Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 763 764 [765] 766 767 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3702761 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Nope, didn't know about it. I saw a laptop with a dot in the corner of the touchpad yesterday while waiting for the others to finish deciding on a movie to get, though, and that dot may or may not work as mentioned.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Nope, didn't know about it. I saw a laptop with a dot in the corner of the touchpad yesterday while waiting for the others to finish deciding on a movie to get, though.
Intuitive, this one is.

My mom's laptop supposedly has some of that gesture stuff on it. Randomly, you'll have the screen do something funky while trying to do something else, or the page you're looking at will suddenly start scrolling.

When you try to do it on purpose, though? Never works. Ever.
That's...my #1 demo. I do it about 10-15 times every time I work. O_o

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

E: Or... I don't even quite know what the hell that arc touch thing is. Curved freestanding wireless touchpad?

It's just wonderfully designed.  It's curved when you're using it.  The rear half snaps in and out of that curved position, and that's also how you turn the mouse on and off.  The flat position is wonderfully portable, because it doesn't make a bulge in whatever pocket you store it in to invite abuse.   It connects via a mini USB dongle, and I've had zero trouble with it being less responsive than a wired mouse.  The buttons actually click like normal buttons, but the middle strip is a total mystery to me.  It responds to lightest touch like a capacitive touch surface, but there's a wierd tactile feedback beneath the strip that rubs back against your finger with an audible click as you scroll.... but only when the thing is turned on.  You can also flick it and the thing will momentum scroll with a rapid clicking noise and gradually slow to a stop.

If it had a side button, I would probably use it as my home desktop mouse as well.  Right now I just use it for when I want to do computing stuff or navigate media libraries on my tablet.  Mediamonkey is the only music player I've found that has all the management features I want, but it doesn't have a touchscreen-friendly interface.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

my touchpad has a systray icon where you can right click on it and enable/disable tap clicking.

the autoscroll is the devil, though.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

I am kind of dumbfounded at my supervisors. Apparently, a week or two ago, day shift came in for the morning at about the same time as a bunch of stat orders for the Surgical Intensive Care Unit printed, and the lot of them refused to fill those orders because the person whose job it was hadn't shown up yet (fortunately, a few minutes later, somebody a little more reasonable showed up and took care of it). Keep in mind, it's not that they had other things they had to do or were untrained, it just wasn't part of their job description for the particular shifts they were working that day. So the supervisors got wind of this, and do you know what their response was?

They shifted the midnight technician's schedule half an hour later so that it would overlap with the day shift. Dafuq? Seriously. What the hell, guys. Could you possibly have missed the problem by a wider margin?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

gestures

You.

So we meet again, my old nemesis.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile

All my items in Diablo are gone. Gone Gone Gone Gone...

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

Why?
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile

Hacked? Huge Diablo bug? No idea. I sent in a ticket today.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

I bet hacked. I'm betting some of your gear.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile

Stop Helping Me, dammit, there goes a whole hour wasted because of something that'll be gone im a couple days.

Also I need a haircut. There's a limit to how long I think my hair should be and I feel it's gettimg past it.
* SirAaronIII whines about minor problems more
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

Graaarg cat stop shedding so much! I let you on my lap to cuddle and get pet, and 10 minutes later I'm covered in hair.

If you weren't so small, fuzzy, adorable, with those big eyes and lovely coat and OMG YOU'RE A KITTY
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects

ARMA Combined Arms 50% off.  Yay!

US only. Fuuuuuuu!

I've been wanting for some time now...
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

ARMA Combined Arms 50% off.  Yay!

US only. Fuuuuuuu!

I've been wanting for some time now...
Thats it time to in cash in on *gifting* people.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Graaarg cat stop shedding so much! I let you on my lap to cuddle and get pet, and 10 minutes later I'm covered in hair.

If you weren't so small, fuzzy, adorable, with those big eyes and lovely coat and OMG YOU'RE A KITTY

*Adorablesoft the claws of titans, cat has adopted Kaijyuu!*

KILL HIM, HE HAS BEEN HYPNOTIZED BY THE MIND CONTROL BEAMS!

(well, then you'd have to kill me too, because i have such an adorable cat too... cant stay mad at him...)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 763 764 [765] 766 767 ... 3345