Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1032 1033 [1034] 1035 1036 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3702200 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Porkalypse Edition
« Reply #15495 on: September 27, 2012, 08:01:41 am »

Wow, MSH. That's just... wow. Much luck to you, and none to your roommate. May he find a nest of angry badgers.

In other rage, I really, really hate Word's .docx format, mostly because it doesn't read in any free editors that I know of. Even goddamn Google didn't read it well enough to be usable.
.docx (and all of the new office .dotx extenions) are more of a 'lol up yours, deal with it and get an expensive more recent office version' than anything more useful. Always resave them as .doc files asap whenever possible.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #15496 on: September 27, 2012, 10:41:04 am »

@MetalSlimeHunt

You are not getting a real university experience unless you have at least one crazy room mate. The good news is that you can choose to not have him as a room mate next semester even if you can't get rid of him this semester.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15497 on: September 27, 2012, 10:43:05 am »

I think theres a reasonable line between crazy and 'punch him through the wall' though, nadaka. That guy might be a bit too close to the latter for MSH.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15498 on: September 27, 2012, 10:45:26 am »

@MetalSlimeHunt
You are not getting a real university experience unless you have at least one crazy room mate.
Screw you. This isn't trivial, nor is it necessary. I have nowhere to unwind in peace, not for long. The only extended peace I get is sleep, and even that doesn't last for long between nightmares and my fucking real nightmare coming back in the middle of the night, flipping on the blinding fluorescent light, and yelling about niggers while he plays COD at 4:00 AM. I think I might be losing it.
The good news is that you can choose to not have him as a room mate next semester even if you can't get rid of him this semester.
I certainly hope so.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #15499 on: September 27, 2012, 10:47:28 am »

@MetalSlimeHunt
You are not getting a real university experience unless you have at least one crazy room mate.
Screw you. This isn't trivial, nor is it necessary. I have nowhere to unwind in peace, not for long. The only extended peace I get is sleep, and even that doesn't last for long between nightmares and my fucking real nightmare coming back in the middle of the night, flipping on the blinding fluorescent light, and yelling about niggers while he plays COD at 4:00 AM. I think I might be losing it.
The good news is that you can choose to not have him as a room mate next semester even if you can't get rid of him this semester.
I certainly hope so.
MSH you should find a place during the day to unwind instead of relying on your dorm with jackass next to you. Plus Nadaka is right this is just a step in college life.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15500 on: September 27, 2012, 10:49:09 am »

Crazy is when the guy is constantly spouting conspiracy theories. Raeg-inducing is what MSH has.

Just make it through the semester and request a room change, if you aren't able to swing one mid-semester. If you've gone to your RA and they haven't done anything to help, go to the president of the dorm. Keep going higher and bothering people until they do something. That, and invest in a pair of good earmuffs and a sleep mask. Spend as much time as you can out of the room. And frankly, dealing with shitty room mates is a normal part of university life, sadly enough.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15501 on: September 27, 2012, 10:50:37 am »

MSH you should find a place during the day to unwind instead of relying on your dorm with jackass next to you.
There isn't a place. This is a party college. Everywhere is either noisy, stressfuly quiet (like in class or a study environment), or full of my roommate's presence.
Plus Nadaka is right this is just a step in college life.
If this is normal college life then I wish I had never came to college.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #15502 on: September 27, 2012, 10:59:24 am »

Privacy comes at a premium in college. If you really can't do without it, maybe it's time to investigate a dive that you can get on the cheap. Being in a "party college", there should be oodles and oodles of low income housing for students available off-campus. To me, even a really shitty apartment is better than the dorms.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15503 on: September 27, 2012, 11:01:15 am »

I'm not allowed to live off campus as a freshmen, and there is no way my family will allocate my college fund towards an apartment or anything like that. I have to live with this.

It is quite a fucking bit more than a lack of privacy! I expected less privacy! What I didn't expect is to have to live with someone who would be a better fit for the KKK than a college dorm. I have met literally no one at this place whom I would want to room with less than this guy.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 11:03:54 am by MetalSlimeHunt »
No Gods, No Masters.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15504 on: September 27, 2012, 11:01:58 am »

At least your room mate doesn't walk around in the middle of the night holding a knife to his wrist.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #15505 on: September 27, 2012, 11:05:33 am »

At least your room mate doesn't walk around in the middle of the night holding a knife to his wrist.
If he did, I think MSH would be telling him to use more pressure.

I'm feeling it for ya, bro. I was lucky to spend all four years rooming with my best friend from high school, so I never had to deal with the roommate-from-hell crap.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15506 on: September 27, 2012, 11:07:48 am »

key into door, lock, leave key partially turned in the door, no access!
What kind of lock are you thinking of here? If I did that the key would be on the outside of the door and thus turnable by someone on either side of the door. The interior side has a turning lever for the lock that can move a key in the outside part.
If he did, I think MSH would be telling him to use more pressure.
You may think my complaints are trivial, but even what I post here has no way of conveying the reality of the situation.

EDIT: Wait, no, anger misunderstanding.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 11:09:56 am by MetalSlimeHunt »
No Gods, No Masters.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #15507 on: September 27, 2012, 11:08:44 am »

Wow, MSH. That's just... wow. Much luck to you, and none to your roommate. May he find a nest of angry badgers.

In other rage, I really, really hate Word's .docx format, mostly because it doesn't read in any free editors that I know of. Even goddamn Google didn't read it well enough to be usable.
.docx (and all of the new office .dotx extenions) are more of a 'lol up yours, deal with it and get an expensive more recent office version' than anything more useful. Always resave them as .doc files asap whenever possible.
That may cause some other problems tough. (just realized that this is a dutch page. Either way, it says that google apps no longer supports the filetype specified in the article. Only the newer versions)
(i just randomly found this by clicking on the google birthday banner and seeing it as one of the search results for google)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 11:14:51 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15508 on: September 27, 2012, 11:10:05 am »

MSH, have you gone and talked to your RA yet? Give that a shot.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15509 on: September 27, 2012, 11:17:11 am »

MSH, have you gone and talked to your RA yet? Give that a shot.
It won't make a difference. My RA likes me but is ultimately apathetic more than anything else. My roommate's actions make him an utterly noxious human being but that isn't grounds for...anything, really. The only thing my RA could do is bitch at him, and that would just increase the amount of hate between my roommate and I. Except that isn't possible, I don't think I can hate any one person more than I do my roommate.

My RA already knows we don't get along. He's the one who advised me that switching roommates is practically impossible without an agreement already lined up when you apply.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 1032 1033 [1034] 1035 1036 ... 3345