Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3701226 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Sometimes windows doesn't even trust itself. I've seen stuff where it asks, about regular windows programs, if you trust them, and, I mean, WTF?

I think windows is either:
A) schizophrenic
B) has a split personality
C) hates humans
or D) has a major personality disorder leading to it being unable to trust anything. itself, you, me, the creators (hell, I bet they don't even know how it works), the computer, the aliens using it in area 51 and the window.
especially the window.

Windows will one day kill us all...

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sometimes windows doesn't even trust itself. I've seen stuff where it asks, about regular windows programs, if you trust them, and, I mean, WTF?

A) schizophrenic
C) hates humans
or D) has a major personality disorder leading to it being unable to trust anything. itself, you, me, the creators (hell, I bet they don't even know how it works), the computer, the aliens using it in area 51 and the window.
especially the window.

I hate Windows 7. I can't wait to get back to my XP.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

A) schizophrenic
C) hates humans
especially the window.

Ditto. Windows XP was the best OS I've had. It never had as much lag as 7 and although it had 800+ viruses, it still ran OK.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

A) schizophrenic
C) hates humans
especially the window.

Ditto. Windows XP was the best OS I've had. It never had as much lag as 7 and although it had 800+ viruses, it still ran OK.

Same here, although it takes a while to load all the programs, but it's very efficient in managing memory space, great if you're running some kind of digital audio workstation like FL Studio.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 04:45:09 am by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile

My man computer has never had anything other than XP. Does that mean I win?
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

Yeah. Your prize is a banana sticker!
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

I failed to mention that my main computer has 2 OSes, one windows 7, the other XP.

You still win though, as the XP is pretty much neglected.

Also, Skyrim's custom spellmaking was cut? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo...

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile

Real men use linux! Look at your computer, now look at mine...
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

I failed to mention that my main computer has 2 OSes, one windows 7, the other XP.

DUDE. How in the name of Banana Sticker do you run 2 OSes?

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!

Plus, Steam is really good at knowing if you own the game or not. If it finds you don't, they will crack down. Since each game is locked to an account, it's not that hard to tell when one is downloaded. It doesn't need invasive (and sometimes illegal) DRM (*Cough*SecuROM*cough*)to tell, nor to shut you down.
How do you play a game on steam you don't own? You have to be more than just a little stupid to put a pirated game through Steam.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

I know nothing of the subject, sadly. My brother installed that when he bought win7 while the fad was still new.

I know for a thing that it involves making another partition in your hard drive and installing your other OS there.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile

.... there is so much for you to learn young padawan.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

I actually went for awhile thinking it was just talking in terms I didn't understand for a time before I realized that it was in french.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_GRUB there's the English link.

Interesting stuff.  Don't know why I never heard of that before.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Windows Magnifier is still making me want to take a chainsaw to my PC. And Google doesn't help, only bringing me to people saying to do the very first damn thing I tried(turning it off from Ease of Access), which doesn't work, and apparently completely ignoring people who are saying that it does not work.

I'm being serious here, would a file shredder program delete it? Or is Windows Security going to fuck me over yet again?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

have you tried the little gear icon?

the one where you click it and a little options dialog pops up and there's some blue text at the bottom that says "Control whether Magnifier starts when I log on"?
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 3345