Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 756 757 [758] 759 760 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3701440 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

Looking at my junk, it seems I have 90% asus stuff. Laptop is asus, and half the parts I bought for my custom built computer has an asus label on it somewhere.

Works pretty great, so consider that a positive recommendation, I guess.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

MZ, are you ambulance chasing again? :P
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Well, i have a ACER ASPIRE laptop, and it can run most games fine, including games that demand much from the GPU.
Yeah, i know, its rare to have a laptop that doesnt have a crappy graphics card.
Positive recommendation.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Toshiba!

I've got a badass graphics card, good memory and processors, etc etc. Whatever someone said about "affordable gaming laptops" is true.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can't hear audio on YouTube! Goddammit! I can hear system sounds and music files, just no YouTube.

Any help?

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile

Check your volume mixer, sometimes computers like to mute the internet for some reason.
*Hugs*

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

Restarting your web browser completely might help.

And in case the extremely simple solution is the right one, make sure the youtube player's sound isn't set to mute or 0.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

My computer is mostly HP factory-made, except for an Asus graphics card and a stronger power supply I put in.

I've had the thing for at least 3 years, not a single issue other than sticking in the Asus card, and that was because I needed the better power supply.

My REAG: My computer seemed to be putting everything into background after about 2 minutes, but it seems that that's fixed itself.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

What with acer being smack in the middle of 'not hp'?
My personal rankings of recommendation on brand (take with a grain of salt, obviously):
1) HP (duh.)
2) ASUS
3) Toshiba
4) Samsung
5) Sony (if they were less expensive, they'd probably be higher up the list.)
Never) Acer/e-machines/Gateway and Dell. Every one of those machines that I have ever dealt with was absolute garbage. (We don't sell the Vostro stuff in any of the stores I cover, so I haven't had a chance to play with it.)

MZ, are you ambulance chasing again? :P
Always!

@Telle: Anything I can do to change your mind about HP? :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Most of my rigs are home at thoroughly custom-built, often with off-label Taiwanese parts. My current main has an ATI mobo, but I'm not sure who the mfr was. Dual PNY video cards (NVIDIA chipset). Combo of a Viewsonic monitor and a Samsung monitor (Dual-monitor or Die!).

Funny thing is, even though HP pays the bills round here, we use Dell Latitude laptops. Pretty good machines, except for a recurrent problem with overzealous thermal throttling.

I'm genuinely pleased with the 32GB HP Touchpad I got back when they were doing the firesale. Especially since I finally got around to setting it up with an Android/webOS dual-boot config this past weekend. Soooooo many apps. And if we welcome our Google overlords, Android makes it a breeze to integrate everything Google.

The one area where I actively avoid HP gear is in printers. The hardware is still quite good. Not the "stupidly easy to setup and will probably outlive you" of the old LaserJet 5, but still good. But the software for them....*shudder*. In a just world, HP would be prosecuted for distributing malware.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

If not malware, its at least far to big for what little it does.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

@Telle: Anything I can do to change your mind about HP? :P

Yes go to the damn factories and smack them for doing a shitty cloning job on their computers and dick for driver support. :D

Me and my father never had good experiences with HP starting with our 1ghz pentium3 model and every goddamn printer we owned.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

It's not just the bloat, it's the intrusiveness. And the underhanded way the opt-out is designed.

1. Most models will, by default, install an entire suite of shit that you'll never use (really, do I need a piece of software that will monitor my ink cartridge levels and remind me to order new ones?)
2. If you want just a stripped-down basic install of the drivers, you have to manually opt-out about 3 times during the install. In some cases, the opt-out is hidden under a couple of layers of inconspicuous menu choices.
3. For most models, if you're doing an install and have a network connection, the installer drops to a crawl as the software inspects your entire goddamn registry and communicates with the HP mothership.
4. Installs MUST be done with full administrator rights. In a managed environment, this is a pain in the ass. Not being able to do a "Run As" is just lame.
5. With some models, you can't even choose to do a stripped-down install. The printer literally won't work unless you install the whole damn bells and whistles.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

I've had fairly bad experiences with HP as well; every HP printer I've owned broke down regularly and stopped working inside of a year, and the one HP laptop I've owned fried its motherboard inside of 14 months, for no apparent reason (according to the shop that salvaged the hard drive).

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

Pfft sorry Zero looks like i found the other haters too :P
Pages: 1 ... 756 757 [758] 759 760 ... 3345