Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 638 639 [640] 641 642 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3695210 times)

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: $1.50 is fine Edition
« Reply #9585 on: March 09, 2012, 03:56:21 am »

Hey, Jar Jar's a genius!
Certainly compared to Bioware's writing team

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9586 on: March 09, 2012, 03:59:47 am »

You know what makes me rage? Every single time? That Glee show. Everything about it is rage inspiring, everything.
It's not that bad. Kinda, well, musical-ly, which makes sense, but I got bored by episode 6 to be honest.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9587 on: March 09, 2012, 04:02:36 am »

Wait.. did they bring back whoever you got killed
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
in ME1 back to life?

In that case, I can understand your frustrations..

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #9588 on: March 09, 2012, 04:56:08 am »

in ME1 back to life?

No. It has nothing to do with the deaths of any party members. The ending is..basically disconnected from anything that would make sense within the context of the game.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9589 on: March 09, 2012, 04:58:02 am »

in ME1 back to life?

No. It has nothing to do with the deaths of any party members. The ending is..basically disconnected from anything that would make sense within the context of the game.

Kinda like.. the ending of 2001 A Space Odyssey?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9590 on: March 09, 2012, 06:42:34 am »

You know what makes me rage? Every single time? That Glee show. Everything about it is rage inspiring, everything.
It's not that bad. Kinda, well, musical-ly, which makes sense, but I got bored by episode 6 to be honest.

I hate that show. But my family insists on watching it.

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #9591 on: March 09, 2012, 07:08:03 am »

My school won't accept my complaint about teachers not coming to class, absent teachers, and slow teaching. The principal said I need to be one of the Top 5 in my class in order for them to register my complaint.

MY GOD.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #9592 on: March 09, 2012, 07:11:50 am »

Tried SS13 but the lag was terrible on every server and my timezone isn't good anyway.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9593 on: March 09, 2012, 08:25:17 am »

in ME1 back to life?

Kinda like.. the ending of 2001 A Space Odyssey?

The ending for the novel makes a lot more sense than the ending for the movie. And it's a lot cooler. Skimming along the surface of a red giant while in a little pod under the control of vast alien intellects FTW.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9594 on: March 09, 2012, 09:31:28 am »

My school won't accept my complaint about teachers not coming to class, absent teachers, and slow teaching. The principal said I need to be one of the Top 5 in my class in order for them to register my complaint.

What the fuck. Something tells me that they're just trying to go LALALALALA CAN'T HEAR YOU about their problems.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9595 on: March 09, 2012, 09:35:22 am »

MY GOD.

Report to the school board and explicitly tell them your principal doesn't care about the performance of their staff, ignored your complaints and discriminated against you on the basis of your intelligence. Do not underestimate the value of going above someone's head as a way of shaming them.

Alternatively, call your local newspaper and see if they'll write a story. Don't take that shit lying down.

And Tilla, feed me some spoiler'd RAEG. I barely made it halfway through ME1, but I want to know how the train went off the rails.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 09:37:34 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9596 on: March 09, 2012, 09:35:56 am »

I watch Glee with the wife. It's not awesome, but it's pretty good. The Glee Project, for the newer cast members to get on the show, was actually better, hah.

Don't really understand the need to hate on it at least - yeah, the dramas often over the top, the music selection could be improved, and the situations they get up often aren't exactly realistic in implementation, but its got its good points, and none of those seem hateworthy to me.

Is it just because it's popular and you can't escape it?

justinlee
Nenjin is correct. As a side bonus, taking initiative to improve things looks GREAT on college applications, especially if you can put a positive spin on it by impersonally casting the issue as one of obstacles you overcame to improve education for yourself and your classmates in your local school system. People eat that shit up.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 09:37:29 am by GlyphGryph »

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #9597 on: March 09, 2012, 11:10:35 am »

But apparently my principal said to my parents that they had already agreed to an agreement and signed it, acknowledging that they only hear from students in the top 5 in their classes. My parents do not remember signing any such agreement, so hopefully after the school holidays we can see if the school can produce the aforementioned papers.

If there is none then we're going to have to take some action.

If we did sign then well I'm shit out of luck.

What's even sillier is that my principal is my Chemistry teacher, and he forgot to come for Chemistry class for 2 days, wasting 3 periods in total.
I went around school to look for him, but he was nowhere to be found, and the receptionist said she'll leave a note, but my principal came in the next day and grumbled about how we didn't remind him.

Why do we even need to remind a teacher that he's TEACHING US. Also this school is very very very very bloody expensive.

But the coordinator of my level was quite sympathetic towards my parents, and actually listened when my mom talked to her, but she can only do so much.

Now I understand why my friend says that my school is a terrible school, should have heeded him earlier, but my school alternatives are very far, whereas this school is in the neighbourhood beside mine.

Also it is important to note that we have not done our assessments yet, as such there is no student as the "top 5", neither are there students in the "bottom 5".
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 11:22:39 am by justinlee999 »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #9598 on: March 09, 2012, 11:49:48 am »

Even if there are such papers, you can still make it a publicity disaster. The school board is elected, so if you can make a big enough stink they might actually pay attention. Particularly if you have to sign those papers in order to attend school, making them effectively mandatory.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9599 on: March 09, 2012, 11:52:05 am »

But apparently my principal said to my parents that they had already agreed to an agreement and signed it, acknowledging that they only hear from students in the top 5 in their classes. My parents do not remember signing any such agreement, so hopefully after the school holidays we can see if the school can produce the aforementioned papers.

If there is none then we're going to have to take some action.

If we did sign then well I'm shit out of luck.

What's even sillier is that my principal is my Chemistry teacher, and he forgot to come for Chemistry class for 2 days, wasting 3 periods in total.
I went around school to look for him, but he was nowhere to be found, and the receptionist said she'll leave a note, but my principal came in the next day and grumbled about how we didn't remind him.

Why do we even need to remind a teacher that he's TEACHING US. Also this school is very very very very bloody expensive.

But the coordinator of my level was quite sympathetic towards my parents, and actually listened when my mom talked to her, but she can only do so much.

Now I understand why my friend says that my school is a terrible school, should have heeded him earlier, but my school alternatives are very far, whereas this school is in the neighbourhood beside mine.

Also it is important to note that we have not done our assessments yet, as such there is no student as the "top 5", neither are there students in the "bottom 5".
Wait....expensive? is this a private school?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 638 639 [640] 641 642 ... 3345