Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 385 386 [387] 388 389 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3690445 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Trying to get an IDE for C running, because I am so lazy, but this is proving to be more trouble than it's worth, as is the way with all things that should be incredibly easy to do. WHY DO ALL THESE INSTRUCTIONS INVOLVE OPTIONS THAT DO NOT APPEAR IN MY EXISTING SOFTWARE.

EDIT: Sooner or later, all problems can be traced back to the Ubuntu Software Center. It seems to insist on using outdated versions of programs that then create obnoxious conflicts with the newer versions that I install when I realize the version I just installed is out of date and the instructions are for a newer. At least, that is the impression I get.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 05:28:48 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

Welp' now my computer does not recognize that it has an operating system. Installing another one could cause instability, and the Linux USB thing is out of the question.

At this point I would be okay with just making sure the operating system ismgone and installing fresh without messing with my files or programs.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

If it doesn't think theres an OS, you're probably missing the bootloader, or something related to it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

Yeah, loading was the original issue. The question is though, how do I fix it? In a safe way anyway.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Welp' now my computer does not recognize that it has an operating system. Installing another one could cause instability, and the Linux USB thing is out of the question.

At this point I would be okay with just making sure the operating system ismgone and installing fresh without messing with my files or programs.

Burn a LiveCD (or DVD) of whatever Linux distro, and boot from that to check out the situation or back up things.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

Freaking parents.

The human body does not function according to a ticking clock as you may wish to think.
Nor can I conciously induce melatonin (or, at least, I think it's melatonin...) release.

Therefor, concepts such as "bedtime" are insanely stupid. Such action will simply result in me lying awake in bed, doing nothing. Whee.

Also, why in the world are you allowed to make all the commentary you want during a movie, while throwing a hissyfit over any comment I make, and threaten me (not physically, mind) when I would prefer equal silence from you?

Would you like it if I shut down our entire network and start changing passwords? I can do that. There's a ligitimate reason not to have the only computer I can use be the core of our network! Better to deal with putting the one currently hooked up in my room, and using the older but still functional one to be the network connector. Doesn't matter if it works or not once you have it hooked up right (because then how would the system work when the core computer is off?)

Sorry if there are any errors here, typing from an iPod is not easy and I'm not in the best of moods, hence my presence here.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile

Fucking pill bottles~
When my hands are shaking like Japan and I need to get you open, your bullshit 'child safety' just makes it harder gods dammit~
Emphasis on the bullshit, I could open those same bottles when I was five~

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

Fucking pill bottles~
When my hands are shaking like Japan and I need to get you open, your bullshit 'child safety' just makes it harder gods dammit~
please don't give them the reason to design some damn rube goldberg pill bottle.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I'm stranded in a motel that I was at about a year ago (with some weird shit going on then), and I'm probably going to go to school a day late, but I don't give a shit.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

Fucking pill bottles~

Best solution to this I can find is when you own the pills and don't have anyone around you don't want getting into them is to find if you can disable the childproofing. Usually there's a thing in the cap you can  pry out for that.

If not then next best is to just transfer them to another bottle or container and mark it.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, just put them in a different bottle, but if you do that, make sure you label them and keep the original labeling. That shit's important, and unlabeled pills are the devil.

Also, tildes aren't periods.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

They are to ein.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile

I don't really have any spare containers, unfortunately~
And yes, I use tildes as full stops, because full stops feel cold and emotionless~
They make me sad, and tildes make me happy, so~~~

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

Great the shitfest of the week with my roommate.
His girlfriend is pissing him off and he starts a rant of dropping all of his friends and the usual "fuck the world" he pulls.
Told him to calm the fuck down you're overreacting, understand you got some brain damage but you can relieve the damn stress.
Then he rails on me how i don't fucking know anything, im a leech to his family, i don't know pain like him (hes been in a very shitty car accident which he barely made out of), fucking jump a climb or something like that.
Well i snapped then, I yelled at him for being a fucking idiot. Its his fault that he fucked himself up in that accident, hes been having problems for 2 years while i was isolated for 10 fucking years, told him he had friends that damn cared for him ever since his bullshit started while i begged to find help other than myself. That my biggest reason to move in was not for school or to stay for my girlfriend but fucking HELP him get out of the house and come back into the world, something that im experiencing new as i been alone for so damn long.

Well he threatens me that i will be kicked out while his mother watches us incase he jumps me and ends up popping his aneurysms in his head.
Told him hes ungrateful and doesn't see what he has and left the house for the night, here i am X_x

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't really have any spare containers, unfortunately~
And yes, I use tildes as full stops, because full stops feel cold and emotionless~
They make me sad, and tildes make me happy, so~~~

Nobody on Earth actually thinks like this. Either you're an actual honest-to-god anime character, or you're engaging in some kind of trolling/parody I'm not picking up on.

More seriously: The tildes are irritating. I don't know why you do it, but it's irritating. Intentionally mangling your text doesn't make your posts any more easily or comfortably read by anyone.
Pages: 1 ... 385 386 [387] 388 389 ... 3345