Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1022 1023 [1024] 1025 1026 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3701490 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Tech Support RRAAEEGG Edition
« Reply #15345 on: September 25, 2012, 11:27:15 am »

In French it's "*word that has no meaning outside this context* of the ground" and in German it's "earth projectile".
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 11:29:46 am by Darvi »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Tech Support RRAAEEGG Edition
« Reply #15346 on: September 25, 2012, 11:28:06 am »

In dutch its "gelijkvloers" wich, litteraly translated, equalfloor.

@above, french doesnt count. Its a horribly deformed mutation of Latin.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15347 on: September 25, 2012, 11:29:53 am »

It's because European architects count from zero, just like computer scientists.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15348 on: September 25, 2012, 11:31:06 am »

Yeah, it also kind of makes sense when you tell somebody to go to the second floor that they have to go up two floors, no?

It's because European architects count from zero, just like computer scientists.
how many floors do they have in all then? 2?
0, and 1.
Not binary, silly.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15349 on: September 25, 2012, 11:32:07 am »

So its the zeroth floor?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

hanni79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15350 on: September 25, 2012, 11:34:26 am »

Then lets put some oil in the fire :

There are differences regarding groundfloor / first floor between some of the german federal Lands  :P

Conclusion ? We are even weirder than the rest  :D

( On a second thought, maybe it's a side effect of the well documented German Angst, since Ground floor simply doesn't sound as high to fall off than first floor  ;D )
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 11:40:07 am by hanni79 »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15351 on: September 25, 2012, 11:36:35 am »

since Ground floor simply doesn't sound as high to fall off than ground floor  ;D )
I didn't even know Germans could distinguish between capitalizations in spoken speech. I guess that helps explaining the grammar nazis or something please don't hurt me.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15352 on: September 25, 2012, 11:37:44 am »

So its the zeroth floor?
Exactly.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15353 on: September 25, 2012, 11:39:31 am »

So its the zeroth floor?
Exactly.
The problem then is that non-architect non-techies have to be told what 'zeroth floor' means instead of 'not-actually-a-thing building level'
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15354 on: September 25, 2012, 11:40:30 am »

If I were an architect, I'd designate the lowest basement as the first floor and would troll my way up the rest.

hanni79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15355 on: September 25, 2012, 11:41:25 am »

@Darvi : More like a case for "read before you post"- Nazis, huh ? Thanks  :D

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #15356 on: September 25, 2012, 01:06:23 pm »

I'm thoroughly pissed off right now. I'm currently in an Engineering Design class that based the whole semester around LEGO NXT models. My team had ran hundreds of tests on our robot after finalizing software/hardware, and every one proved a success. Then on the two demo trials that counted, our ultrasonic sensor suddenly red zero for an instant, causing the program to trigger the ending sequence early; the reason of triggering is completely unknown (checked cables, sensors, distance, programing, you name it). As a result our grade on this two week long project just dropped from a ~105% (bonus points for time) down to a ~70%. Ugh.  >:(
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15357 on: September 25, 2012, 01:17:46 pm »

The text in my dropdown and rightclick menus keeps turning yellow.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #15358 on: September 25, 2012, 02:48:02 pm »

That happens to me when playing aurora, for reasons I dont know.

Lego NXT? Sounds like Im just starting similiar class as your on now i2mroy, were getting the legos in few weeks.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 1022 1023 [1024] 1025 1026 ... 3345