Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2603 2604 [2605] 2606 2607 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3693890 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

People still play decade old games, yes. Older, even, for some. Pretty sure Subspace still has a decent enough playing population, and that thing came out somewhere in the mid-late 90s.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Yeah but you don't generally hear about those games unless you're part of the community.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile

Counter Strike did this thing where it was awesome and the game lasted foreeeever.

Then Volvo decided that it wanted to make everything prettier, and made Counter Strike:  Global Offensive.

EDIT:  Removed the demands from a car manufacturer, I doubt most people know where it's from anyway. >_>
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 05:52:02 pm by Karkov »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

People still play decade old games, yes. Older, even, for some. Pretty sure Subspace still has a decent enough playing population, and that thing came out somewhere in the mid-late 90s.

* Tawarochir lurches back into the shadows to play the horribly-translated Legend of Zelda 1 and probably some old Batman beat-em-up
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site

Raging at myself, first week on the new job, and already ADHDing, unable to do my work.

This job is supposed to be awesome (game SDK sample writing, making little cool apps...) but my brain is all 'NOPE!'
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile

My laptop is officially dead. My only alternative is my brother's PC which is an awesome PC. The problem is that its password protected and the guest account lock you out after 2 hours. So not only can I use to do anything to take advantage of its specs, I can only use it for 2 hours. I do not sit in front of the computer for 2 hours straight so i practically have 1 hour of use out of it.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

(why do they have wrappers that large)
That's several wrappers taped together.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Well, that's one mystery solved. Thanks for pointing that out. I remain impressed by their architecture.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile

Fuse just blew. Nothing unusual; just too many things on at once.

My sister had a window-mounted air-conditioner, four fans, her TV, and her XBox on all at the same time in her room. Despite not being in it.

No-one turns stuff off when they aren't using it.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile

window-mounted air-conditioner, four fans
Do you live on Mercury or something? I mean, it gets to 85-90 degrees here and we pick one of those five devices, not all of 'em.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

Do you live on Mercury or something? I mean, it gets to 85-90 degrees here and we pick one of those five devices, not all of 'em.
The window is too far so she uses the fans in a chain so that it delivers fresh cool air on her face as she noscopes 12 year olds all day.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

It's been as high as 92 here, and we do the same. To be fair, though, we do have two fans in the bedroom.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Is 90 hot? I mean, in centigrade, your face would start melting at that point, but does that apply to Americans?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Is 90 hot? I mean, in centigrade, your face would start melting at that point, but does that apply to Americans?
90 F would be a little over 32 C. I'll leave it to your judgement as to whether that is hot or not.

It typically gets over 100 F (nearly 38 C) here this time of year, so that's fun.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile

90 F would be a little over 32 C. I'll leave it to your judgement as to whether that is hot or not.
Depends on whether it's a humid 32 or a dry 32, of course :P
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."
Pages: 1 ... 2603 2604 [2605] 2606 2607 ... 3345