Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1130 1131 [1132] 1133 1134 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3699871 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Scumbag Steve Edition
« Reply #16965 on: October 20, 2012, 03:18:44 pm »

Engine grease, why you no wash off!?

It's like there was an ink monster orgy all over my hands and lower body and not only did no one think to invite me, someone forgot to bring a g'damn tarp. Now I've got clothes that need washing and my hands are wrinkly and somewhat burnt and there's still parts of them that are stained black.

I don't like that stuff. I don't like it at all.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #16966 on: October 20, 2012, 03:34:43 pm »

Tried lava soap? That shit will take anything off, up to and include your skin.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #16967 on: October 20, 2012, 03:39:25 pm »

I don't know what that is, but it sounds vaguely terrifying. Lemme' go check.

Ah, that's not that bad. Don't have any, but I might keep an eye out. Pumice isn't too bad, honestly.
Ask not!
Ask!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16968 on: October 20, 2012, 03:44:13 pm »

Regular ol' soap won't work that well on it. They've got some gritty stuff at the auto repair shop I work at, and it takes it off nicely.

Shouldn't be anything to worry about. I'll come out in a day or two.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #16969 on: October 20, 2012, 03:49:07 pm »

Yea. the only thing that works on grease like that is lava soap or dawn dish soap. and dawn isn't quite as effective because it doesn't take the skin off.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #16970 on: October 20, 2012, 03:50:00 pm »

Yeah, I know it's not that big of deal, all told. Have dealt with the stuff plenty. I just really don't like having my hands that... overtly dirty? I guess. It irks me. So despite the amount of times it's happened, it's a continuing annoyance. Don't mind getting dirty, just hate staying that way longer than necessary. Somethingsomething internalized manners something?
Ask not!
Ask!

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #16971 on: October 20, 2012, 07:10:45 pm »

Yea. the only thing that works on grease like that is lava soap or dawn dish soap. and dawn isn't quite as effective because it doesn't take the skin off.

Detergent and Heat
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #16972 on: October 20, 2012, 07:14:02 pm »

Don't overscrub. I've had friends who've scrubbed bits of their face off from hilariously forced attempts of hygiene.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16973 on: October 20, 2012, 10:43:58 pm »

Don't overscrub. I've had friends who've scrubbed bits of their face off from hilariously forced attempts of hygiene.

o.O

This is why I only take, at maximum, one shower a day, and occasionally skip a day. I also only clean my hair and don't use soap on my body. Also leaves a gentle human scent, that is too faint to be classified as B.O.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16974 on: October 20, 2012, 10:46:46 pm »

I have some (minor) BO issues which means I shower 1-2 times a day. Usually one, a second if I have to go out in the evening.

I'm not a rank pile of noxious fumes, but you know... noticeable.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #16975 on: October 20, 2012, 10:47:50 pm »

I have issues with my hands being clean that result in me using lots and lots of soap.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16976 on: October 20, 2012, 10:49:58 pm »

I have some (minor) BO issues which means I shower 1-2 times a day. Usually one, a second if I have to go out in the evening.

I'm not a rank pile of noxious fumes, but you know... noticeable.

Yeah, my B.O. isn't generally noticeable unless I've been heavily exerting myself in the heat, and then I don't think I've got incredibly offensive odor, because I bathe regularly.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16977 on: October 20, 2012, 10:51:34 pm »

Personally, I like that feeling where you've cleaned so well you've obliterated that top, dead layer of skin. Really increases the tactile sense.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16978 on: October 20, 2012, 10:55:07 pm »

Personally, I like that feeling where you've cleaned so well you've obliterated that top, dead layer of skin. Really increases the tactile sense.

... I prefer my flesh as undamaged as possible, and abrading the horny top layer of skin creates avenues for disease and various unpleasantries. But that's just me.
He's fucking with us.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #16979 on: October 20, 2012, 10:55:23 pm »

Yes it is a fact that too much showering, or over harsh cleaning, wears away a lining of your skin.

Because you like disease? Sexy disease.

As for B.O. and sweat, I am a nightmare. I sweat through deoderant, after showing, in shoe- shoes I gotta tell ya, There worse, I wear shoes for more then 15 minutes, they are massive stink piles, REGARDLESS of Foot spray, powder, or anything.

It also does not help that I hate showering. Ehh. Its one of the reasons I prefer colder weather.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 1130 1131 [1132] 1133 1134 ... 3345