Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3689883 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

Really? i can read it without cringing.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I obviously can't speak for you, but I and most people I know find that kind of thing sort of painful and pointless, among other things. If periods "make you sad", that's... well, I don't know what to say about that.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile

I assumed it was common knowledge ein was an anime character.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

People are weird, G-Flex. Tildes aren't the worst thing ein could use anyway, I once saw a guy on a forum end all his sentences with ]| for no apparent reason.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

I agree with G-Flex. Seriously, the tildes are just as frustrating to try and read as not punctuating at all.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile

I'll use wave dashes then, if it's that bothersome~

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually, that's a fullwidth tilde. This is a wave dash: 〜

It's used in Japanese for numerical ranges, and a few other things. The "in Japanese" is pretty important here.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

I obviously can't speak for you, but I and most people I know find that kind of thing sort of painful and pointless, among other things. If periods "make you sad", that's... well, I don't know what to say about that.
Guess staring at DOS, c++, and linux consoles really desensitized me to text language, if anything she isn't purposely burning the english language in a ditch or screwing it up to something like ThIs YoU kNoW.

applesauce machine

• Bay Watcher
  • 2011 Memory Ln.
    • View Profile

Guess staring at DOS, c++, and linux consoles really desensitized me to text language, if anything she isn't purposely burning the english language in a ditch or screwing it up to something like ThIs YoU kNoW.
Homestuck is what desensitized me to it. Also the fact that I screw words up or mix them together in general when naming files or writing notes and such. If one were to guess what my grasp of the English language is based on my files and bookmarks, they would think I have a split personality. The main one has trouble finding the shift key and sometimes is able to locate the caps lock at times. The other one inserts well-written sentences and the like every now and then to help the first one out.
I sometimes even leave misspellings in names (of bookmarks or files) just so it'll stand out, which it doesn't because I do that with other files too.
I'm cool with technically improper use of English orthography, especially if it's easy to tell what's supposed to be what (or what is what). For example, I know how to use quotation marks properly, but use them incorrectly the same way in every post. There are some exceptions, but for the most part, it's a systematic constant. I also don't use apostrophes like 'this' in most cases, even when I know it would work better than "these" would.

And yeah, deciphering "words" that are mangled beyond most recognition makes me angry. Like when it's so bad that it had to have taken more effort to mess it up like that. Which means that they put in extra effort to make it so that it takes extra effort to read. That's what makes it more aggravating.
THE GOVERNMENT IS PUTTING BIBLES IN THE WATER SUPPLY.
Sigtext x 20 and avatar gallery

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Goddamn it, my neck is hurting for some reason. Can't move it more than an inch in any direction.
What pisses me off is that this is not the first time it's happened. And each time that I've gone to a doctor for it, the idiot said it was a viral infection and prescribed strong antibiotics for it. I'd headdesk if it wasn't for, you know, my neck being painfully immobile.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, tildes aren't periods.
Quoted for emphasis.
And ignore doesn't block quotes D:

[...]or you're engaging in some kind of trolling/parody[...]
Close enough.
It's the "How many people can I get banned/muted/raging, before Toady tells me to stop"-game.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 06:19:23 am by Mindmaker »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Apparently, due to the rain(it's been raining all day yesterday, and all morning), we can't flush the toilet. I am informed of this immediately after my stepdad takes huge dump in there.

Also, about my neck, the last few times this happened, I was in pain for nearly a week.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, tildes aren't periods.
Quoted for emphasis.
And ignore doesn't block quotes D:

[...]or you're engaging in some kind of trolling/parody[...]
Close enough.
It's the "How many people can I get banned/muted/raging, before Toady tells me to stop"-game.

Would be trivial to make a userscript that converts all ~ to .
At least for anyone using Firefox or Opera.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But that wouldn't stop Ein from acting like an idiot...

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Could give ein a script that converts all . to ~   :P
Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 3345