Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 803 804 [805] 806 807 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3702929 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Poor Snake......Edition
« Reply #12060 on: June 06, 2012, 10:03:36 am »

So apperantly my job now on this site is to say nothing but negative things and how I hate everything all the time.

Twice have I been called out on saying terrible things I didn't say.

I am trying hard now to keep it together and not intentionally do what they are accusing me of. Since what people mostly just extract imaginary sections of anything I said I might as well make that non-imaginary.

Being completely honest here, but you have occasionally struck me as a Negative Nancy. Then again, I've been told I'm one too. I constantly remind myself to have something good to say in addition to the bad.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #12061 on: June 06, 2012, 10:11:23 am »

So apperantly my job now on this site is to say nothing but negative things and how I hate everything all the time.

Twice have I been called out on saying terrible things I didn't say.

I am trying hard now to keep it together and not intentionally do what they are accusing me of. Since what people mostly just extract imaginary sections of anything I said I might as well make that non-imaginary.

See, I think it's more of the tone you put out. I'm sorry if I can get snippy, but you come off as rather negative when I feel you shouldn't be, it's kindof a bummer. You know, I do apologize. I didn't mean any harm, and was having a long coffee-fueled night. Forums are a stupid place to be fighting with people. You remind me of myself, haha.

I really do feel like a jerk if I had anything to do with this, friend. :/

Also,
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/jun/04/jubilee-pageant-unemployed
Wow. Skeeping under a bridge in rain and no payment...

This article sent me into rage.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 10:15:17 am by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #12062 on: June 06, 2012, 01:25:08 pm »

Negative monies in my bank account. Thanks, community college, for taking money out of my account when you said you wouldn't, and then refusing to put it back!

My HMO had difficulty refunding a overpayment they automatically withdrew, until I filed a fraud report with the Police. The it got resolved very quickly.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12063 on: June 06, 2012, 02:04:29 pm »

Negative monies in my bank account. Thanks, community college, for taking money out of my account when you said you wouldn't, and then refusing to put it back!

My HMO had difficulty refunding a overpayment they automatically withdrew, until I filed a fraud report with the Police. The it got resolved very quickly.
Police won't handle that as they only handle local issues and not money thats not theft. You need to get hold of bank regulators.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12064 on: June 06, 2012, 02:07:14 pm »

The threat is what counts.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12065 on: June 06, 2012, 02:17:13 pm »

My last week has been impossible bugs. Currently working on a Lv5 heisenberg. Non-critical, but mysterious as fuck. Roughly one out of every 10,000 times, for reasons no one can figure out, a string will be returned /slightly differently/.

As in, a single space will be replaced by the letters "&nbsp".

But only one out of every 10,000 times. We've found no method to reproduce it, and thus no method to discover if our 'solution' has fixed it. We've thought it was fixed twice, and now it isn't again.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12066 on: June 06, 2012, 02:49:38 pm »

EA's Origins boss actually has the balls to try and say Steam sales cheapen the intellectual property of the games they offer.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/06/06/hmm-ea-on-steamorigin-mega-sales/

The guy's one-track MONEY MONEY MONEY thinking makes me want to reach through the internet and blind him with a pair of pinking shears.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12067 on: June 06, 2012, 02:53:30 pm »

cheapen the intellectual property
Is that even possible? I... I really don't want to read that thing. What sort of reasoning does this guy provide?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12068 on: June 06, 2012, 03:00:38 pm »

If by "cheapen" he means "less able to milk money out of customers with" then he might be right. I don't think he means "cheapen" in any way except monetarily.

*actually reads article*

If you want to sell a whole bunch of units, that is certainly a way to do that, to sell a whole bunch of stuff at a low price. The gamemakers work incredibly hard to make this intellectual property, and we’re not trying to be Target. We’re trying to be Nordstrom. When I say that, I mean good value
Okay yeah he actually does mean the other definition of "cheapen," and he's totally bonkers.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12069 on: June 06, 2012, 06:03:07 pm »

I've done the first session of the laser hair removal today. It fucking hurted fucking like fucking fuck, fuck it! And that was with the laser potency so weak it didn't even got my skin red.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #12070 on: June 06, 2012, 06:57:18 pm »

my nose officially wants me to become nocturnal.

I can't sleep with a blocked nose. at night, it blocks up, day, it stays unblocked. I keep falling asleep at 5AM as a result of this, and getting up at 2 PM

Clean sheets and new pillows, to purge the allergens.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12071 on: June 06, 2012, 07:02:20 pm »

I've done the first session of the laser hair removal today. It fucking hurted fucking like fucking fuck, fuck it! And that was with the laser potency so weak it didn't even got my skin red.
Good luck with that, for whatever reason you've decided to go through with it.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #12072 on: June 06, 2012, 07:41:39 pm »

Oh lord, this isn't making me excited for the potential hair-related things that lie in my distant future.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12073 on: June 06, 2012, 10:32:17 pm »

YouTube why do you not show the buffering progress bar anymore. :/

Oh it seems to be some option in my playback settings that shouldn't have ANYTHING to do with the buffering progress bar.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 10:34:02 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12074 on: June 06, 2012, 10:52:15 pm »

Which option is it?
Pages: 1 ... 803 804 [805] 806 807 ... 3345