Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3694744 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Angry at Numbers! Edition
« Reply #6825 on: September 26, 2011, 04:41:15 pm »

is a smooth curve rather than a series of step changes. And it's not a simple geometric progression

I wish I remembered how to do it... unfortunately I don't.

What you do it you calculate the change in percent and then apply that to salt content (Since the percent will never be 1/1). Unfortunately I don't remember what exactly are the numbers for that.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Angry at Numbers! Edition
« Reply #6826 on: September 26, 2011, 05:18:31 pm »

You people with all your fancy math.

A couple weeks ago I got stuck on a random 6 times the square root of 3 part of a "find the midpoint of this line" math question.  After I spent an hour on my homework and filled up half a sheet of paper with failed attempts to work around it because I couldn't remember how to simplify that (and looking online it didn't seem like the square of 3 could be simplified anyway) I eventually wrote "If I ever had a square root in this situation I would just take a ruler and get some normal numbers to work with." in the answer area.

I got a 1/2 on the problem.

P.S. I still don't know how to simplify that.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 05:20:51 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6827 on: September 26, 2011, 05:20:13 pm »

Don't you use yer fancy mathematics to muddy the issue!
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6828 on: September 26, 2011, 05:46:52 pm »

Had to make three calls to Time Warner Cable about my new phone.  First, I found out that the work order hadn't been completed, so a five minute call to the phone center got them off their asses.  Then I notice my Internet doesn't work, so the next call tells me I have to daisychain my new phone modem to my old router.  That takes ten minutes to hook up and doesn't work.  Third call, they tell me two routers can't be activated at the same time, so I have to drive over to the service center and get a new one.

The TWC Customer Service clearly told me I only have to bring back the new router.  I get over there, spend 45 minutes waiting in line with an army of screaming children, to be told that they need the six year old router from another provider too.  Total time including travel across town: two hours.

Fuck Time Warner and everyone in that building.  And whatever cruel person invented coaxial cable.  Why does that crap still exist?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6829 on: September 26, 2011, 05:57:55 pm »

Stainless Steel mod why are you such a bitch?

English class, why you so much reading?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6830 on: September 26, 2011, 06:02:23 pm »

Fuck Time Warner and everyone in that building.  And whatever cruel person invented coaxial cable.  Why does that crap still exist?
Because we need more hard to remove cables that are hard to even loosen if they're near any kind of heat, I guess.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6831 on: September 26, 2011, 06:09:51 pm »

English class, why you so much reading?

Now that you mention it, you can't believe the stuff we learn at Foreign Languages lessons. I sleep while the teacher talks and I have the highest grades. You guys already know how crappy my English is. Imagine the other students talking English. It's funny to see people trying to learn a language that you are familiar with.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6832 on: September 26, 2011, 06:28:04 pm »

Minor rage,

Friend keeps insisting that I reinstall League of Legends to play some new game mode with him, saying the game is awesome.  I have installed and uninstalled LoL 3 times now from his insistence that I play it with him only for me to uninstall and vow never to touch it again in a fit of anger. 

The game's concept is good.  But the community, good god the community. 
[rant]
World of Warcraft trade chat isn't that bad, it is like applying sandpaper directly to my eyes.  I can't stand the community, and I'm forced to play the damn game and work as a team with these people.  I would not mind if it was just one v one with my friend, or maybe small teams with a slightly more distant circle of friends, but no.  My friend always insists we play with random pugs.  And it always involves juvenile name calling and douchebaggery.  I can live with it for a little while, but the constant stream every single game is enraging.  I don't see what would be so different just that they finally introduced a new gamemode that from the description is just a lame version of domination maps in FPS games.[/rant]
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6833 on: September 26, 2011, 06:42:52 pm »

More great news with Time Warner Cable.  My phone line was officially activated at about 1PM.  Circa 6:30PM, I'm already getting telemarketer calls.  The TWC customer service got a good laugh out of that, and told me it's an extra $2 a month to get Private Listing (I assume the same amount of money TWC makes selling the numbers to ad-lists).  And I don't even know what kind of effect that's going to have on my new job, which involves using this phone to telemarket.

Fuck.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6834 on: September 26, 2011, 06:45:34 pm »

A telemarketer annoyed by other telemarketers...

Oh, the irony.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6835 on: September 26, 2011, 07:47:46 pm »

Fuck triangles.  Seriously.  Never liked the suckers.
Exactly. It's just a damn triangle. Why the hell do I have to learn them if I'm going to be a... let's say a lawyer. This education system thing is pretty fucked. Seriously, does a lawyer need to know about trigonometry? In my country, they do. I wish I lived in somewhere else with a better education system.
Because even lawyers sometimes need to know how to build their own bookshelves, or how tall a building is, or how far away something is.
Not sure I get that. What does trigonometry has to do with building a bookshelf and calculating how far away something is?

Trigonometry lets you find a right angle without an actual physical right angle to compare something to, and it also lets you find the lengths of sides or angles of corners, provided you know a few already; in the instance of the height of the building, there's a right-angled triangle made between you, the base of the building and the top of the building.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6836 on: September 26, 2011, 07:52:46 pm »

More great news with Time Warner Cable.  My phone line was officially activated at about 1PM.  Circa 6:30PM, I'm already getting telemarketer calls.  The TWC customer service got a good laugh out of that, and told me it's an extra $2 a month to get Private Listing (I assume the same amount of money TWC makes selling the numbers to ad-lists).  And I don't even know what kind of effect that's going to have on my new job, which involves using this phone to telemarket.

Fuck.
Isn't that what you call "the customer coming to you"?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #6837 on: September 26, 2011, 08:39:37 pm »

Bookshelves I guess are more structural mechanics and thus physics, but you can use math to get square corners and proper proportions and whatnot.

Because we need more hard to remove cables that are hard to even loosen if they're near any kind of heat, I guess.
Because Coax is great in areas like the one I live in where aboveground powerlines would have to be strung over forests and fiber optics don't work very well when a farmer hits them with his tractor.

Coax, on the other hand, is invincible. My electronics class acquired a bunch of lengths of 1.4" diameter triple-shielded cable, and we were tasked with ruining it. We tried arc-welding through it, but all we did was start a minor fire and blow a few fuses in the welding box. We ran over it with a truck, we repeatedly mauled it with saws and hammers, and we applied a jackhammer. It morphed a bit, but not once did it become immediately unusable. (Though the jackhammer exposed some copper, and the wire would need to be replaced eventually.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6838 on: September 26, 2011, 08:56:00 pm »

Barbarossa does have a point there, the stuff is probably the most invincible kind of cabling I've seen.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #6839 on: September 26, 2011, 08:59:33 pm »

1. Wrap fiber optic cable in coaxial cable.
2. Go bankrupt from the expense.
3. ???
4. Profit
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 09:10:40 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 3345