yes, montage me
- 5 (83.3%)
Ok, montage them
- 1 (16.7%)
i really would rather not montage one week
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 46

Author Topic: Fortress Mode: the RPG (is it dead or what lol?)  (Read 34534 times)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Mode: the RPG (come play!)
« Reply #585 on: November 13, 2010, 09:05:26 pm »

You mean a rickshaw?

I propose that Riversand, Adwarf, and Nirur Torir go out to greet the newcomers, but be ready to go back to the fortress if they are just a diversion to draw out the warriors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: November 13, 2010, 09:22:11 pm »

And here I was thinking we'd just open the gates and let them in.

I'm either not nearly as paranoid or far more gullible than you guys. :P
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: November 13, 2010, 10:11:32 pm »

You mean a rickshaw?

I propose that Riversand, Adwarf, and Nirur Torir go out to greet the newcomers, but be ready to go back to the fortress if they are just a diversion to draw out the warriors.
Agreed.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: November 13, 2010, 10:21:48 pm »

Sneak Peak

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: November 13, 2010, 10:29:01 pm »

Oooooooooooooooooooooo...

Do we get experience for doing stuff? It seems incongruous that normally doing things doesn't help you level up, but whenever there's a montage, you level up in something of your choice. I'd rather have no level ups during montages, but normal leveling all the time.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 10:31:01 pm by Cheddarius »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: November 13, 2010, 10:29:53 pm »

Interesting.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: November 13, 2010, 11:08:35 pm »

Actually, 3d6 averages to 10.5.

But anyway, I have questions:

What skill is used to create toolsets? Metalcrafting?

How does one get a workshop good enough to grant a bonus? I'd assume it's not just having really good tools, since that's a separate thing.

Are Fine and Very Fine items produced by saying that's what you want to make, and then it's just like normal items but they're more expensive and so take longer?

Is my glass medical set Fine/Very Fine, or just normal but very expensive?

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: November 14, 2010, 02:31:25 am »

Okay, Hastur, the outer doorway had 1 of 2 doors already, so that is a minor incorrect issue.
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: November 14, 2010, 02:53:59 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: November 14, 2010, 04:26:09 pm »

I shall grab a shovel and spend 16 hours digging trenches along the walls then 8 hours taking the wood i gathered and turning into stakes to put in trench ( At least i am not destroying the fort but i think we should get a bridge built at the gate )

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: November 14, 2010, 04:33:58 pm »

Well, we still need someone to patrol...

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: November 14, 2010, 04:39:50 pm »

I know but if a bunch of goblins pop up and siege us ( when will this happen i want to shoot goblins in face while screaming armos have the monkeys take them ) we are dead with no gate or anything to keep them from scaling the wall

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: November 14, 2010, 07:56:18 pm »

I don't think that will happen, that would be ludicrously overpowered.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: November 15, 2010, 01:06:03 am »

I know but if a bunch of goblins pop up and siege us ( when will this happen i want to shoot goblins in face while screaming armos have the monkeys take them ) we are dead with no gate or anything to keep them from scaling the wall

i just built some heavy outer doors, so we have that. the walls, can be fairly defended, and we will develop them further as time goes.
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: November 15, 2010, 04:06:32 pm »

ok then i shall patrol 8 hours dig the trenches 8 hours and sharpen sticks for 8 hours ( While thinking vividly of the joy of a goblin siege and the insuing goblin massacre )
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 46