Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2604 2605 [2606] 2607 2608 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3693553 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

90 F would be a little over 32 C. I'll leave it to your judgement as to whether that is hot or not.
Depends on whether it's a humid 32 or a dry 32, of course :P
32? Hot? You north hemisphere people are silly. 32 is comfortable, 40+ is hot. Dry or not.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

30+ means instant headache regardless of humidity.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

we live in the era of air conditioning on wheels.

why is this discussion a thing. just slam yourself into your portable ac, set it to 10 celsius and be done with it

i'd do so too, were it not for the fact i cannot get a license because of antiquated laws governing select issues related to driving

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Crappy internet connection >.<

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

The laundry room suddenly smells like the sewers--poo smell and a general grossness. I have no idea why.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

-nvm-

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The laundry room suddenly smells like the sewers--poo smell and a general grossness. I have no idea why.
Sounds like an issue with drainage from the washing machine. Either that, or somebody crapped in an entire load of underwear and tried to wash it a long while later.

window-mounted air-conditioner, four fans
Do you live on Mercury or something? I mean, it gets to 85-90 degrees here and we pick one of those five devices, not all of 'em.
All I have is a single fan sitting by the window on the far side of a room that has crappy ventilation. I survive. By taking bicycle rides while wearing dark, long-sleeved shirts and sweatpants.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Washer waste-water line. Somewhere in there, or in the sewer pipe it's attached to, an obstruction has formed (usually a slime-soaked mass of hair and rotting lint) and is preventing proper drainage. If scummy grey water starts coming up through any basement floor drains, light incense and make the appropriate sacrifices for the dark gods' favor. Then call a plumber.

Rage: freak storm winds a couple days ago (80mph gusts) knocked over most of the garden. Finally gotten the last of the plants propped back up, but we're still gonna lose most of the corn. And some other stuff. Increasingly tempted to soak the corn rows in gasoline and light 'em on fire o_o
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile

Apparently, the creator of the cartoon Clarence sexually assaulted someone.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Sometimes I question why I bother talking to friends who treat me like I'm stupid because they're pretentious fucking dickwads who think their opinion is superior to everyone else's.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Heh.

Highschool, I assume?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heh.

Highschool, I assume?

God I wish. No, this is good old fashioned adult assholeishness.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Well that sucks.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

More specifically, it's dealing with an artist who, because he's such a fucking artist, has a singular opinion about art (and applies any argument about art to his own career, or lack there of), and if you espouse a viewpoint he doesn't like, he'll just tell you to shut up. For someone I've known for coming up on three decades, that's bullshit. I don't take that shit from people I call my friends, because I never devalue their opinions to the point I just tell them to shut up. That's not how friends treat each other, despite their disagreements. That's how people treat random assholes they don't care to talk to.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 11:26:09 am by nenjin »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heh.

Highschool, I assume?

God I wish. No, this is good old fashioned adult assholeishness.
I concur. The people I met in high school were often more mature than the people I meet now.

Mind you, my high school had regular bomb threats, as well as one incident were a student was arrested for bringing live ammunition onto the campus(no gun, just clips). That said, among the teachers, there was one who was having sex with one of his students - he wasn't fired for that, he was fired when he broke his leg when he crashed while driving drunk, and he was one of the popular teachers, there was another who tried to get me to do her college-level biology homework(she was a social studies teacher, by the way) in exchange for extra credit I didn't really need(I did it because I was bored). I'd come up with more, but that would require undoing the massive amount of memory blocks I put on that part of my life.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 2604 2605 [2606] 2607 2608 ... 3345