Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 878 879 [880] 881 882 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3708204 times)

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: VROOM VROOM! Edition
« Reply #13185 on: July 09, 2012, 12:26:04 pm »

Good luck getting paid for that one too.

"I would have been able to afford it if I had gotten child support."

Or maybe I'm being too pessimistic. I don't think I am, but I may be.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13186 on: July 09, 2012, 12:37:29 pm »

« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 10:31:36 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13187 on: July 09, 2012, 05:52:25 pm »

So a friend wants me to help her out by driving her around a bit to help her sort out some job applications, then there was talk of taking the dogs for a walk and some other junk, none of that happened which is good because I had the worst frigging drive home ever.

While we were out and about a major road was closed, and all the traffic was routed through my traditional way home, this meant that it was packed with cars for more than half the journey, and the cars were moving at a snails pace. On top of that there seemed to have been an accident that was holding up one lane and making things worse. Also I was very close to empty and worried that the car would give out, especially when it started making strange noises and smelling bad towards the end (I couldn't buy petrol on account of having no money and no credit card on me currently). At the end of the day, the entire journey took about an hour, for what is usually a 15 minute drive. Ugh.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13188 on: July 09, 2012, 08:41:42 pm »

For fuck's sake. Lamar Smith is back with the same thing, again.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13189 on: July 09, 2012, 09:45:02 pm »

For fuck's sake. Lamar Smith is back with the same thing, again.
FFFFFFFFF-

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13190 on: July 09, 2012, 09:51:51 pm »

You are quite lacking in F's there, FD. :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #13191 on: July 09, 2012, 11:50:01 pm »

And congresspersons contacted. Likely I will be ignored, but ah well.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13192 on: July 09, 2012, 11:59:20 pm »

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more...

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13193 on: July 10, 2012, 12:09:26 am »

Whats his story?

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13194 on: July 10, 2012, 04:46:36 am »

Texas, execute this man already.  >:(
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13195 on: July 10, 2012, 08:37:49 am »

Whats his story?
He is the guy who brought out all the SOPA crap in the first place, at least to Congress.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13196 on: July 10, 2012, 11:16:03 am »

My mother apparently doesn't like me using air freshener in the bathroom, even if the circumstances call for it. My stepdad doesn't like me going to the bathroom at all.

And the other day, the power just had to blit out for a fraction of a second, which was enough to shut my computer off completely, losing about half an hour of DF gameplay.

And the new warehouse manager at work was throwing a fit about the arcade machine that his predeccessors put in his office, because one of the games is called "Satan's Hallow". You'd think he'd be more pissed about Wizards of Wor, with the Christian hatred of magic and all.
We've also had some 10-12-year-olds volunteering there since last week, and by volunteering, I mean all they do is play games, presenting often severe hazards to the rest of us(yesterday I was almost hit by a bicycle they were riding in the warehouse), drink all the soda(and there's almost none left, we haven't had much in donations this summer), and generally leave a complete mess that the rest of us adults have to clean up.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13197 on: July 10, 2012, 11:37:59 am »

Where do you work?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Kaiserr

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13198 on: July 10, 2012, 03:39:10 pm »

My mother apparently doesn't like me using air freshener in the bathroom, even if the circumstances call for it. My stepdad doesn't like me going to the bathroom at all.

And the other day, the power just had to blit out for a fraction of a second, which was enough to shut my computer off completely, losing about half an hour of DF gameplay.

And the new warehouse manager at work was throwing a fit about the arcade machine that his predeccessors put in his office, because one of the games is called "Satan's Hallow". You'd think he'd be more pissed about Wizards of Wor, with the Christian hatred of magic and all.
We've also had some 10-12-year-olds volunteering there since last week, and by volunteering, I mean all they do is play games, presenting often severe hazards to the rest of us(yesterday I was almost hit by a bicycle they were riding in the warehouse), drink all the soda(and there's almost none left, we haven't had much in donations this summer), and generally leave a complete mess that the rest of us adults have to clean up.

I hate the part about the Satan's Hallow thing.
Really?
I mean what the hell?
I'm sick of people being concerned about me because I am not a Christian.
Almost everyone I meet that knows about me calls me the Antichrist and etc,but I am hardly so.
I'm not even SATANIST OR ANYTHING LIKE IT!
I have no problem with things made by Satanists,linked to Satanists,and all the rest,but sometimes Christians just get too nosy and Theists in general need to stop trying to force their religion on me.
Wait, you type with your feet? That's badass.
DF: Beat people to death with their own appendages!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13199 on: July 10, 2012, 05:07:59 pm »

lol, i had a snoop around, and conservapedia is linking an article claiming people are abandoning atheism - base on "google trends" searches. I don't have to google "the sky is blue" to know it's true.
Pages: 1 ... 878 879 [880] 881 882 ... 3345