Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 514 515 [516] 517 518 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3695645 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Diamond Harddrives Edition
« Reply #7725 on: November 21, 2011, 10:13:15 pm »

That said, the modding community already got a tool out that fixes the LAA thing without modifying the exe file, so it works with steam. Everything is now back to normal.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Diamond Harddrives Edition
« Reply #7726 on: November 21, 2011, 10:16:45 pm »

It's solid then? Being that it was worked up less than 4 hours after the patch, I was waiting to hear how it turned out. And where are you seeing it? The Google is all filled with today's patch news.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 10:19:16 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7727 on: November 21, 2011, 10:21:07 pm »

Huzzah for quick fixer-modders.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7728 on: November 21, 2011, 10:24:54 pm »

I'm reading mixed reports of it working and different reports of how you actually install it. Hrm. I'm thinking by tomorrow it will be bundled smRt.

Quote from: Random Steam Forum Poster
It's basically not working right now unless you feel like modifying either your registry (easier) or its source code. :V
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Diamond Harddrives Editio
« Reply #7729 on: November 22, 2011, 12:49:52 pm »

Huzzah for quick fixer-modders.
If there's anyone who can get something done fast, and correctly, it's bored, hobbyist programmers irritated at the original developers of what they're modding ::).

What happened to going to live with your father, Akura? Did it run out in the sand?
Last I spoke with him, he was living in an "economy" apartment, his girlfriend was in jail, and I doubt he had barely enough money to get by day by day. And that was a few months ago, and I haven't heard anything since.

And my boss has just proved once again what an asshole he is. Yesterday, he threatened to fire the entire staff because we weren't looking like we were as happy as a Disney Land trash-picker he met while on vacation last week. You know, while you were off in the most magical place on Earth for a week, we were working our asses off dealing with a flood of holiday donations, so excuse me for not acting like some brainwashed Disney peon who actually does get paid enough for this shit. Not that you do anything around here except try to score more publicity and donation money, most of which I'm sure you siphon to yourself, given that you just spent a week in Orlando, and this was not your only week-long vaction this year.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #7730 on: November 22, 2011, 01:34:07 pm »

I suddenly had the realization that if everyone who we ever talked about in this thread found the thread on the internet, we would be fucking screwed.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7731 on: November 22, 2011, 03:25:03 pm »

I suddenly had the realization that if everyone who we ever talked about in this thread found the thread on the internet, we would be fucking screwed.
Yea right, and what the Anti-B12ers will march to the steps of Toady's house with knives and pitchforks demanding the end of the B12 Forum cause they suck at life leaving us post about them?

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #7732 on: November 23, 2011, 02:14:32 am »

So the girl I've been crushing on for months, but have not said anything to out of a desire not to ruin the friendship we have now, is going out with a mutual friend.

I'm not going to condemn them out of spite or spout some enraged monologue about how she should have picked me, or how he should have stayed the fuck away, because neither of them had any clue, and I've seen it happen enough not to want to be That Guy. Just... fuck.

Advice for everybody who hasn't yet learned this rather elementary lesson that I'm just coming to terms with: Take life by the throat, 'cause you don't know when things are just gonna slip away, and not taking a chance at looking stupid by expressing yourself is just that much worse than feeling stupid for not.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7733 on: November 23, 2011, 05:29:13 am »

*Playing Skyrim*

WHY DO ALL QUESTS CONTAIN ME TALKING TO CALCELMO? WHAT SORT OF VOYEUR HISTORIAN IS THIS GUY?

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7734 on: November 23, 2011, 08:00:54 am »

So the girl I've been crushing on for months, but have not said anything to out of a desire not to ruin the friendship we have now, is going out with a mutual friend.

I'm not going to condemn them out of spite or spout some enraged monologue about how she should have picked me, or how he should have stayed the fuck away, because neither of them had any clue, and I've seen it happen enough not to want to be That Guy. Just... fuck.

Advice for everybody who hasn't yet learned this rather elementary lesson that I'm just coming to terms with: Take life by the throat, 'cause you don't know when things are just gonna slip away, and not taking a chance at looking stupid by expressing yourself is just that much worse than feeling stupid for not.
Don't feel bad for that, you valued your friendship over sex and avoided reducing her to your accessory. There are very few people I know that could do that. You just need to get over your crush now.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7735 on: November 23, 2011, 03:26:58 pm »

PAYPAL Y U NO TAKE MY DEBIT CARD YYYYYY!?!?!?!??!
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7736 on: November 23, 2011, 03:58:46 pm »

Apparently neither the law allowing gay marriage nor the one allowing adoption into registered gay couples is going to pass here In Finland.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 04:00:25 pm by Ottofar »

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #7737 on: November 23, 2011, 05:05:49 pm »

Don't feel bad for that, you valued your friendship over sex and avoided reducing her to your accessory. There are very few people I know that could do that. You just need to get over your crush now.

Virex, mate, you really need to stop assuming that all men want out of relationships is sex or a trophy.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #7738 on: November 23, 2011, 05:23:36 pm »

Oy. Just read that John Conyers' letter in favor of SOPA was titled "Promote Jobs and Economic Growth: Protect Consumers and Our Troops - Support H.R. 3261".

WTF do the troops have to do with anything? He might as well have titled it "Save Baby Seals, Orphan Children, Mom and Apple Pie, and God Bless America -- Support H.R. 3261"

They're yelling everything thats supposed to be patriotic to try and drag their crap out of the doom it will have eventually.

Exactly. Things like "economic growth", "Protect Consumers", "Support our troops", "mom and apple pie", "God bless America", "Freedom", "Liberty", "Patriotism" and "America" are just meaningless magic words tossed out to manipulate a superstitious populace into obedience. In less sophisticated ages charlatans would throw around words like "hocus-pocus" and "abracadabra" to convince people that they had magical powers, and so it is that their successors in te modern day use terms like "liberty" and "freedom" to create the illusion that they have the public good in mind.

EDIT: On a related note, this is probably an over-optimistic dream, but I hope that I live to see that day when the phrases "Freedom" and "Support our Troops" (etc.) start to be used in the same context that the phrase "hocus-pocus" is used in modern times, ie. to describe things that are patently false and unrealistic.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 05:29:00 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7739 on: November 23, 2011, 06:21:49 pm »

Virex, mate, you really need to stop assuming that all men want out of relationships is sex or a trophy.
Love makes you blind to your own intentions ;)
Anyway, I'm just providing you with another angle to look at it. Take it or leave it.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 06:30:50 pm by Virex »
Pages: 1 ... 514 515 [516] 517 518 ... 3345