Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165423 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #1065 on: March 05, 2011, 02:01:47 am »

I really want to try Swain.  I like characters that make themselves tanky via regeneration or lifesteal.  He's just so darn expensive.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: March 05, 2011, 02:02:53 am »

Swain can be really beast but, as with Mundo, your ult and Ignite don't get along well.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: March 05, 2011, 02:05:59 am »

Something I'm used to dealing with.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: March 05, 2011, 02:49:11 am »

LeBlanc, as far as I'm concerned, is awesome sause, with a side order of amazing.  The mirror image has already waved my butt a few times.  The warp, the snare, the silence.  They all work so well.  The snate takes some getting used too, but the ability to pull off a double snare to escape an ambush can't be ignored. 

Now that my sales pitch is done (maybe), I just need to find the optimal item set.  Any suggestions on where to go to find such information?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: March 05, 2011, 03:06:16 am »

I've never played LeBlanc... but I've never found her a challenge to play against.  Most of the time I almost completely ignore her.  The worst she seems to do is help a teammate catch me.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: March 05, 2011, 04:08:23 am »

Then you were facing bad LeBlancs, it's as simple as that.  Any idea where to find a decent guide so I can maximise her output and put people to shame.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: March 05, 2011, 04:30:24 am »

Just stomped a 4v5.  Had a really bitchy twitch on our team who left about 15 min in.  As soon as he left, we started stomping the enemy team.  It rocked.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: March 05, 2011, 05:11:21 am »

Singed = Instant Win since this patch.

Details in http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=6668379
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: March 05, 2011, 04:06:33 pm »

1) Yes, in the first one, but only by a very small margin. Minions are lower because Irelia had a solo lane. Towers are lower because push Singed doesn't need to stick around for the building kills.

2) Also technically correct, but push Singed is presently brokenly powerful because of minion buffs.

3) I did not starve my ally in the laning phase. All Singed needs to do to win the game for his team is play normally until he has Catalyst and Blasting Wand, then constantly to lanes that need support or where the enemy is weak; with Fling, he can force them to choose between backing off by choice or backing off by dying. Then it's a simple matter to poison all the minions, forever, as they approach the tower (thus why building kills is a poor way to determine it; going back to last-hit the building is a waste of valuable time).

It always entertains me when people think one of the best farmers in the game starved his ally in the laning phase instead of, y'know, occasionally running down the side lanes with his poison on and getting 12-18 cs nearly instantly.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: March 05, 2011, 04:34:35 pm »

It entertains me because people assume it's the case, but Singed isn't that great of a farmer until after the first turret goes (or is going) down and he has more space to run in.

Zilean is infuriating but all he does is bomb, slow/accelerate people, and use his FUCKING ULT to be a bastard (and drag out unwinnable games forever).
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: March 05, 2011, 04:55:53 pm »

I love Zilean just because his bombs are the most flexible ability in the game.  People try way too hard to place bombs directly on the enemy, when they can be used for so much more.  Place a bomb on one of your creeps and watch the enemy refuse to go near it, or even get them to move closer to that bush your teammates are hiding to ambush from.  Place a bomb on one of your teammates as they're charging in to fight, and contribute damage without putting yourself in any danger.  Place a bomb on yourself when a low health melee champion is after you and dare them to kill you.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: March 05, 2011, 05:04:02 pm »

Zilean is infuriating but all he does is bomb, slow/accelerate people, and use his FUCKING ULT to be a bastard (and drag out unwinnable games forever).
U mad?

But seriously, is he a troll champ or what? A q that can kill you after you have run away , a w that changes his cooldowns, making it impossible to tell when one of his abilities is down, an e that combined with his w can permaslow you, or chase you down with a permahaste, and then do that. And an ulti that takes away a kill and leaves only dissapointment, especially if zils ally is a carry, and his enemy a mordekaiser.

@SalmonGod. My favourite technique is to double bomb an enemy creep near the enemy champs, and watch them back way from you so they dont lose the remaining third of their health bars. Even though all your stuff is on cd.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: March 05, 2011, 05:09:05 pm »

@SalmonGod. My favourite technique is to double bomb an enemy creep near the enemy champs, and watch them back way from you so they dont lose the remaining third of their health bars. Even though all your stuff is on cd.

Yeah, he does good damage early game, but that falls off sharply.  The thing is, he sets up such a psychological threat early game.   The enemy spends the first 15 min going "Fuck that hurts!", and then for the rest of the game, they're instinctively wary of those bombs even though they'll barely leave a scratch.  So later on you just play the role of a nuisane and manipulator.  All you do is make empty threats to influence enemy behavior... and it works.  They will run from those bombs, even if it costs them the fight in doing so.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: March 05, 2011, 05:54:07 pm »

unless you mass AP, I saw someone kill a yi that had full health at level 15 with a double bomb.  so they do hurt alot, dependng on your build anyways.
Nom nom nom

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: March 05, 2011, 06:18:33 pm »

U mad?

SO mad.

A 56-minute game of Twisted Treeline is the DUMBEST THING EVER.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 165