Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 749 750 [751] 752 753 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3699794 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

You can't point out the collapsing cyberbuildings we don't have, and theres no virtual countries to declare somewhat unnecessary war on.

China and public utilities intrusions. They are an actual thing. As big a thing as the government would like to make it out to be? No. But the fact YOU don't see it doesn't mean it's not happening, either.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

neither of those are huge (cyber)buildings in an important (virtual) city though, so the terrorism analogy is still kinda not fitting.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

1. Being older isn't gonna help you there, unless you get a LOT older.
2. Psh. A lot can change in almost a decade. Don't get too depressed over your imminent lack of chickens until they hatch, even if you don't have many eggs at the moment...
3. Nah, soon as that starts becoming a regular thing I'm pretty sure requesting euthenasia will get enough popular support to be legal in most places.
4. See 1.
5. Not a real thing, don't worry about it. And if it becomes a real thing, well, everyone enjoys living in interesting times, right?
I ment it in a different way.
As in 'being young sucks because i'll probably be old in sucky times'

EDIT:
Also, the stupidity of people keeps annoying me.
The millions of 'GenericMinecraftLetsPLayer has sent you a video!'
'YO CHECK OUT MAH LP BRAH I DONT SPEAK DUTCH BUT I FOUND YOUR DUTCH VIDEO (insert literal video name here) AWESHUM EVEN TOUGH I DIDNT LIKE NOR COMMENT SO YEH WATCH THIS VIDEO AND YOUR LIFE WILL BE LIEK 1000 TIMES MOAR AWESHUM!'
annoy me too :(
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 11:31:38 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

Gah, I hate being given fake url links in forums
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Blizzard.

Too annoyed to even put it into words right now.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Related to Diablo 3, SC2, or WoW?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Is it this?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

Yea, guy from work got d3 on his lunch break, won't be surprised if its installed on his work computer by now.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is it this?

No. It's the fact I took a half day off from work and I might as well have fucking stayed.

With the game having been up for almost 20 goddamn hours worldwide so far, people in the US have been playing for almost 10, NOW they decide the servers need to come down for almost 4 goddamn hours. People that were playing earlier seem to be able to reconnect just fine, but anyone that hasn't already started a game once is completely locked out.

It's a vindication of why always-on is a stupid, pointless waste of everyone's goddamn time except Blizzard's. I think I'm just as pissed at myself because I knew this was going to happen, just like it does with every major MMO. Except Diablo was never an MMO and now the same goddamn problems have been laid at our feet.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

oooooh, you bastard.

It's just teal text.

Now if it was yellow or orange, on the other hand...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

oooooh, you bastard.

It's just teal text.

Now if it was yellow or orange, on the other hand...
Gah, i knew it wanst a link, but i tried hovering over it anyway D:

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

I don't mean this in any aggresive way, but: why did you buy the game? It was common knowledge that they were implementing this DRM bullshit, and the way I hear it, it has been dumbed down a lot, and is rife with annoying microtransactions. For me at least there are enough reasons to avoid it like the plague
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because about 8 people I know were getting it, and despite its short comings there are many good things about it. I've been waiting for this game since I started college, a lifetime ago.

But goddamnit, this is exactly what we said we were afraid of 6 years ago when they told us it would be mainlined to their servers. My hope was that if they were going to jam a connection up our collective asses that it would at least work. And considering that people were pre-loaded days, weeks and months ago, and the game has been officially live for 24+ hours now....I expected more than this. Certainly not 3 hours of downtime for a singleplayer game.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Play path of exile instead.
Pages: 1 ... 749 750 [751] 752 753 ... 3345