Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What are your most common reasons for losing a fort?

Dwarven Selection
- 113 (6.3%)
Wildlife
- 58 (3.2%)
Ambushes
- 154 (8.6%)
Sieges
- 207 (11.5%)
Undeads
- 118 (6.6%)
Forgotten Beasts
- 110 (6.1%)
Megabeasts
- 42 (2.3%)
The Circus
- 84 (4.7%)
FUN Spiral
- 286 (15.9%)
Dwarven Engineering
- 131 (7.3%)
FPS Death
- 396 (22%)
Other? (please specify)
- 97 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 879

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 140

Author Topic: [0.34.11v01] Phoebus' Graphic Set (0.34.11's one year anniversary update)  (Read 979645 times)

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Phoebus, which package would I grab to if I wanted to revert the web tile to the old style? Is it as simple as copying over that square in the .PNG file or were there RAW changes when that was implemented?

I just really find that tile jarring and out of place. Everything else is very well put together.
Just copy pasting an other tile over that tile in the top right corner should work fine. No raws changes involved.
I've never released a PNG version with another version of that tile, so you should take it from another PNG tileset, or copy from a BMP tileset and delete the magenta so that section is transparent in PNG.

wurli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I could barely stop myself from cramming the BMP tileset into the 'guest room' then pulling the lever.
What's the advantage in using the legacy version of the latest DF?
I want to use the SDL version, I really do.  But, despite having a fast computer, a fairly good graphics card, and fully updated drivers, the SDL version exhibits more screen flashing for me than I can really tolerate.  Having the screen flash at you every time you stop using the 'k', 'v', etc. commands is no fun.

Have you tried a different PRINT_MODE ? Partial had the same result as you describe. ACCUM_BUFFER works much better for me.

Fedor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Have you tried a different PRINT_MODE ? Partial had the same result as you describe. ACCUM_BUFFER works much better for me.
unfortunately, ACCUM_BUFFER has the same number and intensity of flashing.  As do all the other listed print modes, with both SINGLE_BUFFER settings.

Happily, Toady One and Baughn are aware of the problem and its causes, so we can look forward to fixes reasonably soon.
Fedor Andreev is a citizen of the Federated Endeavor. He is a member of the Wandering Minds.

Gabriel A. Zorrilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://zorrilla.me

I'm using the linux version of DF, please confirm if this is what your update savegame script does what it does from reading the script:

1. With data/current directory does nothing. I believe this is because current is while the game is running.
2. Copies your RAW to the RAW of each region.
3. Why does it looks for inorganic_stone_layer - Copy.txt and deletes it?

So far, for what i see, i just have to copy your raw into each region savegame and the rest of the data and raw directories over the original DF installation and that's it. Am i correct? I'm not at home right now, cant try it!

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm using the linux version of DF, please confirm if this is what your update savegame script does what it does from reading the script:

1. With data/current directory does nothing. I believe this is because current is while the game is running.
2. Copies your RAW to the RAW of each region.
3. Why does it looks for inorganic_stone_layer - Copy.txt and deletes it?

So far, for what i see, i just have to copy your raw into each region savegame and the rest of the data and raw directories over the original DF installation and that's it. Am i correct? I'm not at home right now, cant try it!
That is correct. The savegame updater copies the content of DF/RAW into all of the DF/DATA/SAVE/region###/RAW .

1. data/current is not a savegame, it's a temporary folder, copying the raws there wouldn't do anything useful.
3. "inorganic_stone_layer - Copy.txt" In one of my earlier releases, I made the mistake of including an copy of the inorganic_stone_layer RAW/OBJECT file, which was resulting in corrupted new games. This permanently fixes that mistakes without side-effects. Just delete that file copy manually if you have a problem and can't use the updater.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 07:33:24 pm by Phoebus »

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mac update:
I've added a pre-packaged version of my graphic set for DF v0.31.06 OSX.
Available for download on MediaFire

I would like if a Mac user could confirm the package is working.
Thanks.

Gabriel A. Zorrilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey buddy, working like a champ in linux. Have another question, what's the difference between Phoebus_16x16.png and Phoebus_16x16_Solid.png?

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey buddy, working like a champ in linux. Have another question, what's the difference between Phoebus_16x16.png and Phoebus_16x16_Solid.png?
Solid doesn't have the small rock symbols on stone layers; my nomenclature is a work of genius, I know, I know.  :P

So, you simply added the 'Package without game' to the Linux version of DF v0.31.06 then replaced the inits and it worked?

Gabriel A. Zorrilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Replaced the inits and copied the raw to every region and voilá.

SirBruce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Still no Olivine door fix?

Verdian

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Chef
    • View Profile

I don't suppose you would consider changing the mineral tiles to what RantingRodent used?

I find it looks much more natural and cleaner than having letters and symbols on all of the tiles, while still providing a lot of information.
ArkDelgato: Why is my house filled with vomit.
nahkh: Why ISN'T your house filled with vomit?!

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Still no Olivine door fix?
Sorry for leaving you hanging. I don't understand how a door could be drawn using the masterpiece tile.
I do not control which tile is used for doors, that's hard coded, I can only change the door tiles. The 'web' tile (masterpiece quality, web, gear assembly, rough gems, etc.) should have nothing to do with doors.
Could you show me a screenshot of the problem?

I don't suppose you would consider changing the mineral tiles to what RantingRodent used?

I find it looks much more natural and cleaner than having letters and symbols on all of the tiles, while still providing a lot of information.
The 'solid' version of the tileset is for the non-symbolic style, I was planning to do something like that with the mineral & gem tiles.
While the mineral & gem tiles are simple to deal with, I don't know what to do for iron ore and special rocks (like obsidian, flux and gypsum).

Raging Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • The mouse has become enraged! *DOUBLECLICK*
    • View Profile

I'd like to voice my support and laudation of your tileset. I think it is unbeaten in delivering a clear overview of the different minerals and metals on-screen. Especially iron ores, flux stones and coal sources are wonderfully simple to spot at a glance.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've created a new version of the solid tileset.
Mineral and Gem symbols have been changed to a more natural style.
Gems values chart is: 1 small gem (1-9), 2 small gems (10-29), 3 small gems (30-49) & 1 large gem (50+).
Mineral values chart is: 1 small mineral (1-4), 2 small mineral (5-10), 3 small mineral (11+) & 1 large mineral (iron)

Fuel, flux, plaster & specials have yet to be changed.

wurli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've created a new version of the solid tileset.
Mineral and Gem symbols have been changed to a more natural style.
Gems values chart is: 1 small gem (1-9), 2 small gems (10-29), 3 small gems (30-49) & 1 large gem (50+).
Mineral values chart is: 1 small mineral (1-4), 2 small mineral (5-10), 3 small mineral (11+) & 1 large mineral (iron)

Fuel, flux, plaster & specials have yet to be changed.

To be honest, I liked the old symbols better. They were easier to distinguish, with just the dot under the symbol changing.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 140