Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This version of LNP is out of date

Yes and it makes me sad :(
- 82 (40%)
Yes and it makes me mad/angry/frusrated >:(
- 29 (14.1%)
Yes and it's okay because there are other versions now :)
- 94 (45.9%)

Total Members Voted: 205

Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 137

Author Topic: Lazy Newb Pack - Very out of date :(  (Read 2000690 times)

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack [0.34.07] [V12]
« Reply #1710 on: June 04, 2012, 03:54:37 pm »

Not that easy. I already tried yesterday, one hour wasted. We'll have to lurk here until the first post change to .10... I reload the page every 5 minutes
Meanwhile, let's see if I can help:
1) download the game pre-installed with your graphic pack, Phoebus for example has 2 downloads 1 is just the graphic files the other is the game with the graphics pre-installed, that saves 1 step
2) download dfhack of the same version as the game and basically copy the contents in your df+graphics folder, you only need this if you want stonesense or other goodies...
3) download therapist, it runs from its own folder so nothing special to do here... if you already have it, try running, it usually auto updates now...

slaytanic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • my DFFD pack
« Reply #1711 on: June 04, 2012, 04:09:35 pm »

For anyone who hadn't noticed , I made a newbpack repack with all of the updated dfhack and DF 34.10 with phoebus tileset and put it up on DFFD. http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6386
So let me get this straight....We are talking monkeys living on a dirt ball that circles a fireball ? WTF ?

slaytanic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • my DFFD pack
« Reply #1712 on: June 04, 2012, 04:17:31 pm »

For anyone who hadn't noticed , I made a newbpack repack with all of the updated dfhack and DF 34.10 with phoebus tileset and put it up on DFFD. http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6386
Some people have said it has problems with keybindings or somesuch but I don't know, I don't usally change the controls or set hotkeys.
So let me get this straight....We are talking monkeys living on a dirt ball that circles a fireball ? WTF ?

petebull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: June 04, 2012, 05:23:55 pm »

Also, I was working on a modloader. Anyone know how to do good regex in visual basic? :P

Is anything wrong with System.Text.RegularExpressions? http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hs600312.aspx#Y600

Gatallorsith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: June 04, 2012, 05:37:37 pm »

I really hope Lazy will be updated with the upcoming (I guess) new version.

Maxisokol

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: June 04, 2012, 05:59:01 pm »

Some people have said it has problems with keybindings or somesuch but I don't know, I don't usally change the controls or set hotkeys.
Thank you very much for your pack! Though I've got the same problem with it as AustralianWinter - I can't construct any wheelbarrows or minecarts. Any ideas why?

HiEv

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Counter-Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: June 04, 2012, 06:41:32 pm »

Thank you very much for your pack! Though I've got the same problem with it as AustralianWinter - I can't construct any wheelbarrows or minecarts. Any ideas why?

If you used the LNP v0.34.07 keybinds, then that's why.  They don't include the new stuff for wheelbarrows and minecarts.

Grab the latest (v0.34.11) Dwarf Fortress install, and copy the interface.txt file in that over the one that you currently have in your Dwarf Fortress\data\init folder and you should gain access to them.

Hopefully now that we have a new DF release, we can get a new LNP release, as soon as Dwarf Therapist, the tilesets, and DFHack get updated.
The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.

slaytanic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • my DFFD pack
« Reply #1717 on: June 04, 2012, 07:16:34 pm »

No I can't for the life of me figure out why that would be. I use the same folder that I uploaded and can build wheelbarrows and minecarts.  I will, however, download the rar that I uploaded and clean it up and check it out. If anyone else who has had that happen reads this- bump this thread, especially if you fixed it or know why it happened to start with. *UPDATE* according to HiEv in his post above changing out your interface.txt file should fix it.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 07:21:31 pm by slaytanic »

piesquared

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: June 04, 2012, 07:36:28 pm »

I checked my active folder and the ZIP I originally downloaded from dffd, and found that the RAWs were different. Which is strange, since I unzipped into a brand new folder and didn't change any of the RAWs. My current hypothesis is that the separate .07 LNP in another folder somehow interfered with the "improvised" .10 one that you provided.

Not really your fault, and AFAIK know way you can prevent it. Oh, and changing interface.txt absolutely did not fix it in my case.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: June 04, 2012, 11:36:00 pm »

Also, I was working on a modloader. Anyone know how to do good regex in visual basic? :P

Is anything wrong with System.Text.RegularExpressions? http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hs600312.aspx#Y600
It's, like all regular expressions, hell to work with. I'll need to write a class for LazyExpressions or something :D
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: June 05, 2012, 03:17:01 am »

changing interface.txt absolutely did not fix it in my case.

Yah, I have an idea.  You got a fresh install, of 11 in a new LNP subfolder?  Or did you copy over 07.  Don't do that.  Once you have a freshly unpacked v11 in a LNP subfolder, rename the older 07 folder, something other than /Dwarf Fortress.

Go into LNP's interfaces folder delete everything in there.  Anything before 10 is useless now.  Copy and Place the new v11 interface into the LNP folder.  Then add the 8 LNP keybinds, mentioned up further in this thread, into it. 

Then once you bring up the LNP UI, the new one will show up in that box of choices down there on the bottom, if its in the right place.  Ya can then use this one with any further versions that come out.  Good luck, Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

Maxisokol

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: June 05, 2012, 07:17:22 am »

Ok, thanks everyone for the help. Now I've managed to produce wheelbarrows when I create a new world, but it still doesn't work in a previously saved game. =\
Btw, what I did: copied interface.txt from a brand new 34.11 to LNP\Keybinds and loaded it in the bottom of LazyNewb's GUI.
Also in the LazyNewb's folder there is a nice and simple instruction that helped me to update everything to 34.11. (Got the newest version of Therapist from the comment section of the official thread, lol)

slaytanic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • my DFFD pack
« Reply #1722 on: June 05, 2012, 09:33:53 pm »

I Put together another repack with DF 0.34.11 phoebus tileset dfhack dwarf therapist blah blah blah etcetera.... basically the v12 lazy newb pack with updated stuff inside of it. Everything I have checked is working.
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6432

Lok_Die

• Escaped Lunatic
  • waht?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: June 06, 2012, 01:03:55 am »

I Put together another repack with DF 0.34.11 phoebus tileset dfhack dwarf therapist blah blah blah etcetera.... basically the v12 lazy newb pack with updated stuff inside of it. Everything I have checked is working.
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6432

You are a gentlemen and a scholar.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: June 06, 2012, 02:09:34 am »

slaytanic you're hired. :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 137