Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3698289 times)

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire

Mass Effect is making me rage :/  Got ambushed by some ged (gef? geft? gith? geth, right?) and apparently half of them randomly invented ROCKET LAUNCHERS.  Sure I set the difficulty up a notch to give me a challenge, but what the heck?!  I'm not even allowed to equip rocket launchers.  Even worse, my sniper shots seem to do pretty much nothing against them...
There's a "high explosive" ammo mod at some point. Get it and get revenge on them. It's really fun to fuck around with it too, you can get things stuck in the ceiling with it.

Also, this is why you quicksave everywhere you can.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile

Mass Effect is making me rage :/  Got ambushed by some ged (gef? geft? gith? geth, right?) and apparently half of them randomly invented ROCKET LAUNCHERS.  Sure I set the difficulty up a notch to give me a challenge, but what the heck?!  I'm not even allowed to equip rocket launchers.  Even worse, my sniper shots seem to do pretty much nothing against them...

It was the Geth Juggernaut in the Noveria facility, wasn't it?
Nah it was in some backwater world where I had to get a probe from some space monkeys o_O  The geth did not approve.  I also turned the difficulty down a bit, used the pistol more liberally, and made it out and through plenty more encounters.  Apparently my team members can use rocket launchers too, or maybe it's a grenade launcher, I'm not sure.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you want to say something, but simply can't, since it would be considered rude.
The problem is the behaviour is socially accepted and harmless, but it really annoys me, due to my idiosyncrasy.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

From Dust will have Ubisoft's Horrible DRM of Suck.  >:(

I was looking forward to buying it day1, but I guess I won't be now. And that was the game I was looking forward to more than any other so far this year.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 02:39:30 pm by alway »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

From Dust will have Ubisoft's Horrible DRM of Suck.  >:(

I was looking forward to buying it day1, but I guess I won't be now. And that was the game I was looking forward to more than any other so far this year.
Seconded. Most looked forward to now falls to Lords of Underdark or the Zelda game, I guess.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

I want to make some kind of exoskeleton thing But I have 3 limiters: 1: NO MONEY. And I can't even try to get a job cause I'm only 15. 2: Parental Permission: I have no idea how they will react when I tell them I want to make it (And of course, I'm a minor so I have to listen to them.) 3: Safety. I have no idea how safe it would be for me to use it... Which will probably lead to #2 being a problem.

Here's what I have on it so far:
I want to make a device I can wear on my arm (Forearm and lower arm) that consists of 2 straight pieces of material (probably metal) and a tension spring at the elbow that makes the device want to contract like the elbow does, the basic thinking is that that will provide resistance to bending my elbow, meaning I can hold more weight with that arm. As well as something on the legs so that I can still remain upright. A similar thing but with compression springs instead of tension springs. And a harness to keep my back straight and put the weight on the leg components.

Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA

I want to make some kind of exoskeleton thing But I have 3 limiters: 1: NO MONEY. And I can't even try to get a job cause I'm only 15. 2: Parental Permission: I have no idea how they will react when I tell them I want to make it (And of course, I'm a minor so I have to listen to them.) 3: Safety. I have no idea how safe it would be for me to use it... Which will probably lead to #2 being a problem.

Here's what I have on it so far:
I want to make a device I can wear on my arm (Forearm and lower arm) that consists of 2 straight pieces of material (probably metal) and a tension spring at the elbow that makes the device want to contract like the elbow does, the basic thinking is that that will provide resistance to bending my elbow, meaning I can hold more weight with that arm. As well as something on the legs so that I can still remain upright. A similar thing but with compression springs instead of tension springs. And a harness to keep my back straight and put the weight on the leg components.

You're trying to make a device which uses tension to rearrange how your limbs distribute their efforts, I like the idea, though, it's not something you want to tackle without being insured medically. But I like the idea, I do hope you get the resources you need to screw around with it. I strongly suggest against using things that are taken from a dump or something, mainly because you don't want your body to be trapped or ripped up by the exoskeleton collapsing on you. Just as well, medical insurance or not, such a project could kill somebody if something goes wrong. All it takes is a little nick of the arteries on your throat to kill you, etc etc.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile

An exoskeleton sounds a bit... overkill.  Really cool, but not entirely necessary.  Tie unobtrusive weights to your arms.  Or do weight lifting + cardio.  Do you go to public school?  Take a weight lifting class, that should set you up.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

Ya, as cool as they are, exoskeletons meant for heavy lifting are best left to the professionals. The reason I say this is because if when something does go wrong, you'll be lucky if the only injuries you get are several broken bones. In order to safely create one, you would, at the very least, need the skills and knowledge about the equivalent of someone halfway through a mechanical engineering degree in addition to a small team of people to serve as spotters to constantly monitor it during use and ensure any calculation/assembly was done correctly.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 01:14:05 am by alway »

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile

But where's you guy's adventuring spirit?  :P
Seriously don't, making things is great self-tests aren't. At all. Read a comic book. I'll wait...

You done yet? How did that go? Good? Try this one...

Now you understand.

No, your links don't go anywhere.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 04:17:34 am by Scaraban »
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Reading about a certain case where a mother was accused of murdering her 2-year old daughter, and was found not guilty. And not because she was found not guilty, it's all the hate being thrown at both her and the jury that found her not guilty. Now, understand that I haven't been following this case, and I only even heard of it until after the verdict was rendered, I don't know if she actually killed her or not. But, as far as I know of the legal system, you are not considered guilty until a jury finds you guilty, and if they don't, you are not guilty. She is serving for lying to police, but that sentence is nearly up already. I remember reading a quote from one of the jurors, saying that he really wanted to convict her, but the evidence simply couldn't prove it beyond reasonable doubt.

It's gotten so bad that there are several death threats against her and the jury. It's pretty sickening, really.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile

Reading about a certain case where a mother was accused of murdering her 2-year old daughter, and was found not guilty. And not because she was found not guilty, it's all the hate being thrown at both her and the jury that found her not guilty. Now, understand that I haven't been following this case, and I only even heard of it until after the verdict was rendered, I don't know if she actually killed her or not. But, as far as I know of the legal system, you are not considered guilty until a jury finds you guilty, and if they don't, you are not guilty. She is serving for lying to police, but that sentence is nearly up already. I remember reading a quote from one of the jurors, saying that he really wanted to convict her, but the evidence simply couldn't prove it beyond reasonable doubt.

It's gotten so bad that there are several death threats against her and the jury. It's pretty sickening, really.
This is an excellent post on the specifics, if I'm not confusing the case for something else.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

Heh, couldn't get away from that trial if I wanted to.  Side effect of being 50 miles away.  I strongly felt she was guilty, probably not of murder, but child abuse and manslaughter.  But it was all circumstantial evidence, even though it all connected together and she had already been proven of being a habitual liar, it was not enough to outweigh reasonable doubt.

Do I still think she had something to do with the death of her daughter? Yes.  Will I do something about it if I saw her?  Not really.  She was found innocent, if I did something that would make me the criminal.  Do I blame the jury?  Hell no, they were doing what they were there to do, the way they were supposed to do it. I'm also pretty sure they weren't allowed to know all the information like everyone else was, it often seems really arbitrary what is admissible and what is not.  Most of the jurors didn't want to be there, they may have even anticipated the response if they found her not guilty, as they were aware of the media circus surrounding the trial during the selection. 

The lawyers acted like children the whole trial, so I figure they oughta lose their lawyer licenses, but instead the defense attorneys are  just going to become famous and be able to charge ten times what they used to to defend somebody. 

And that's pretty much my opinion on the whole matter.  I raged a little bit, but I'm more or less over it.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

So i check my facebook yesterday and one of my friends thought it was funny to post a song about how fugly my girl is, its not a fucking joke when the person about is reading it, god damnit i better not find her crying her eyes out today.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My hundredth or so failed job attempt just this year makes me rage. There is NOBODY in this town that I've found that is hiring for the summer that is willing to hire someone under 18. You know why? Every teenage job around here is filled to the brim with people who can't make it on their retirement checks. Meanwhile, there's plenty of places hiring teenagers in the town 45 minutes away! However, I can't afford the gas.
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 3345