yes, montage me
- 5 (83.3%)
Ok, montage them
- 1 (16.7%)
i really would rather not montage one week
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 46

Author Topic: Fortress Mode: the RPG (is it dead or what lol?)  (Read 34526 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Mode: the RPG (come play!)
« Reply #600 on: November 19, 2010, 04:02:59 pm »

Bump

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: November 20, 2010, 12:19:29 am »

gah, i forgot to post actions. i thought i had posted them... will make them short. sorry for holding the game up.

Shifts:

Shift 1
Investigate the newcomers, with guarded curiosity. in full gear, bringing adwarf with him.

shift 2
8 hours eat at the table, then sleep

shift 3
8 hours work on iron spear iron spikes with leftover time if metal available. if not, smelt iron ore.
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: November 20, 2010, 03:36:33 am »

I will not sharpen sticks instead i will go with riversand to meet the newcomers with my full gear

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: November 20, 2010, 02:49:35 pm »

Day 41...

Garul and Adwarf venture out of the fortress towards the scarfed woman and her covered carriage. It is fully loaded with piles of junk, baubles, jars and some doodads. She waves a hankerchief and beckons       everyone closer. "Peace, friend. I bring a token of goodwill. These lands are dangerous enough without making new enemies." The weird womans carriage emanates strange scents and vibes.

The 3 figures speak exitedly. "Bless the maker mi'lord, I thought I'd gotten me whole family killed. Your fort is truly a welcome sight. Go on now son, greet your new friends."

A young dwarf scurries towards the gate at the dwarves guarding the entrance and gives cheddarius a hug. He looks up at everyone with glazed eyes, and he has a note pinned to his ragged shirt.

Garul, inspects the traveller. She carries many goods for her overloaded carriage, trunks, jars, a barrel or two, and some small animals. She seems guarded, has a scarf and bandanna, jewlery on her person , and a set of pan flutes around her neck. Eventually satisfied she is not going to attack, Garul goes to sleep, Waking up during the night shift to fire up the forge and craft a spear, fitting the broad iron spearhead to a suitable shaft. (-1 iron bar +1 Iron Spear)

Adwarf Patrolls around the fortress after providing backup for garul during the morning shift. Wherever the Kobolds went, they are not showing themselves today. He borrows a shovel temporarily, and proceeds to dig a trench around the outer walls. He makes decent progress, and the mud gives way easily enough for him to finish the trench around the swampmost half of the wall. it is not very deep yet however. He works hard throughout the night, and his hearty dwarven constitution carries him through the whole night. Strange sights are seen over the swampland. Bubbling swamp sounds and distant Will O' Wisps dance about. Luckily he is not attacked.

Nirur hears word of potential traders, and gets to work on a set of valuable matching rock thrones. Then engraving an intricate pattern in them. (-2 rock +2 thrones 80$ +decorated 160$) His only worry is if the feeble carriage and sluggish Yak can carry them away at all.

Kog whistles nonchalantly and surrupticiuosly fires up the forge. Crafting up himself an actual metal cage. It is a learning process, but his mighty brain guides him to reforge it better each times, and catches all flaws in his unskilled construction. He hauls it to Urist and sets it over him. Installing it to the floor with some nail anchors. he hasnt gotten better, but he hasn't gotten worse either.

Cheddarius realises, with a little help, that whenever a wounded dwarf eats at the table, the food he eats will provide nourishment not to himself, but instead minor regeneration of wounds. It comes at a price however, and the nearest other living things pay for it, as it sucks away the life of the plants that are barely about 10 yards away on the surface. He ponders the implications while he crafs mugs. (-2 rock +Mugs 160$). The forge awaits him, Already fired up. He begins work on a lengthy project, A fine breastplate. he makes good progress, but it is still far from complete. (-3 iron bars +160/2000 fine iron breastplate) He finishes with a filling meal at THE TABLE, before sleeping. The crops are one day from maturity.

Hrodegr crafts 16 long hours. crafting 2 pairs of leather high boots. (-2 leather +2 leather boots 80$)

Moods.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: November 20, 2010, 03:15:10 pm »

Well this is creepy. We should probably let them in our build a trade depot out there.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: November 20, 2010, 03:25:29 pm »

Cheddarius spends 8 hours building a trade depot outside and hauling goods to it if there is time.
Cheddarius then plants pig tails for 8 hours.
Finally, Cheddarius eats at the wolf table, then sleeps.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: November 20, 2010, 04:11:51 pm »

8 hours talking with the traders to find out more about them
8 hours providing medical care for Urist (and Ochita if there's time)
8 hours sleeping, drinking, and eating at the table
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 09:55:13 pm by IronyOwl »
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: November 20, 2010, 04:13:29 pm »

Kog Chitchats and gathers information. The dwarf pilgrams who came with the woman come up to kog, hats in their hands. "Excuse me mi'lord where are our manners. We humbly beeseech ye for sanctuary. We're hard workers, my trade is a thresher, and weaver, and my wife here is a good cook, with some very uhh, unique recipies. My son will be no dead whieght, either. I'll feed him out of my own pay."

The wandering woman on the carriage speaks freely to Kog. "These brothers of yourse are very fortunate, found them wandering around these terrifying lands, say they fled from their caravan, had joined up for safety as they migrated. They were smart enough to run for it as soon as a fight broke out. Or foolhearty maybe, they didnt stick around to see how it turned out hehe. They say it was goblins, armed for war. I'd watch yourselves out here, I hear tales they consider this mountain sacred, or is that the fould blendecs? Anyhow if you're willing to trade, feel free to look through my things, but loook with your eyes not with your hands. Ill have what im willing to trade set out on some tables if you dont mind." The dwarven refugees begin uloading some goods out, half cowering.

Incomplete list of trade goods.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 07:09:42 pm by Hastur »

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Mode: the RPG (Migrants welcome.) SPRING DAY 41
« Reply #608 on: November 20, 2010, 07:36:07 pm »

Garul looks at the goods early in the day, making note of the various tools that he thinks may be of use, as well as the goat, trying to discern it's gender. he is also carrying his two spears, right now. He does overhear some of the newcomer's story, while previously on patrol. at this point, he mentions to a few of the others, that he thinks more hands would be of good use.

In the first shift period, Garul evaluates the stockpile of iron, and iron ore... before setting to work on smelting the iron ore, if any is present. If no iron ore, he will melt down the copper door scraps, back into the copper bars, planning on reclaiming the metal.

In the middle of the day, having become a nocturnal dwarf lately, he sleeps. someone needs to maintain nightwatch.

In the evening and into the night, Garul closes the stonegates, having let the trader and newcomers into the compound during the day. the swamp was making him edgy today. after closing the gate, he takes a little bit of tiem to eat in his quarters, before going on to patrol duty.

Shift 1
8 hours: smelt iron ore, or melt copper door scraps.

Shift 2
8 hours: sleep.

Shift 3
8 hours: patrols he night, munching on some food (after closing the gate), at his own table. [never got a replacement, so will eat in quarters at a non-magical table.]

Items of interest for Garul:

Goggles
jars of honey+
chalk
wine bottles
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: November 20, 2010, 07:38:17 pm »

we should get the goat its milk will be useful as both a source of drink and food I spen 1 shift haggling with them over the goat until we reach a price acceptable (90 ?) Then 2 shifts digging more trenches with shovel while looking out for monsters

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: November 20, 2010, 09:51:15 pm »

We don't need to haggle over one thing for a shit, spending 8 hours getting a discount of $10 is pretty pointless. Let's just appoint someone to spend a shift buying everything we want outright and haggling for it. Maybe IronyOwl? Oh, by the way, Irony, you can eat at the table, since you're not wounded and won't drain plant life.

As for goods, we have $1720 worth of fine bags, bone jewelry, bone totems, and rock mugs. I'd like to buy the goat, bandages, the tame rat, buffalo chips, the honey, the sausage, the wine, the bone meal, the kitten, some khat leaves, some spices, some blinding dust, and the merchant's toolset if we have money left over.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: November 20, 2010, 09:54:27 pm »

Alright then, I'll eat at the cursed table.

I'm interested in the caged brownie. It's a type of faerie, right?

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: November 20, 2010, 10:04:24 pm »

Oh, so that's what it is. Yeah, we can get that.
Actually, we have upwards of 250 units of booze, so I don't think we should spend 80☼ on only 8 more...
So here's what everyone combined wants at the moment. First we buy a merchant's toolset, then everything else. We might get a discount on the other stuff because the toolset helps with trading.

500☼: Merchant's toolset
10☼: Chalk
80☼: Perfume
60☼: Jar of honey+
20☼: 20x buffalo chips
10☼: Tame rat
100☼: Goat
20☼: Black kitten
80☼: 48x bandages
80☼: Khat leaves
80☼: 4x spicy spices
80☼: Blinding dust
200☼: Caged brownie
400☼ left

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: November 20, 2010, 11:27:05 pm »

I will trade some of my climbing equipment for that songbird!
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: November 21, 2010, 12:07:22 am »

We have enough trade goods so you can get it without trading away your climbing equipment. We could also trade away some clothing if we need more, seeing that the pig tails will grow soon and it's spring anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 46