some years back :D
"And here we see the penguin, the Australian's only natural predator..."

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17097 on: October 24, 2012, 09:53:42 am »

Dunno, man....some of those parakeets looked pretty tough.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #17098 on: October 24, 2012, 10:21:52 am »

I recommend dry-cleaning.

... unless that isn't an option. But dry-cleaning is best on thick coats, where it's harder to wash them properly. And padding often clumps if you use water, though trenchcoats probablydob't have down in them.
Also, that nice oil-clean smell.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17099 on: October 24, 2012, 11:05:02 am »

It is machine washable, actually- it's not even leather, but I still hate that it happened. Alas.

Also, the stigma behind trenchcoats bugs me. They're frigging nice coats! They're big and warm and go fwoosh when they're unzipped, and they have really deep pockets. It just sucks that everyone assumes you're a creep for wearing one.
I've worn them for years. The problem isn't so much that they think you're a creep/flasher as much as they think "Oh god, does he have a small arsenal under there??". Thanks, Columbine.

Pages: 1 ... 1138 1139 [1140] 1141 1142 ... 3345