Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 913 914 [915] 916 917 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3709363 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Punchonomics Edition
« Reply #13710 on: July 30, 2012, 08:16:52 pm »

Yeah, get Truecrypt. It's pretty much unbreakable.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13711 on: July 30, 2012, 10:48:56 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #13712 on: July 30, 2012, 11:06:36 pm »

I got team killed in world of tanks by some ass who was angry because I didnt start moving in the first 3 seconds of the match.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13713 on: July 31, 2012, 01:27:19 am »

I'm out of milk for my tea.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13714 on: July 31, 2012, 02:59:55 am »

Mh, my steam pass is a bit like the first one, and i can remember it perfectly fine.
Not all services allow passwords as long as 4 words, too.

EDIT:

My rage:
Windows 8. It suddenly became very tempting to wait for steam to be released to linux and then switch to ubuntu.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13715 on: July 31, 2012, 04:23:34 am »

My telephone and internet service provieder is totally amateur. I contact them with an issue (old broken cable outside my property causing a noisy line rendering the internet unstable and the phone impossible to use), carefully explaining the diagnostic procedure followed as reccomended by thier own help guide which allowed me to come to the conclusion - according to both thier and the engineering company they use for repairs the natue and location of the fault should entitle me to a free of charge repair. In reply they simply send me a list of diagnositc steps that you have to go through in order to actually get to the contact detals page, and a warning that they may charge me anyway, clearly contradicting all information presented about payment charges to this point. The best bit is that they want me to all thier engineering department using the line they provide me, despite the issue being that it is unusable. What sort of company doesnt actually listen to its customers in this manner? I am more than capable of running a new cable myself, but if I did so they could accuse me of criminal damage as I am not "qualified" to do such a thing. Clowns.
This is a blank sig.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13716 on: July 31, 2012, 06:28:17 am »

Mh, from what i heard, all of the telecom companies are like that.
Especially the helpdesks, they'll not sort out your problem and try to give you a more expensive plan even if you refuse.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13717 on: July 31, 2012, 07:24:13 am »

I used to work customer service for Cox, and they would have sent someone out to go look at / fix it.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13718 on: July 31, 2012, 08:25:15 am »

My telephone and internet service provieder is totally amateur. I contact them with an issue (old broken cable outside my property causing a noisy line rendering the internet unstable and the phone impossible to use), carefully explaining the diagnostic procedure followed as reccomended by thier own help guide which allowed me to come to the conclusion - according to both thier and the engineering company they use for repairs the natue and location of the fault should entitle me to a free of charge repair. In reply they simply send me a list of diagnositc steps that you have to go through in order to actually get to the contact detals page, and a warning that they may charge me anyway, clearly contradicting all information presented about payment charges to this point. The best bit is that they want me to all thier engineering department using the line they provide me, despite the issue being that it is unusable. What sort of company doesnt actually listen to its customers in this manner? I am more than capable of running a new cable myself, but if I did so they could accuse me of criminal damage as I am not "qualified" to do such a thing. Clowns.
Welcome to consumer tech support. Tier 1 has a Script, and the Script is all they know. There is no deviation from the Script. The Script is their shepherd and they shall not think. Their primary job is to insulate the actual technical people from hordes of customers who don't know where their fucking power button is. Unfortunately, they also insulate them from customers who actually know what the hell they're doing. Your mission is to penetrate that protective shell and reach someone with a working frontal lobe. Once you do, they'll likely be able to fix it in minutes.

The problem I always have when I have to deal with Time-Warner is that while I've perfected blowing past Tier 1 (mostly by being belligerent, overwhelming them with detail and making a note of the fact that I do this for a living) and stumping Tier 2, the higher tiers are never readily available to take my call and *never* call me back. I usually wind up figuring it out myself.

The other way I get past Tier 1 is that most of it is offshored, and after asking someone to repeat themselves 8 times because I literally can't understand most of what they're saying, they'll eventually transfer you to Tier 2 just for that.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13719 on: July 31, 2012, 09:20:43 am »

Theres also the technical people rarely in Tier 1 who are unexpected.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13720 on: July 31, 2012, 09:21:22 am »

Welcome to consumer tech support. Tier 1 has a Script, and the Script is all they know. There is no deviation from the Script. The Script is their shepherd and they shall not think. Their primary job is to insulate the actual technical people from hordes of customers who don't know where their fucking power button is. Unfortunately, they also insulate them from customers who actually know what the hell they're doing. Your mission is to penetrate that protective shell and reach someone with a working frontal lobe. Once you do, they'll likely be able to fix it in minutes.

The problem I always have when I have to deal with Time-Warner is that while I've perfected blowing past Tier 1 (mostly by being belligerent, overwhelming them with detail and making a note of the fact that I do this for a living) and stumping Tier 2, the higher tiers are never readily available to take my call and *never* call me back. I usually wind up figuring it out myself.

The other way I get past Tier 1 is that most of it is offshored, and after asking someone to repeat themselves 8 times because I literally can't understand most of what they're saying, they'll eventually transfer you to Tier 2 just for that.
Cause Tier 2 we are so fucking busy with calls that we look at the phone and dream about throwing it out the window

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13721 on: July 31, 2012, 09:25:15 am »

Shouldn't be too hard if its a nice enough day to have open windows and you have a cordless phone. ;)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13722 on: July 31, 2012, 11:38:36 am »

Good news, everyone! I got fired yesterday afternoon, since the boss saw fit not to tell me until I was just leaving. No reason was given, but I happen to have a document(that rules sheet) that might be enough to prove discrimination. Asshole probably went back and erased the timesheet record of me being there yesterday(he has a habit of doing that), too.

To the WBC...

This made my fucking day, and it is going on a t-shirt ASAP.
Me too, especially considering /|\.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #13723 on: July 31, 2012, 11:44:44 am »

Definitely show that rules sheet to somebody and get that dude some legal thumping.  I've been starting to wonder if that guy is even right in the head after all the stuff we've heard about him from you.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13724 on: July 31, 2012, 11:46:54 am »

Don't forget to chase that lost day if he erased it. Security cameras tell all. If he stole from you, make him pay dearly.
Pages: 1 ... 913 914 [915] 916 917 ... 3345