Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3696675 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #2370 on: April 13, 2011, 01:51:09 pm »

"Could not connect to the Steam network."

>START IN OFFLINE MODE

"Could not connect to Steam network"

WTF Steam?

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: April 13, 2011, 01:55:26 pm »

"Could not connect to the Steam network."

>START IN OFFLINE MODE

"Could not connect to Steam network"

WTF Steam?
Yea its doing something like that too, WTF DO YOU MEAN I GOT TO LOG IN AGAIN!?!?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: April 13, 2011, 02:11:15 pm »

This video made me feel rage via osmosis.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: April 13, 2011, 02:28:18 pm »

I get up this morning, walk to the bus stop, spend about 3-4 hours trying to get to Home Depot, lose my fucking job spend another 4 hours trying to get home.'

And now my mom has the absolute balls to demand that I talk to her about it. I should have snapped her fucking neck the second I walked in the door.

EDIT: And she still thinks she has no responsibility for this at all, and even berated me for being mad at her.
If you see on the news about a brutal multiple homicide on Long Island(excluding our current serial killer problem, but that's the other county anyway), you'll know where to find me.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 02:47:19 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: April 13, 2011, 02:49:19 pm »

What the hell happened?!?
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: April 13, 2011, 02:51:54 pm »

The reason they fired me was because they had originally hired me because of my schedule flexibility, the very thing that had a certain lack of because my mom decided at the last minute she didn't want to drive me from work.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: April 13, 2011, 02:53:43 pm »

Oh god. That is utter BS. I am raging right now...
I'm really sorry man, that's just utter BS.. Compared to all of the other douches that work where you worked..
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: April 13, 2011, 03:00:46 pm »

I assume that by "talk", she/you means berate, correct? Fuck, that people can have such complete lack of self criticism. The stupidity is beyond words.
Love, scriver~

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: April 13, 2011, 03:02:13 pm »

I am somewhat annoyed at the previous owner of my school copy of Invisible Man. By which I mean WHATTHEFRIGGINGHELLWHYWOULDYOUWRITENOTESALLOVERTHEBOOK!!!!

I'LL KEEL YOU IF I FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #2379 on: April 13, 2011, 03:03:54 pm »

But notes in books are like director's commentary on DVDs! Only with even less substance and more entertainment.

I love getting a noted copy, because either it's a bunch of hilarious sophist nonsense or actually enlightening commentary. Either way I win!
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: April 13, 2011, 03:07:45 pm »

I question the previous owner's sanity. He has apparently written a note above chapter eleven's title claiming that the Brotherhood from 1984 are supposed to represent a Communist political party. I honestly have no fucking clue about that one. Most of the marks aren't even words, just parentheses of varying size (as in, standard size to the entire length of the page). There is also at least one stickman drawing. I will have vengence for this heresy.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: April 13, 2011, 03:17:38 pm »

You do not need notes in a book unless it is nonfiction. or a workbook. or a notebook. NO EXCEPTIONS.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 03:22:46 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: April 13, 2011, 03:18:30 pm »

Motherfucking vandals D:<

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #2383 on: April 13, 2011, 03:29:08 pm »

You do not need notes in a book unless it is nonfiction. or a workbook. or a notebook. NO EXCEPTIONS.
I would hate to read a lot of classical literature without notes, whether footnotes or margin notes (but preferably footnotes).

I question the previous owner's sanity. He has apparently written a note above chapter eleven's title claiming that the Brotherhood from 1984 are supposed to represent a Communist political party. I honestly have no fucking clue about that one.
Uhm...

Let's see. Wasn't Wells a commie? So maybe it went like this.

Orwell = Scifi author
Wells = Scifi author
Orwell = Wells
Wells = Communist
Thefore... Orwell was a communist?

e: Oh wait. Isn't Down and Out in London and Paris pretty pro-communism? I still don't see what that has to do with HG Wells, though...
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 03:32:41 pm by fqllve »
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: April 13, 2011, 03:31:59 pm »

footnotes are usually typed like the rest of of the book, though. I'm against them because everytime I've gotten a book with notes in it, its either illegible/doodling or microscopic print that blows every point out of proportion.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 3345