Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1027 1028 [1029] 1030 1031 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3701828 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Porkalypse Edition
« Reply #15420 on: September 25, 2012, 10:50:26 pm »

But they're CUTE! *stamps foot and pouts*
Cute and delicious. That's better than just cute! Which would make them somewhat better than cats, really. Cats are merely cute and edible.

Anyway, the answer is to have a pet breeding pair of pigs and eat their children. It's the humane course.

Also, wild pig tends more toward the vaguely monstrous than cute. You could eat just those ones!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15421 on: September 25, 2012, 10:52:11 pm »

What, the ones with the bristly fur and those sweet little fucking huge tusks? ???
They're... They're cute too, damnit!

I never worried about eating pigs until I actually met some.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #15422 on: September 25, 2012, 10:53:18 pm »

Pigs: the best animal in every way.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15423 on: September 26, 2012, 01:22:28 am »

I was playing Catherine with a friend earlier. Through the power of teamwork, we made it to the last level of the game.

Fucking blocks, how do they work? I have never nerd raged quite so much at a game other than IWBTG before.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15424 on: September 26, 2012, 01:25:05 am »

Am I the only one who found IWTBTG incredibly relaxing? Repetitive memorization that is at the same time not tedious is quite soothing to me.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #15425 on: September 26, 2012, 01:32:34 am »

Am I the only one who found IWTBTG incredibly relaxing? Repetitive memorization that is at the same time not tedious is quite soothing to me.

I beat it. The key is to not try to win. Very zen, now that I think about it.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #15426 on: September 26, 2012, 01:39:22 am »

Yeah, there's a certain amount of fun to be had in knowing that you will die a lot, there is nothing you can do about this, and only by dying can you gain the knowledge required to continue.

But seriously, fuck those spinning bastards.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15427 on: September 26, 2012, 09:20:46 am »

apparently ran into a game killing bug in my first good run of hyrule total war, i win or lose the siege, either way it crashes when moving back to my turn -.-
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15428 on: September 26, 2012, 10:56:33 am »

The guy who was supposed to fix the washer came by, said "I see this a lot, it's the pump", then leaves. Presumably won't be back until Friday. And there's a chance that it wasn't working simply because the water wasn't on properly.

Decided to go back an old save for Final Fantasy XII. Thought I had a save from much further ahead than the one I was playing. After wasting an hour, I found that save on a different memory card. Went from stomping Urutan-Yensa's in the Sandsea to getting my ass kicked by the Mandragoras in Sochen(won, but I managed to waste my only Megalixer in the meantime).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #15429 on: September 26, 2012, 11:00:15 am »

The guy who was supposed to fix the washer came by, said "I see this a lot, it's the pump", then leaves. Presumably won't be back until Friday. And there's a chance that it wasn't working simply because the water wasn't on properly.

Decided to go back an old save for Final Fantasy XII. Thought I had a save from much further ahead than the one I was playing. After wasting an hour, I found that save on a different memory card. Went from stomping Urutan-Yensa's in the Sandsea to getting my ass kicked by the Mandragoras in Sochen(won, but I managed to waste my only Megalixer in the meantime).

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TooAwesomeToUse

Oh, I'm sorry, did you have stuff you needed to get done?
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15430 on: September 26, 2012, 11:05:33 am »

Heh, yeah. Can you think of a better situation to use a megalixer in? Hardly a waste, unless "rotting in your bags" is its proper use :)
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15431 on: September 26, 2012, 11:09:58 am »

I was on the bus and it was raining (this is England, that's pretty normal). It's a couple of stops off from mine and then there's a sudden hissing sound that persisted. I wondered what it was for half a second, before I realised that the rain had started coming down a whole lot harder, to the point where there were streams of water running down the windows. The rain was making fist-sized splashes on the pavement, it was so heavy.
I got off the bus and all of my clothes were wet within twenty seconds.

And then I got inside, closed the door behind me, and it stopped.

I blame somebody.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15432 on: September 26, 2012, 11:22:58 am »

Heh, yeah. Can you think of a better situation to use a megalixer in? Hardly a waste, unless "rotting in your bags" is its proper use :)
Normally, I'd save one for The Undying, but it was 30 minutes since the last save point. What irritates me was that Vaan was seperated from the other two when I used it, and it only affected him.

After the Mandragoras, there was Ahriman. Barely won that one(and really could have used a Megalixer there too). Beat him by launching a Quickening wave at all of his divisions, leaving him one attack away from defeat. He confused Blathier, who promptly shot himself in the face.

And then got my ass kicked all through Draklor, only to completely cheese Dr. Cid with two Quickenings. I'm not sure if I'm doing it right or wrong, and it's slightly irritating.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15433 on: September 26, 2012, 11:28:55 am »

Evangelists are swarming over campus again.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15434 on: September 26, 2012, 11:30:02 am »

Evangelists are swarming over campus again.
Yeah, they'll do that. Are they just handing out pocket bibles, or do they have an agenda of some sort?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 1027 1028 [1029] 1030 1031 ... 3345