Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3693909 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #4335 on: June 18, 2011, 11:42:32 am »

As Penny Arcade so aptly pointed out, pirating is a vicious cycle. Piraters pirate, developers install system breaking DRM, more people pirate to avoid DRM, developers go to the lawmakers, even more people pirate to spite the new stupid law system....

I don't even care who started the cycle anymore, it needs to stop.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4336 on: June 18, 2011, 12:30:53 pm »

As Penny Arcade so aptly pointed out, pirating is a vicious cycle. Piraters pirate, developers install system breaking DRM, more people pirate to avoid DRM, developers go to the lawmakers, even more people pirate to spite the new stupid law system....

Thats not a cycle, thats a expanding problem/solution wave.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4337 on: June 18, 2011, 12:35:37 pm »

That is simply because you seem to favor one side of the cycle. The pirates provoke the developers who provoke the pirates who provoke the developers who provoke the pirates...
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4338 on: June 18, 2011, 12:41:25 pm »

That is simply because you seem to favor one side of the cycle. The pirates provoke the developers who provoke the pirates who provoke the developers who provoke the pirates...
Everything after that initial pirates pirate is a reaction, and the wrong one at that. Give someone proof that the legal version is better or a reward for it and they'll usually take it, but wreck the legal version with DRM to stop the pirates who immediately strip it out anyway will just give them less reason to get the legal one, because its a worse product overall.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4339 on: June 18, 2011, 12:48:37 pm »

Like I said earlier, I stopped playing the blame game about copy protection and software piracy a long time ago. All I care about is resolution of the issue before things get any worse.
No Gods, No Masters.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4340 on: June 18, 2011, 01:45:40 pm »

The bike my parents took from the guy who lost mine. It's a literal pain in the ass to ride that thing, the gear shift is messed up, it's shorter(lengthwise) overall, which means I have to lean forward more heavily onto my hands which hurts both my hands and back. Did I mention my ass hurts, too? Because I think I need to check my underwear for signs of rectal bleeding now.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4342 on: June 18, 2011, 09:53:09 pm »

Sucker Punch could've been so much better without the (Not particularly well done) Inception-y mindgames. Steampunk Nazis, Dragons, Robots and a Girl with a Katana? Hell yeah, so OTT it could be an utterly ridiculous Anime. I'd watch that. Hell, that's what they suckered me in with. What I got? A fairly dull docudrama about Ladies of Negotiable Affection/people in a mental asylum, with scattered pieces of Awesome that stopped me leaving the Cinema and doing something interesting.

I watched this film a few months ago, and it still irritates me. Bah.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4343 on: June 19, 2011, 01:58:17 am »

My brother.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4344 on: June 19, 2011, 11:07:33 am »

My stepdad raging today, and at one point actually saying 'I help everyone in the country, and what do I get? Nothing!'

I may be paraphrasing here, but that the gist of it. I think he's finally snapped. He doesn't help everyone in the country, he's just a kraahking redneck. And a racist. I'm honestly getting tired of dealing with him.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4345 on: June 19, 2011, 12:35:15 pm »

Sucker Punch could've been so much better without the (Not particularly well done) Inception-y mindgames. Steampunk Nazis, Dragons, Robots and a Girl with a Katana? Hell yeah, so OTT it could be an utterly ridiculous Anime. I'd watch that. Hell, that's what they suckered me in with. What I got? A fairly dull docudrama about Ladies of Negotiable Affection/people in a mental asylum, with scattered pieces of Awesome that stopped me leaving the Cinema and doing something interesting.

I watched this film a few months ago, and it still irritates me. Bah.
This.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4346 on: June 19, 2011, 12:48:43 pm »

For me, it wasn't so much the fact that much of it wasn't actiony. far from it. for me, it was the the way it drew me it, made me attached to the characters, and then WHAM punched me in the gut.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4347 on: June 19, 2011, 02:47:46 pm »

Yes, damn those progressives!  Trying to move us forward into the "future" instead of back into a half-imagined past.
Shoes...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4348 on: June 19, 2011, 02:54:23 pm »

Anything including the words "Wake up America!" is immediately suspect. That tends to be the sort of thing NWO nutjobs say.
No Gods, No Masters.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4349 on: June 19, 2011, 02:55:04 pm »

He made a couple good points, but the stupid outweighs the rest, so whatever.
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 3345