Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1030 1031 [1032] 1033 1034 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3702227 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Porkalypse Edition
« Reply #15465 on: September 26, 2012, 09:34:57 pm »

You think this is funny? I have to come back here every god damn night and listen to this fucker's bigoted tirades and anti-intellectual bullshit. I live with someone who I hate in every way. I am so fucking done with this. I fucking hate this goddamn college. I fucking hate that I couldn't get into a non-party school. I fucking hate these stupid goddamn druggie moron bastards who I have to deal with every god damn day of my life. I thought, I actually believed, that this fucking shit might end when I got out of high school, but nope! JUST MORE FUCKING BULLSHIT!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #15466 on: September 26, 2012, 09:38:52 pm »

Oh yeah, I forgot that your experiences with this guy are probably way more common than just the ones that you post here.

So... how easy is it to switch roommates where you're at?

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15467 on: September 26, 2012, 09:39:14 pm »

No apartment places nearby?  No emergency roommate requests anywhere in your area?  Those do pop up every now and then.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15468 on: September 26, 2012, 09:41:12 pm »

So... how easy is it to switch roommates where you're at?
It isn't going to happen. If you don't have someone lined up to switch already you can't do it. Someone would actually have to agree to move into this tiny, filthy prison cell I now call home and share it with my roommate.

I don't even know what I'm doing here. This is a waste of time. I'm starting to think I should have just entered the workforce.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15469 on: September 26, 2012, 09:41:31 pm »

No apartment places nearby?  No emergency roommate requests anywhere in your area?  Those do pop up every now and then.

This, and most residence halls have procedures for dealing with rooming situations that are bad like yours.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #15470 on: September 26, 2012, 09:43:54 pm »

The only way I've resolved bad rooming situations so far is through a ton of passive aggression. I think that's the norm.

Also none of those ever actually get solved. It turns out that people are pretty much 100% unchanging in how they live with people.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15471 on: September 26, 2012, 09:47:59 pm »

I'm getting to that point where I'm so angry I feel nauseous.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15472 on: September 26, 2012, 09:51:59 pm »

I'm getting to that point where I'm so angry I feel nauseous.
You should probably try to calm down then if you can, throwing up when you aren't sick sucks. Although it'll probably be quite a lot of anger to actually do so, the worst I've had is a notable headache.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15473 on: September 26, 2012, 09:54:39 pm »

Don't tell me to calm down. I can't calm down. I passed the point where one can willingly calm down hours ago, curtsey of the Worst Person On Earth. My emotion switch is on anger and the lever is broken off.

If he brings a girl back here I'm sabotaging his efforts to get laid. I want petty revenge.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #15474 on: September 26, 2012, 09:56:10 pm »

Don't tell me to calm down. I can't calm down. I passed the point where one can willingly calm down hours ago, curtsey of the Worst Person On Earth. My emotion switch is on anger and the lever is broken off.

If he brings a girl back here I'm sabotaging his efforts to get laid. I want petty revenge.
Dude just tell him you'll lock the fucking door if he comes in late, most dorms are suppose to have curfews anyway.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15475 on: September 26, 2012, 09:58:11 pm »

Be sure to remain polite while doing so. Nothing inspires fear better than somebody who's affable and cruel.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15476 on: September 26, 2012, 09:59:41 pm »

Dude just tell him you'll lock the fucking door if he comes in late, most dorms are suppose to have curfews anyway.
He has a key, this dorm has no curfew. No dorms here do.

I'm starting to realize how much more angry of a person I have become since moving to this godforsaken hellhole. I don't think I've ever had this kind of pent up hate before. It grows and grows as every day passes and Worst Person In The World finds new ways to piss me off. It only goes up. Sometimes I don't feel it, but its there, in the back of my mind. I'm not just more angry. My base anger is heightened.

Before these past few months I've never had anger sufficient to make me nauseous or mess with my vision, but now it's happened more than once.
No Gods, No Masters.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #15477 on: September 26, 2012, 11:10:51 pm »

Ah, college. Brings back such fond---*starts strangling self*

I couldn't take it, personally. Other people's bullshit. Having to put up with people I'd rather stab than talk to, because randomness happened to make us roomies. I too had roommates I hated. I never got to the point where we were openly talking shit to each other. But I roomed with two guys who were friends with each other before college, who were like 5 years younger than me, and then eventually started subjecting me to enough BS that I started calling them on it. Having sex in the room while I was trying to sleep, letting skeezy people hang out in the room, staying up late, coming in drunk as shit at 1am and wanting to play on the Xbox....I think they had one of their douche friends start prank calling me just to get under my skin once things really started falling apart.

I eventually requested room-reassignment before the semester was even out. Before I ended up in a fight with one, both or more than both of these guys.

So yeah. Screw roommates. But don't bust a testicle over it. It's not going to help. Just get out as fast as you can, and pray to the RNG gods that your next room mate isn't a scumbag.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 11:12:25 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15478 on: September 26, 2012, 11:12:19 pm »

Force a bunch of pennies in between the door and the frame. Only do that if your window is close to the ground or you don't have anywhere to go tomorrow, though.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #15479 on: September 26, 2012, 11:21:45 pm »

Damn, MSH. Don't go berserk on the dude, but...something. If nothing else works, try to console yourself with how miserable he'll be later in life.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 1030 1031 [1032] 1033 1034 ... 3345