Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What are your most common reasons for losing a fort?

Dwarven Selection
- 113 (6.3%)
Wildlife
- 58 (3.2%)
Ambushes
- 154 (8.6%)
Sieges
- 207 (11.5%)
Undeads
- 118 (6.6%)
Forgotten Beasts
- 110 (6.1%)
Megabeasts
- 42 (2.3%)
The Circus
- 84 (4.7%)
FUN Spiral
- 286 (15.9%)
Dwarven Engineering
- 131 (7.3%)
FPS Death
- 396 (22%)
Other? (please specify)
- 97 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 879

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 140

Author Topic: [0.34.11v01] Phoebus' Graphic Set (0.34.11's one year anniversary update)  (Read 979473 times)

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.16v00] Phoebus' Graphic Set (Updated... again!)
« Reply #360 on: October 05, 2010, 11:34:46 am »

Just wanted to pop in here with a bug report of sorts. In the .12 and .14 versions of the graphics set at least (Man, I'm never going to keep up to date with the rate Toady keeps pumping out releases...) doors made out of Olivine use the Masterwork/Gem symbol instead of the door symbol, and doors made out of most wood likewise don't resemble doors (though not a recognizable symbol to me).

Is this a bug? Necessary quirk in the way the set is implemented?
It's a bug with the engine, no solution has been found short of not making olivine doors.
I literally have no control over which tile is used for any doors, let alone rock specific doors.
Sorry. :(

NKDietrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 05, 2010, 11:49:19 am »

Olivine sucks anyway, use something else!!

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 05, 2010, 03:43:16 pm »

Just wanted to pop in here with a bug report of sorts. In the .12 and .14 versions of the graphics set at least (Man, I'm never going to keep up to date with the rate Toady keeps pumping out releases...) doors made out of Olivine use the Masterwork/Gem symbol instead of the door symbol, and doors made out of most wood likewise don't resemble doors (though not a recognizable symbol to me).

Is this a bug? Necessary quirk in the way the set is implemented?
It's a bug with the engine, no solution has been found short of not making olivine doors.
I literally have no control over which tile is used for any doors, let alone rock specific doors.
Sorry. :(

Ah, well. Good to know. I discovered that nickel doors are suitably impressive, and *also* are magmasafe. It's win-win!

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 05, 2010, 05:26:28 pm »

Olivine sucks anyway, use something else!!
But ... but ... an unsmoothed 8 x 12 olivine room with 15 olivine tables and 14 olivine thrones counts as a legendary dining room!
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 06, 2010, 12:34:48 am »

Phoebus, just wanted to say I appreciate your constant updates on your great graphics mode! Thank you thank you thank you!
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

rntrndrw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 06, 2010, 02:51:57 pm »

Yea this is great, thanks A LOT!  :)

Audioworm333

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: weirdness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 06, 2010, 05:49:23 pm »

Thank Armok that this was available for v0.31.16 when I discovered that version was released. Downloading now. It's great!
I didn't really understand why I died until I discovered I was teleporting my own spine into my enemies' body as a primary way of attack.

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 07, 2010, 12:42:19 am »

Phoebus, just wanted to say I appreciate your constant updates on your great graphics mode! Thank you thank you thank you!

this

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 07, 2010, 01:06:38 am »

Very nice set. Just downloaded it. Normally I play ASCII but I think I may just be able to get used to this tileset.
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

JAFANZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 07, 2010, 01:25:27 am »

Another vote of thanks from Downunder.

EddyP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 07, 2010, 03:51:14 am »

Is it possible to get this with the Mayday tileset?

EDIT: Ignore. Wrong thread.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 08:18:22 am by EddyP »

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 07, 2010, 04:24:22 am »

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate! :)

The units (dwarves, goblins, dogs, etc.) and the tileset (walls, ground, objects, etc.) are separate.

You can replace the unit graphics by replacing the content of /raw/graphics/ with the content of another mod.

You can change the tileset by editing the init.txt file, there's many different options available in my graphic set.
If you want to use a tileset from another mod with my unit pack, install that other graphic pack first then copy my unit graphics over.
Unit graphics are only loosely tied to the game, so changing them very rarely cause conflicts with mod specific settings, but tilesets often are tightly tied to changes in the game raws, so install the tileset pack that you wish to use and replace the unit graphics as prefered.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 04:27:09 am by Phoebus »

konjad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 07, 2010, 06:22:50 am »

Phoebus, what are you going to change or add in future releases? Have you got any goals concerning future of your tileset?

Moonshine Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 07, 2010, 07:06:54 am »

This really _is_ excellent tileset, Phobeus! Moved back to using yours since Ironhand haven't had time to update to 31.16 just yet, and your ore/gem icons are very comprehensible and easy to read. Thanks!

Slight bug, dunno if it's related to the Olivine issue above, but glass portals show up as colored "O"s instead of doors.

EddyP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 07, 2010, 08:21:10 am »

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate! :)

The units (dwarves, goblins, dogs, etc.) and the tileset (walls, ground, objects, etc.) are separate.

You can replace the unit graphics by replacing the content of /raw/graphics/ with the content of another mod.

You can change the tileset by editing the init.txt file, there's many different options available in my graphic set.
If you want to use a tileset from another mod with my unit pack, install that other graphic pack first then copy my unit graphics over.
Unit graphics are only loosely tied to the game, so changing them very rarely cause conflicts with mod specific settings, but tilesets often are tightly tied to changes in the game raws, so install the tileset pack that you wish to use and replace the unit graphics as prefered.

Thanks for the reply, but sorry, I was being magnificently retarded. Confused this with Genesis.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 140