Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Suicide  (Read 5631 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Suicide
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2010, 11:24:26 am »

on the other hand, impair your brain enough and you wont care, even if you fail. Win-win.

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2010, 11:25:39 am »

Do battle with Lou Ferrigno.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2010, 11:25:52 am »

You could try drowning. I heard it is a very peaceful death.
It seems to be like dreaming, according to people who barely survived it.

Another thing you could try would be playing the hero.
Eventually one of your suicidal heroic actions will end up getting you killed. Like running into a burning house.
except for the whole "OH GOD MY LUNGS ARE FILLING WITH WATER THE PAIN IS UNBEARABLE GLUG GLUG"

And yes, I know, I've had not one but two near death experiences thanks to H20. It's out to get me.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2010, 11:32:01 am »

looks like a good time to get some dwarven drinking habits

water? only when i run out of booze

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2010, 11:32:47 am »

You could try drowning. I heard it is a very peaceful death.
It seems to be like dreaming, according to people who barely survived it.

Another thing you could try would be playing the hero.
Eventually one of your suicidal heroic actions will end up getting you killed. Like running into a burning house.
except for the whole "OH GOD MY LUNGS ARE FILLING WITH WATER THE PAIN IS UNBEARABLE GLUG GLUG"

And yes, I know, I've had not one but two near death experiences thanks to H20. It's out to get me.

You might consider wearing a life vest at all times.

On the original topic, I like the idea of being really heroic all the time and eventually just dying due to the immense risks. You could get a lot of good stuff done! Another issue is how much you want to leave for other people to clean up. This isn't much of a problem if you don't care about anyone.

One very important thing is to not leave a farewell note. I hate hearing about how the detectives know it wasn't a suicide because all suicides leave goodbye notes. Well nuts to them! Don't leave one, and then they'll be just flummoxed with fail. Completely puzzled on it.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2010, 11:33:49 am »

(By the way, with all the troll attempts on here, I think nobody believes you, OP. Or we would be posting numbers for suicide hotlines and running around with mattresses for you to fall on)
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2010, 11:45:44 am »

It is due to the humor in the original post. 'Fey Mood', 'shitty day', all of that shit.

People with humor like to live. It's a rule.
Only if you're out of humor or out of life-energy will you commit suicide- ever.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2010, 12:05:05 pm »

Kill yourself in public, but have a note in your pocket that says "Fabio must be stopped.  1999 Main Street, room 238"

The address should be whatever, and lead to a local hotel.  If the cop or whoever found the note rents a room there, they find a key and a note reading, "First National Bank, they're watching"

When they get there, they find that one of the Safe Deposit Boxes has the Eye of Providence carved on it, and contains a locked box and a note.  The note has a code that reads "City Park, under the fourth water fountain along the main path"  They go to the park, find the water fountain, and get the key.  Inside the box is a printout of this.
Shoes...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2010, 12:09:10 pm »

Kill yourself in public, but have a note in your pocket that says "Fabio must be stopped.  1999 Main Street, room 238"

The address should be whatever, and lead to a local hotel.  If the cop or whoever found the note rents a room there, they find a key and a note reading, "First National Bank, they're watching"

When they get there, they find that one of the Safe Deposit Boxes has the Eye of Providence carved on it, and contains a locked box and a note.  The note has a code that reads "City Park, under the fourth water fountain along the main path"  They go to the park, find the water fountain, and get the key.  Inside the box is a printout of this.
Behold: the prank to end all pranks, the ultimate troll, the greatest joke ever conceived!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2010, 12:10:35 pm »

That is completely hilarious. You could keep that stuff going for weeks.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2010, 12:22:10 pm »

this, but with the recording of a very particular song by Rick Astley

Pathos

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2010, 12:23:38 pm »

1. Get on a skyscraper.
2. Douse yourself in oil.
3. Slit your wrists.
4. Take as many sleeping pills and drugs as possible.
5. Set yourself on fire.
6. Bite into a cyanide capsule and in the same split second commit sepukku.
7. At this point a friend of yours shots you in the back with a shotgun.
8. Fall down, right into the traffic.
9. Get smashed at the impact and then get smashed by some cars.
10. The Bomb that you carried on your body now explodes.
11. ???
12. Profit. Or not.

You'd die about halfway down the building. The shock of falling would cause your heart to stop or exert so much that it essentially explodes.

That is completely hilarious. You could keep that stuff going for weeks.

We must drive some to suicide and tell them this is the only way to do it and get the truth out.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2010, 12:24:44 pm »

It would be best, really, to include the box immediately. The box must be made so strongly that they can't open it without destroying the contents. Then they have this box and the hint that they will eventually discover a key for it. But when they finally open it - the troll face and Astley.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2010, 12:40:28 pm »

The box must be made so strongly that they can't open it without destroying the contents.
Let us know when you figure out how to do that

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2010, 02:27:45 pm »

The box must be made so strongly that they can't open it without destroying the contents.
Let us know when you figure out how to do that

It can be your life's work!
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5