Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 883 884 [885] 886 887 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3708004 times)

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: VROOM VROOM! Edition
« Reply #13260 on: July 13, 2012, 07:36:17 am »

Evidenced by the fact that I was playing it earlier today, it's not the OS that's the problem (I have a 32bit version, a 64bit version may still have problems).

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #13261 on: July 13, 2012, 08:20:11 am »

So apparently Fallout 3 doesn't run on Windows 7 for some reason? Would've been nice to know that before I blew $12 on it this morning.
It's probably not an OS problem. There are many other things that could go wrong.
[/post]

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #13262 on: July 13, 2012, 08:24:06 am »

The fact that nobody seem to be able to make a spellchecker that fucking knows Swedish does not write apart words.
Love, scriver~

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13263 on: July 13, 2012, 09:22:36 am »

I'm afraid that'll spook it, but I guess there's probably no better option.

edit: I caught and released the thing. Now I feel bad because I released an invasive species back into the wild. There really was no good outcome to this.

That sucks man. :/
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13264 on: July 13, 2012, 02:21:50 pm »

I have no idea what's up my connection lately, especially today, its been off and on off and on, so fucking spotty that if it was any more rapidly changing I bet you could interpret it as bloody morse code. Might go ahead and contact my ISP soon if it continues this bullshit.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #13265 on: July 13, 2012, 02:46:28 pm »

I'm afraid that'll spook it, but I guess there's probably no better option.

edit: I caught and released the thing. Now I feel bad because I released an invasive species back into the wild. There really was no good outcome to this.

That sucks man. :/

I'm just going to blame whoever introduced this species to North America.

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes nu's for their blueness, oh and that mohawk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13266 on: July 13, 2012, 03:25:59 pm »

VALVE STOP PUTTING GAMES ON SALE I WANT TO PLAY GAMES BUT YOUR SALES MEAN EVERYONE IS ONLINE MEANING STEAM IS SLOW. Gah.
Blargh.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13267 on: July 13, 2012, 03:43:12 pm »

A few things, first off, I won't be here over most of the summer, leaving for home in a week or two, this means I won't be using my shitty USB wireless internet. It's under contract (only way to get the student discount), the contract expires in early November I think, I won't be back here before October most probably. Here's the deal tho, it would cost me more to break the contract than to continue paying the damn thing untill the end, despite not being able to use it.

Another thing, this one quite a bit bigger.

I CURSE THE GOD DAMNED IDIOT THAT BUILT THIS FUCKING HOUSE TO AN ETERNAL HELL OF SLANTED FLOORS AND CLOGGED SEWAGE PIPES THE GOD DAMNED MOTHERFUCKER.

So, the house is slightly slanted to one side, most obvious when cooking, because the oil always goes to one side, another not so obvious (atleast not as oftenly) is that the bathroom is slanted in such a way that any water on the floor collects in front of the door, and not around the drain, which also connects to the bathtub drain, and is for some reason clogged, this means that if you take a shower now, the bathroom will flood and all the water will go away from the drain that will continue spewing stench, filth and more water.

It's also very hot, which means sweat, which means that rather frequent showers are required, but now, this isn't fucking possible.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13268 on: July 13, 2012, 05:32:02 pm »

Friend of mine has issues with his place too.  Thing is entirely made of concrete internal walls, and in portions even the ceilings of rooms seem to be and doesn't have any reasonable way to install ethernet.  He's fine with this though and he buys it, because it's a reasonable price.  And he did it when the housing market was down too, so he probably got a very good price on it.

Now however a year(probably more I have a terrible time keeping track of dates) later he finds out that the previous owner had a major leak in the washing machine plumbing, and that mold was growing on the walls.  The previous owner, instead of fixing the problem, appears to have simply ignored the leak, telling noone of it, and actually built another wall over the old wall.  My friend finally discovers the leak when it somehow floods the living room, and in the process of repairing the damage the old wall is found, and found to be 100% covered with mold by this point.

I was always under the impression that home inspectors were supposed to identify things like badly designed plumbing, or slanted buildings, or second walls built over old walls.  I guess both of you had inspectors that were just there to look good, and didn't do any actual inspecting.  I would think a crooked house if anything wouldn't conform to building codes.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 05:34:19 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13269 on: July 13, 2012, 05:54:51 pm »

About two years ago my parents looked into saving money on the AC/heating bills, so they hired some folks who came in and figured out where the leaks were. Most of the problems they discovered were housing code violations: there was no insulation in the ceiling above my bedroom, for example, and some of the air ducts terminated in the attic rather than actually being connected to the outside. There were about 1,000,000 other homes going up in Vegas at the time the house was built, so I'm guessing the city simply didn't have the manpower to actually inspect them all properly. I bet a lot of municipalities have the same problem.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13270 on: July 14, 2012, 12:02:31 am »

Onions. I swear, they're the epitome of dwarven creations since no god can be callous enough to create such things.

I can just imagine some nutter planting onion seeds in his backyard with the little buggers anxiously digging towards the seeds underground with big, mad and evil grins on their faces as if the seeds themselves acted as homing beacons to their beards. As they finally reach the seeds they substitute the seeds with their dwarven eldritch abominations and then proceed to collapse the nutter's house with a cave-in with the owner inside. When the dust settles and the nutter's impaled on the debris, the dwarves clear the area and obsidianize it. Then some other nutter finds the backyard and proceeds to build a house on top of the obsidian slab, picks up the onions and sells them so the lesser plebes can be perpetually tormented by the toxic fumes.

Rinse and repeat.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #13271 on: July 14, 2012, 12:18:46 am »

Onions. I swear, they're the epitome of dwarven creations since no god can be callous enough to create such things.

I can just imagine some nutter planting onion seeds in his backyard with the little buggers anxiously digging towards the seeds underground with big, mad and evil grins on their faces as if the seeds themselves acted as homing beacons to their beards. As they finally reach the seeds they substitute the seeds with their dwarven eldritch abominations and then proceed to collapse the nutter's house with a cave-in with the owner inside. When the dust settles and the nutter's impaled on the debris, the dwarves clear the area and obsidianize it. Then some other nutter finds the backyard and proceeds to build a house on top of the obsidian slab, picks up the onions and sells them so the lesser plebes can be perpetually tormented by the toxic fumes.

Rinse and repeat.

This was confusing gibberish of the most entertaining quality.  I rate it at 70% incoherence - a most exquisite purity.  I reward you, sir, with many internets and an approving "Wut."
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13272 on: July 14, 2012, 09:03:47 am »

Ugh. So a surfer gets killed by a shark and the authorities decide it's a great idea to hunt it down and kill it.
Seriously, the guy's paddling around way out in the water, a shark takes offence and noms him, and suddenly everyone is horrified that it would do such a thing? ??? Uh, it's a shark?
It's not like, gosh, there might be anything dangerous out in the middle of the fucking ocean! ::)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13273 on: July 14, 2012, 09:06:37 am »

Rinse and repeat.

This was confusing gibberish of the most entertaining quality.  I rate it at 70% incoherence - a most exquisite purity.  I reward you, sir, with many internets and an approving "Wut."
Maybe it's because I'm tired, maybe it's because I'm insane, but every word of that made sense. The grammar and punctuation, however, could really use an upgrade.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13274 on: July 14, 2012, 09:55:21 am »

Ugh. So a surfer gets killed by a shark and the authorities decide it's a great idea to hunt it down and kill it.
Seriously, the guy's paddling around way out in the water, a shark takes offence and noms him, and suddenly everyone is horrified that it would do such a thing? ??? Uh, it's a shark?
It's not like, gosh, there might be anything dangerous out in the middle of the fucking ocean! ::)
Blame the movie Jaws. If they didn't go hunt it down, it'd be a PR disaster for local beaches and such.

Sharks don't usually like eating humans, though. Supposedly we taste nasty.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 883 884 [885] 886 887 ... 3345