Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 513 514 [515] 516 517 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3695158 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Diamond Harddrives Edition
« Reply #7710 on: November 21, 2011, 05:45:31 pm »

I'll also remind everyone now that the minute this gets personal, the RAGE thread is taking a break. Just so we're all clear.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Diamond Harddrives Edition
« Reply #7711 on: November 21, 2011, 05:47:53 pm »

Ooooooh. That was what you meant.

I think we do have a category for that, by the way. Do you mean it in the slang (necrophiliac) or desecrating dead bodies?

no

I don't like the pony show.  I watched it once, there was nothing there of value for me, an adult man.  Sure, if I were a twelve year old girl it'd be a great show, but I'm not.

I hate hate hate when people get so obsessed with something they start shoving it into everything.  You can't find a game forum today without a "Let's put ponies in this game" thread.  Everywhere I look, ponies. 
Shoes...

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7712 on: November 21, 2011, 05:51:04 pm »

That's ok, Cthulhu. Not everything appeals to everyone.

I'll also remind everyone now that the minute this gets personal, the RAGE thread is taking a break. Just so we're all clear.
Indeed! I at least am hitting the report button the moment anyone starts tossing insults or getting hypersensitive. Let's not have that.

Anywho, the category would probably be just generic Grimdark. Hefty violence and all that.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7713 on: November 21, 2011, 05:51:24 pm »

Well, of course!

We're currently working on genetic modification. We reckon it is not an infeasible goal to turn everyone into talking ponies :P

Seriously, though, I was replying to MoM.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7714 on: November 21, 2011, 05:53:55 pm »

Ooooooh. That was what you meant.
You don't need to explain the joke.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7715 on: November 21, 2011, 06:12:19 pm »

I hadn't known that was the joke.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7716 on: November 21, 2011, 07:30:08 pm »

Moving on-

Fuck you Bethesda. Whether you really earned everyone's hate with the patch may be debatable, but the impact of your decisions wasn't.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Diamond Harddrives Editio
« Reply #7717 on: November 21, 2011, 07:42:42 pm »

...what?
Love, scriver~

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7718 on: November 21, 2011, 07:43:13 pm »

They screw up a patch with skyrim or something?
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7719 on: November 21, 2011, 08:02:36 pm »

Did they do too much of a patch?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7720 on: November 21, 2011, 08:16:46 pm »

All I know is that somewhere Bethesda is living up to their reputation.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #7721 on: November 21, 2011, 08:20:40 pm »

Basically they neutered the 'use all of my goddamn RAM already' fix.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7722 on: November 21, 2011, 08:24:35 pm »

Wait, so they made it use less RAM for no apparent reason, or something like that?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7723 on: November 21, 2011, 10:01:41 pm »

The Large Address Aware in the header file of the .exe. It allows an application to access more than 2gigs of memory at once.

Being that Skyrim actually has pretty forgiving requirements, those of us who had plenty of ram but maybe not screaming fast GPUs could use a tool to modify the Skyrim.exe to LAA. Made it run better and crash less for me. For those with kick ass machines, it allowed them to use high-res textures made by modders, 2000ish size textures instead of 1000ish. LAA made that possible.

Everything was hunkey dorey for a week. But even before fixing their own broken UI, they released a patch that upped the DRM specification of the game and made the LAA impossible. Steam had a problem with it and so did Bethesda apparently.

And rather than doing the sane thing, like making it a configuration option, or making it part of the configuration tool when Skyrim detects your settings.....they did the predictable. They patched the .exe and Steam locked it down so if you change the .exe to be LAA....Steam won't launch the game.

Reasons are myriad but it's my guess that Skyrim being so popular, combined with a ton of people using an .exe hack (for completely legitimate reasons) made Steam shit a brick. Because hey, how do they know if those modified .exes are just using LAA or are in fact modified to avoid Steam DRM? Last I checked on my favorite torrent site, there were 15,000 seeds of Skyrim.

So yeah. Pardon my lack exposition. It's just after discussing it in 12 places on the internet, I didn't come here to discuss much. I came here to say fuck and vent :P
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 10:07:10 pm by nenjin »

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7724 on: November 21, 2011, 10:11:32 pm »

Ah ok.

If it's capable of something like that I don't see why it's not an option in the first place. Free optimization woo.
Pages: 1 ... 513 514 [515] 516 517 ... 3345