Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1137 1138 [1139] 1140 1141 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3701254 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Scumbag Steve Edition
« Reply #17070 on: October 23, 2012, 12:06:02 am »

They are the spawn of herp?

Is it bad that I read that as 'spawn of herpes'?

...Is it worse that I then decided that would be an awesome band name? :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #17071 on: October 23, 2012, 01:04:50 am »

I spent... probably 3 hours on my human 3D model today.  Got home, planned to finally finish it off... and apparently it didn't save, and it's back to an old crappy save.  I only planned an hour to work on it tonight ._.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17072 on: October 23, 2012, 01:05:51 am »

D:

Autosave! Find it, turn it on, and love it.

I save every 5 minutes.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17073 on: October 23, 2012, 01:10:42 am »

So, I'm really getting tired of not having a damn dryer.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17074 on: October 23, 2012, 01:12:51 am »

Autosaving is less important than having backups and multiples. If you can get into the habit of saving one copy on the internal hard drive, one on the external hard drive, one on the flash drive, and one in the cloud then you'll almost never lose anything. Indeed, losing anything then would require some rather extreme failure.

They see me savin', they hatin', patrolin', trying to catch me paranoidn', trying to catch me paranoidn', trying to catch me paranoidn'...
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17075 on: October 23, 2012, 01:15:10 am »

Ah yes, backups. I make a backup of my big projects every month or so, and have an ever increasing number of copies in case I need to revert to a version from say, 5 days ago.

They say that data you don't have in at least 2 spots (and different physical locations) is data you don't care about losing. My Big Important Stuff is shared among my PC, an external hard drive, and my laptop.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #17076 on: October 23, 2012, 03:06:53 am »

Sadly, a backup wouldn't have saved me in this case :X  I always try to make sure I save all my school work on my flash drive, but I guess I screwed it up this time.  I managed to get back to where I was after two hours, but those two hours could have been spent more productively if I had my original file :/

Dear universe: stop screwing me over, over and over again :/

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17077 on: October 23, 2012, 07:32:56 am »

I think my Armorgames account is having a mid-life crisis.
I can't play my Last Stand: Dead Zone...
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17078 on: October 23, 2012, 08:52:28 am »

So, the bay 12 forums have no formatting for me... Other websites load fine.

A restart fixed it.  Nothing to see here.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 09:08:12 am by bluejello »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17079 on: October 23, 2012, 01:12:48 pm »

miauw, you're PE class sounds like it sucked.

I like most of mine, personally. Dodgeball is literally the best thing. I could have played dodgeball every day. Football (american) was fun. Soccer has to be the most boring thing imaginably, and I never figured out how to play basketball in a school setting, where apparently doing anything at all is considered a foul.

Weightlifting was enjoyable, though, and tennis/volleyball were both great fun. Badminton not so much, since that is basically just Tennis for people who suck at life.

I wish we'd done table tennis, though. Best sport.
Heh, it's mostly because of the fact that boys and girls get split in seperate groups for PE, you always have it togheter with the boys or girls of another class. And, sadly for me, the boys of the other class are absolute dicks. And i'm bad at sport in general. Tough most group sports with the exception of soccer when done in a PE context are pretty fun, because i can just be the guy that's not doing too much but is helping the team in a certain way anyway. I feel comfortable in that position.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17080 on: October 23, 2012, 02:12:08 pm »

miauw, you're PE class sounds like it sucked.

I like most of mine, personally. Dodgeball is literally the best thing. I could have played dodgeball every day. Football (american) was fun. Soccer has to be the most boring thing imaginably, and I never figured out how to play basketball in a school setting, where apparently doing anything at all is considered a foul.

Weightlifting was enjoyable, though, and tennis/volleyball were both great fun. Badminton not so much, since that is basically just Tennis for people who suck at life.

I wish we'd done table tennis, though. Best sport.
Heh, it's mostly because of the fact that boys and girls get split in seperate groups for PE, you always have it togheter with the boys or girls of another class. And, sadly for me, the boys of the other class are absolute dicks. And i'm bad at sport in general. Tough most group sports with the exception of soccer when done in a PE context are pretty fun, because i can just be the guy that's not doing too much but is helping the team in a certain way anyway. I feel comfortable in that position.
I remember those days, absolutely loved soccer.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17081 on: October 23, 2012, 04:08:50 pm »

The best part of table tennis is playing it in close quarters with a group of people who are willing to count the walls and ceiling as valid surfaces to play from.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17082 on: October 23, 2012, 07:58:55 pm »

The best part of table tennis is playing it in close quarters with a group of people who are willing to count the walls and ceiling as valid surfaces to play from.
Table squash?
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17083 on: October 23, 2012, 09:12:41 pm »

*slap on new fan for new laptop* -_-
*turns on laptop* -_-
"OH YEA IM FRICKING AWESOME" :O
*restarts laptop* : )
*fuzzy white/blue screen* -_-
"AGGGGGGH!"  D:<
*waits for lcd panel to come in* T_T

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17084 on: October 23, 2012, 09:20:40 pm »

So, it's not entirely a rage. It's frustrating, but I'm not mad AT the person, so much as their response.

Today, I got to hang out with my LF. We went and played putt-putt and ate at McDonalds and stuff. She quoted to me a specific amount of time as being the last time she was sexually active. Then, later, we picked up her Ex-GF and she told her specific amount of time x3.
Later, I asked her about this seeming discrepency via text message. I merely asked, I didn't accuse. I just asked if she had a secret or if I'd misunderstood. No response, rest of the day. 
Sigh.
I would have been fine with literally any other response but no response. "I'm banging like, all the peoples." Would have been fine. "No, you're dumb, lol." Would have been fine. Anything else. She's my friend, I'm very supportive of whatever my friends are doing. But no response is the worst, because then my overactive, evil imagination gets to work, making me think she's mad at me, or something ridiculous.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 1137 1138 [1139] 1140 1141 ... 3345