Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1977 1978 [1979] 1980 1981 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3690857 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Justice Edition
« Reply #29670 on: November 21, 2013, 12:28:23 am »

That'd probably make more sense to 'em than whatever you do end up feeding them, wouldn't it? Shouldn't the customer get what they deservewant?

It varies. Some people cut me off mid-sentence when I try to explain what was going on. Some people patiently listen and then go "Oh ok." I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, because I don't want to seem like it's not important to me for them to know what happened. Every once in a while someone is listening and sometimes wants to do something proactive, too. Which I like.

But yes, Gremlins. I don't say it because not everyone enjoys flippancy when it comes to our software being remotely involved in their problems. By the transitive property of intellectual laziness, their shitty printer/network/administration = their time wasted = our program.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29671 on: November 21, 2013, 12:47:20 am »

I have extensive experience with technical support, mainly because my mom likes to call them when something is broken, drunk off her ass, and hand me the phone. I think it's a nice good-cop-bad-cop comparison, because they are sighing at the wasted, uncooperative, rude bitch, and then they get treated to me quietly and calmly complying with their instructions and listening carefully, in addition to describing what is going on in reasonable detail. And saying thank you. And if they act like an ass, I can just say, "I think my mom wants to get back on the phone..." And suddenly it stops. Sup wit dat?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29672 on: November 21, 2013, 01:00:36 am »

I have extensive experience with technical support, mainly because my mom likes to call them when something is broken, drunk off her ass, and hand me the phone. I think it's a nice good-cop-bad-cop comparison, because they are sighing at the wasted, uncooperative, rude bitch, and then they get treated to me quietly and calmly complying with their instructions and listening carefully, in addition to describing what is going on in reasonable detail. And saying thank you. And if they act like an ass, I can just say, "I think my mom wants to get back on the phone..." And suddenly it stops. Sup wit dat?
its called a dime in a dozen, or sweet merciful god someone intelligent.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29673 on: November 21, 2013, 01:37:35 am »

I seem to get ignored a lot most everywhere I post. It's like I'm air or something. I hate feeling like that.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29674 on: November 21, 2013, 01:40:16 am »

you need smaller communities

when you're rotating between a dozen boards with 3 posts a day each you end up being important in each and every one of them (though whenever you want to be on a board with such a low post ratio is debatable)

hold on, do you mean imageboards or forums like this one both are a plausible option

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29675 on: November 21, 2013, 01:48:45 am »

I mostly get ignored on forums. Imageboards seem to have people that are less likely to ignore me outright, especially since there are fewer derails and often times the shitposting is contained to one or two areas instead of flooding the entire board.

I get ignored on imageboards sometimes but that's alright seeing as usually when it does happen it's usually because someone else has done something that was either win or fail and thus garners the attention of the entire thread. Probably helps that the imageboards I go to are anonymous and don't require registration and thus there's no rank or seniority like how there happens to be on most forums.

Either way it pisses me off, whether it happens here or at some other forum. Makes me want to isolate myself more.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #29676 on: November 21, 2013, 01:56:04 am »

I believe that thing goes on personal assumption that if the others don't post something related to what I've posted, then its ignoring :S

We're not ignoring you MM, neither is the note of being 'ignored' go to anyone else here. Try talking directly to people at times if you feel ignored?

No post gets ignored here.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #29677 on: November 21, 2013, 02:30:28 am »

No post gets ignored here.

If I responded to every interesting post I read I'd be typing 24/7 Dx

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29678 on: November 21, 2013, 02:34:17 am »

It's less "posts get ignored" and more "not every post needs a reply".
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #29679 on: November 21, 2013, 02:56:48 am »

Explain it in terms of feng shui.  Tell them that their network firewall is emitting negative chi.
Your Dilbert avatar is really relevant xD

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #29680 on: November 21, 2013, 03:04:42 am »

Dilbert is always relevant when people are involved. You think it's a comic about work, but no.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29681 on: November 21, 2013, 03:42:17 am »

donation pool to let dutchling quit everything and reply to posts on bay12 gwg-style y/n

i'd put three whole dollars in that pool

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29682 on: November 21, 2013, 04:16:48 am »

Re: user errors

At least with networking, you can blame  on OSI layer 10. I believe the error code for that is ID10T.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #29683 on: November 21, 2013, 04:18:43 am »

raeg

I realized I got off at the wrong subway station after I wandered around ten minutes wondering why everything looked so same yet different, thus making me ten minutes late. I eventually realized that the two stations actually both had department stores above them, had a ㄷ-shaped  plaza fronted by similar restaurants, had back alleys fenced by office buildings, and even had stupid parking lots in the same places.

I caught a taxi and asked him to first go to [name of my dentist] followed by [name of station] and he's like nope don't know that. He had a friggin GPS navigator installed in his cab -_- He denied that it would work. I suspect he wanted to stay in the district so he could get a volume of customers for the same base price...

Anyhow I ended up running a kilometer to my dentist.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #29684 on: November 21, 2013, 05:28:00 am »

I caught a taxi and asked him to first go to [name of my dentist] followed by [name of station] and he's like nope don't know that. He had a friggin GPS navigator installed in his cab -_- He denied that it would work. I suspect he wanted to stay in the district so he could get a volume of customers for the same base price...
Do GPS's in South Korea pull up business addresses by name? Because mine needs the actual street number put in unless you're looking for something like a gas station or a restaurant.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!
Pages: 1 ... 1977 1978 [1979] 1980 1981 ... 3345