Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 815 816 [817] 818 819 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3704380 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: SalmonBot Edition
« Reply #12240 on: June 10, 2012, 01:47:16 pm »

You should probably get that checked out. That, or take an ibuprofen when you know a storm's rolling in.

ibuprofen/asperin/naproxin etc. gives me vomiting, seizures, and bleeding ulcers.

and I had to stop tylenol/sulfasalazine due to slow liver damage.

enbrel/humera/etc. give me massive migraines.

steroid medications make me blind and psychotic.
Ouch, that sucks.

In other news: My relatives are assholes. Seriously, when you meet a transvestite, your first reaction should not be to burst out in laughter after they tell you that they are a woman in a mans body. FUCKING. ASSHOLES.
was it this sort of a reaction:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M

except worse?
Yes.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12241 on: June 10, 2012, 04:07:58 pm »

Something like this? This is a friend of mine. warning! this is what can happen to your hand when you crash land an ulta-light aircraft and your hand goes through the propeller cage. NOT FOR THE SQUEAMISH!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
... he has mostly recovered aside from some stiffness and numbness.

Eek! How... How does that even grow back? I would have assumed such an injury basically doomed the finger to non-workingness.

I can literally see through where my knuckle should be.

Pics or I don't understand what you mean?
It's probably caved in. Sounds like a severe boxer's break.

Caved in? I'm afraid I'm not experienced enough when it comes to injuries and stuff to understand what that means in context. Like, dented?

...Maybe I should just Google "boxer's break" ;)
Love, scriver~

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #12242 on: June 10, 2012, 05:07:42 pm »

Something like this? This is a friend of mine. warning! this is what can happen to your hand when you crash land an ulta-light aircraft and your hand goes through the propeller cage. NOT FOR THE SQUEAMISH!

Hey thanks.  This is actually really good artistic reference for me :P
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12243 on: June 10, 2012, 07:36:53 pm »

Wow, graphic, but awesome picture. Not that it doesn't suck that it happened in the first place.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #12244 on: June 10, 2012, 07:48:59 pm »

You should probably get that checked out. That, or take an ibuprofen when you know a storm's rolling in.

ibuprofen/asperin/naproxin etc. gives me vomiting, seizures, and bleeding ulcers.

and I had to stop tylenol/sulfasalazine due to slow liver damage.

enbrel/humera/etc. give me massive migraines.

steroid medications make me blind and psychotic.
a walking bastion of allergies?

Oh, yeah, I also broke out in hives/inability to breath from a cortizone shot.

Fortunetly, after a prior bad reaction to medication, I always hang out in the hospital for 15-20 minutes after the first time with any new medication.
So if you're in any kind of highly painful situation, you're more or less fucked unless you can continue to deal with the pain.

The trick … is not minding that it hurts
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12245 on: June 10, 2012, 09:33:58 pm »

Eek! How... How does that even grow back? I would have assumed such an injury basically doomed the finger to non-workingness.

It's probably caved in. Sounds like a severe boxer's break.

Caved in? I'm afraid I'm not experienced enough when it comes to injuries and stuff to understand what that means in context. Like, dented?

...Maybe I should just Google "boxer's break" ;)

Indeed , it is a severe boxer's break. I punched at the wall, and hit a circuit breaker with just my pinky. It's about a quarter of an inch shorter than it should be, and when I make a fist, there is no knuckle. Its like this:

I'd get it checked out, but its been healed that way for nearly a year, and I don't have health insurance. Also, I can't take time off work because then I'd go to jail for failing to pay court costs. I don't take any sort of medication anymore, even OTC stuff, unless prescribed by a doctor, because of aforementioned court entanglements. Basically, I have no choice but to live with a crippled right hand, and being right handed, that kinda sucks.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12246 on: June 10, 2012, 09:36:32 pm »

Who said not being able to not write very well right handed was a bad thing?
* Aklyon is totally not left-handed. :P

More seriously, that kinda sucks, Han.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12247 on: June 10, 2012, 09:46:15 pm »

I'm just hoping that by the time I get to see a doctor, it isn't permanent. But I'm kinda resigned to it being permanent, in which case I'm amputating the damn thing, with or without a doctor. I'm not living with this for the rest of my life, thank you very much. Pinkys don't do anything anyway.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12248 on: June 10, 2012, 09:56:02 pm »

Dunno about permanent, but I do vaguely recall them having to re-break the bones in order for it to heal right, if it doesn't do it right the first time. So, uh. If it's already set and healed, there might be problems fixing it. Probably wouldn't suggest amputation, though. It'd just take a while to fix... and you might not get full functioning back. Which is possible, if not likely, with any break, even if immediate treatment is received, from what I understand.

If it's already set and healed, though, any damage of that sort is probably already done, from my extremely limited and possibly erroneous understanding of the process.

Can totally understand that circumstances didn't allow it, but stuff like that you really want to get properly treated ASAP. Longer it goes unaddressed, larger the possibility of later (and even more expensive to fix and/or dangerous) problems. Ounce of prevention and all that rot.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12249 on: June 10, 2012, 09:58:07 pm »

Get to the doctor immediately. Seriously, that's nothing to fuck around with.

On top of that, you better hope you have damn good insurance. Mine cost $26,000+ to fix (that my work paid for! Huzzah, workman's comp!), because I needed orthopedic surgery, and I got in immediately.

Also, you're looking at 5 weeks of heal time and 5+ weeks of physical therapy.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12250 on: June 10, 2012, 10:00:25 pm »

Prety sure thats useless advice (if good nonetheless) due to the court shenanigans he has to have, MZ.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12251 on: June 10, 2012, 10:03:03 pm »

Get to the doctor immediately. Seriously, that's nothing to fuck around with.

On top of that, you better hope you have damn good insurance. Mine cost $26,000+ to fix (that my work paid for! Huzzah, workman's comp!), because I needed orthopedic surgery, and I got in immediately.

Also, you're looking at 5 weeks of heal time and 5+ weeks of physical therapy.

No insurance. No time for healing or physical therapy. Aforementioned court shenanigans. It is good advice, and I truly want to follow it, but I'm somewhat screwed.
He's fucking with us.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12252 on: June 10, 2012, 10:04:44 pm »

Whats the court stuff for anyway, if you don't mind giving a general idea of what it is?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12253 on: June 10, 2012, 10:10:52 pm »

I have two class c felonies for Possession of a Controlled Substance. I was put into a Drug Court program to avoid going to prison for seven years. So, anything that would lessen the pain is totally out.
He's fucking with us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12254 on: June 10, 2012, 10:13:28 pm »

Most hospitals have charity allocated if you decide to visit the ER. There is help available, man. Nobody should have to suffer like that. That's hell.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 815 816 [817] 818 819 ... 3345