Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 402 403 [404] 405 406 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3694168 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

Don't they have some other method of revenue other than bleeding citizens? Ouch.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A Swedish "county" decided they needed to make some more property into houses to lure new inhabitants, but this costs money. Obviously. Their fucking solution? Charge the few families already owning property in the area for it. 750 000 Swedish Crowns. Each. That is 120 000 US dollars, people! For something the propertyeers have nothing to do with! And how do they justify this? Well, "the owners will get street lights and sidewalks". AS IF THEY FUCKING GIVE A DAMN ABOUT LIGHTS AND SIDEWALKS WHEN THEY HAVE TO TAKE LOANS TO PAY FOR BULLSHIT THEY NEVER ASKED FOR.

And what's worse? I heard that that sum was just for one of the owners, and that other people have been giving preliminary sums of up to 2 million Crowns - 315 000 USD. WHAT THE HELL POLITICIANS.

There is no fucking words to describe what this is. It is beyond preposterousity. This isn't fucking reality.

What län is it? This sounds so insane that I'd like to tip off the papers. Hopefully noone will get inspired by such a plan, but I don't think any local politician around here is that suicidal.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile

I can hardly believe the Swedish county one either... so, [citation needed]
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

It's Strängnäs Kommun. Having read up a little on it, it turns out the 2 million was what the whole group (7 households) had to pay together. The municipality councilman in charge has also said that the sum (750 000) is "unreasonable" and that they'll "look over it again". As if the idea wasn't fucking outworldish to begin with.

Also, it turns out this isn't unprecedented, it probably hasn't been high enough sums for the media to give it any attention. Unbelievable.

And yeah, it was "municipality", not "county". Got my term translations mixed up.

Here is a link for reference.
Love, scriver~

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow, that's still pretty crazy. Especially that the municipality feels it is entirely justified.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Posting from the library. This has been a very sucky week for me. First, I hurt my neck. Then... well first an explaination before the "then", in my home we have basic cable service for one TV(it has a box), and less-than-basic for two or three other TVs(mine included). On Tuesday, the cable company decides to suddenly drop, without warning, the less-than-basic service, requiring every TV to have a box, and probably jacking the rate up along with it. Right around the exact same time that day, my neighbor enables sercurity on his router, killing my internet connection(possibly, due to the timing, it could be the same cable company forcing that).

A hurt neck, no TV, no internet service. While my neck is mostly feeling better, I still have no TV or internet at home. Given that I actually need the internet connection to get stuff done, this has put me in a very bad spot. The only good thing to come out of it is that my parents are considering getting a phone/TV/internet package that costs less than the simple castrated cable service we've got now. They'd be absolute morons not to get it. Then again, they are absolute morons... ::)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

So while I was dicking around on Bay 12, one of my cats was pissing all over my clean laundry. I have no idea who it is - one of them probably can't reach the clothes in question, one was last seen asleep on my bed, and I highly doubt the third could hold that much pee, even though she's almost always the pee-er in cases such as this. And there's no excuse for it, whoever did it, because I changed their litter last night.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Are you sure it was a cat?

Anyways, rage time, somehow a facebook addon was installed into firefox, the very same i keep telling to fuck of if it tries to pester me, and yet there it was, nestled neatly underneath my bookmarks the fucking piece of code.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So while I was dicking around on Bay 12, one of my cats was pissing all over my clean laundry. I have no idea who it is - one of them probably can't reach the clothes in question, one was last seen asleep on my bed, and I highly doubt the third could hold that much pee, even though she's almost always the pee-er in cases such as this. And there's no excuse for it, whoever did it, because I changed their litter last night.

The excuse for it is this: Cats urinate on things when you have been gone for a long time, or when something doesn't smell like the rest of the house. They are still treating the house as a territory, and they treat you as family; if something is washed, it loses your smell, and thus they feel a need to mark it to "naturalize" it with the rest of the house, to warn other critters that it's part of occupied territory.

Sadly, cats have walnut-sized brains, and don't understand that houses have locks, thus other critters really aren't going to impose on the territory, so it's a pretty useless effort on their part.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

They do, however, realize that you have abandoned them for a week or two in the apartment and then start immediately defecating in the kitchen out of protest.

Those wacky felines.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The defecation thing is the same as above. It's not a protest; they're nobly holding down the fort while you're away, even if they have to take a crap in every corner of every room to do it.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Nope, that was pretty much her being pissed off that my dad left her alone for so long.

She also instantly knows when she's getting deported to the vet or the airport, that big ball of fat.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The excuse for it is this: Cats urinate on things when you have been gone for a long time, or when something doesn't smell like the rest of the house. They are still treating the house as a territory, and they treat you as family; if something is washed, it loses your smell, and thus they feel a need to mark it to "naturalize" it with the rest of the house, to warn other critters that it's part of occupied territory.

Sadly, cats have walnut-sized brains, and don't understand that houses have locks, thus other critters really aren't going to impose on the territory, so it's a pretty useless effort on their part.

I haven't really had this problem before. Isn't that more an issue with male cats, especially ones that haven't been neutered?
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nope, that was pretty much her being pissed off that my dad left her alone for so long.

That's precisely what I'm saying. She's doing it because she was left alone, and she feels a need to mark the territory with scent, since he hadn't been around to leave it where he goes. I won't argue anymore, but wanted to make sure you knew she was doing her duty, pun intended, to be a good family member, and hold the fort while he was gone.

Granted, to us, it's pretty friggin' frustrating. Such is the burden of the human mind.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Currently attempting to purchase textbooks.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 402 403 [404] 405 406 ... 3345