Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18

Author Topic: Pondering on duty.  (Read 12288 times)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pondering on duty.
« Reply #120 on: June 07, 2010, 08:40:48 pm »

Superpowers it is. I would want my one weakness to be something bizarre. Like, I can only be killed by horses.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 07, 2010, 08:42:16 pm »

Mine would be love.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 07, 2010, 08:43:59 pm »

Superpowers it is. I would want my one weakness to be something bizarre. Like, I can only be killed by horses.

"...terrible... death whinny..."

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 07, 2010, 08:45:16 pm »

DOCTOR HORRIBLE YES
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 07, 2010, 08:52:47 pm »

Mine would be macs. I hate macs with an irrational passion, for no good reason. Therefore I would hate them even more as a superhero(with super-hate!) and one could totally incapacitate me until it was destroyed.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 07, 2010, 10:22:10 pm »

My superpower would be density control.  Pick up a large object, lower its density to infinitely close to zero, throw it at the enemy so it flies super-super fast, and then increase its density to that of a battleship right as it hits the enemy.  Bam.
Shoes...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 07, 2010, 10:26:25 pm »

I'd want superpowers like the Flash, because that seems very practical.  Remember that episode of Justice League where Lex Luthor is in Flash's brain?  He can fly by flapping his arms like a hummingbird, he can knock down walls by shaking them apart.  Not to mention the dodging-bullets and go-anywhere-anytime abilities.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 07, 2010, 10:28:36 pm »

Shape Shifting.

Because that would be awesome.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 07, 2010, 10:31:19 pm »

I'd want superpowers like the Flash, because that seems very practical.  Remember that episode of Justice League where Lex Luthor is in Flash's brain?  He can fly by flapping his arms like a hummingbird, he can knock down walls by shaking them apart.  Not to mention the dodging-bullets and go-anywhere-anytime abilities.

Yeah, but that would kill you in real life.
Shoes...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 07, 2010, 10:31:41 pm »

Not if you had all the Required Secondary Superpowers.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 07, 2010, 10:32:39 pm »

You're the one talking about giving a pebble the mass of a battleship mid-throw.  When did this "real life" come into the discussion?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 07, 2010, 10:33:46 pm »

There was also that one episode where he had his heart beat so fast that the EKG thought he flatlined.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 07, 2010, 10:37:45 pm »

So: If you had to pick a theme/motif for all your powers to be focused around, what would it be? Assume that if you can't justify a power via maotif association (ie. sand manipulation could give you shape-shifting and invulnerability but not super speed) I'd choose electricity, though I'd want it to be blue-tinted rather than yellow. Bundled up with the whole lightning bolt shooting stuff I could get flight out of that as well, or maybe boosted-jumps. And contact damage.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 07, 2010, 10:41:30 pm »

There was also that one episode where he had his heart beat so fast that the EKG thought he flatlined.

Note that this trick allowed him to fool and escape Justice Lord Batman, who had previously devised a way to capture the entire Justice League. The best part? Justice Leauge Batman admited that he had no plan for escaping. Flash not only tricked Batman, he tricked a Batman smarter then the Batman of his universe.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 07, 2010, 10:43:10 pm »

So: If you had to pick a theme/motif for all your powers to be focused around, what would it be? Assume that if you can't justify a power via maotif association (ie. sand manipulation could give you shape-shifting and invulnerability but not super speed) I'd choose electricity, though I'd want it to be blue-tinted rather than yellow. Bundled up with the whole lightning bolt shooting stuff I could get flight out of that as well, or maybe boosted-jumps. And contact damage.

See, my plan is to have a V for Vendetta costume stashed somewhere and when CRIME happens, I'll stop time and go grab it.

Then I'll spend like a solid week (with time stopped) going round punching people who are committing crimes in the face, just once.

Can you imagine the news reports? How absolutely hilarious would that be?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 11:09:28 pm by Jackrabbit »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18