Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 914 915 [916] 917 918 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3709632 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Punchonomics Edition
« Reply #13725 on: July 31, 2012, 11:58:37 am »

Don't forget to chase that lost day if he erased it. Security cameras tell all. If he stole from you, make him pay dearly.
Despite the signs on the outer fence stating otherwise, I've not seen or seen evidence of any security cameras on site. He's probably too cheap to install any.

I do have several witnesses though, including the previous warehouse manager who was fired under mysterious circumstances when he stopped in for a visit. So, proving I was there shouldn't be a problem.

Oh, and if the previous time I posted it is forgotten, here's the link to their website.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13726 on: July 31, 2012, 12:13:38 pm »

Rick Roll got blocked again :|

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13727 on: July 31, 2012, 12:18:26 pm »

Good news, everyone! I got fired yesterday afternoon
Not trying to being unhelpful here, but you're the only one I know who has that as a good thing right now.

Still, huzzah for you being done there.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13728 on: July 31, 2012, 12:19:46 pm »

My telephone and internet service provieder is totally amateur. I contact them with an issue (old broken cable outside my property causing a noisy line rendering the internet unstable and the phone impossible to use), carefully explaining the diagnostic procedure followed as reccomended by thier own help guide which allowed me to come to the conclusion - according to both thier and the engineering company they use for repairs the natue and location of the fault should entitle me to a free of charge repair. In reply they simply send me a list of diagnositc steps that you have to go through in order to actually get to the contact detals page, and a warning that they may charge me anyway, clearly contradicting all information presented about payment charges to this point. The best bit is that they want me to all thier engineering department using the line they provide me, despite the issue being that it is unusable. What sort of company doesnt actually listen to its customers in this manner? I am more than capable of running a new cable myself, but if I did so they could accuse me of criminal damage as I am not "qualified" to do such a thing. Clowns.
Welcome to consumer tech support. Tier 1 has a Script, and the Script is all they know. There is no deviation from the Script. The Script is their shepherd and they shall not think. Their primary job is to insulate the actual technical people from hordes of customers who don't know where their fucking power button is. Unfortunately, they also insulate them from customers who actually know what the hell they're doing. Your mission is to penetrate that protective shell and reach someone with a working frontal lobe. Once you do, they'll likely be able to fix it in minutes.

The problem I always have when I have to deal with Time-Warner is that while I've perfected blowing past Tier 1 (mostly by being belligerent, overwhelming them with detail and making a note of the fact that I do this for a living) and stumping Tier 2, the higher tiers are never readily available to take my call and *never* call me back. I usually wind up figuring it out myself.

The other way I get past Tier 1 is that most of it is offshored, and after asking someone to repeat themselves 8 times because I literally can't understand most of what they're saying, they'll eventually transfer you to Tier 2 just for that.
Cause Tier 2 we are so fucking busy with calls that we look at the phone and dream about throwing it out the window
Then your engineers need to get their shit together and stop things from breaking.  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13729 on: July 31, 2012, 12:22:30 pm »

Chest pain.
Oh goddammit.
How does being sick give me huge chest pain after I GOT COMPLETELY BETTER OF EVERY OTHER BLOODY PART OF IT.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #13730 on: July 31, 2012, 12:32:41 pm »

Not trying to being unhelpful here, but you're the only one I know who has that as a good thing right now.

Sir, I believe your sarcasm detector has malfunctioned.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13731 on: July 31, 2012, 12:36:12 pm »

Sir, I believe your sarcasm detector has malfunctioned.
Either that or he has never seen Futurama.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13732 on: July 31, 2012, 12:37:19 pm »

Chest pain.
Oh goddammit.
How does being sick give me huge chest pain after I GOT COMPLETELY BETTER OF EVERY OTHER BLOODY PART OF IT.
Excessive coughing can leave the chest area very sore and sensitive, which leads to more coughing. It's a cruel cycle.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13733 on: July 31, 2012, 12:39:45 pm »

Whoever decided it was a good idea to leave the front door open one hour before the train leaves with the cat loose inside...

You're now responsible for the new hole in the door. And the pain medication for my head.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: The Unbinding Of Akura!
« Reply #13734 on: July 31, 2012, 01:05:45 pm »

Good luck Akura, I sincerely mean that. Anything has got to be better than effectively being a slave in the power of religious nutjobs who don't respect you or your time.

That said, I can't help but worry a little about how this will play out for you at home.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13735 on: July 31, 2012, 01:46:43 pm »

Chest pain.
Oh goddammit.
Excessive coughing can leave the chest area very sore and sensitive, which leads to more coughing. It's a cruel cycle.
That's the thing though, I didn't cough much, and got pretty much better two days ago. Except I got a terrible headache yesterday (presumably from not having enough water), and am now having horrible chest pain that just started a few hours ago right now, I presume it has something to do with being sick, but its rather odd that it waited this long to start up.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13736 on: July 31, 2012, 02:06:31 pm »

How does it feel, exactly?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13737 on: July 31, 2012, 03:09:41 pm »

After thinking on it a while, it kind of feels (well felt, it only really lasted about two hours at a high intensity) like I would imagine heart pain would (although I don't know for sure).
Which is odd because A) I just was sick (and probably am still technically sick, although I feel just fine for the most part) yesterday, so it almost is certainly connected, but I have no clue how they could be connected B) I have had no heart problems, am 20 years old, and while not super fit, am still pretty healthy (so its almost certainly not a real heart problem), and if it was it would have probably hurt a lot more then it did.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13738 on: July 31, 2012, 03:34:15 pm »

Mouse wheel is acting up again, this is immensely frustrating. Sometimes when I scroll the wheel it works perfectly, sometimes it doesn't work at all, and sometimes it works, but only for some of the clicks. This is in many ways more irritating than if it didn't work at all.

I'm also completely unsure how to fix this, a bit of googling suggests it might be an issue with the mouse drivers, but uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them didn't help and I'm not sure what else to do.

I love computers, but I really wish it didn't take so much fiddling to get them working smoothly.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13739 on: July 31, 2012, 03:39:20 pm »

Mouse wheel is acting up again, this is immensely frustrating. Sometimes when I scroll the wheel it works perfectly, sometimes it doesn't work at all, and sometimes it works, but only for some of the clicks. This is in many ways more irritating than if it didn't work at all.

I'm also completely unsure how to fix this, a bit of googling suggests it might be an issue with the mouse drivers, but uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them didn't help and I'm not sure what else to do.

I love computers, but I really wish it didn't take so much fiddling to get them working smoothly.
It could be the physical mouse that is acting up (but it also might not be).
I personally would recommend a new mouse, unless your current one is super awesome besides that I suppose.

Pages: 1 ... 914 915 [916] 917 918 ... 3345