Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What are your most common reasons for losing a fort?

Dwarven Selection
- 113 (6.3%)
Wildlife
- 58 (3.2%)
Ambushes
- 154 (8.6%)
Sieges
- 207 (11.5%)
Undeads
- 118 (6.6%)
Forgotten Beasts
- 110 (6.1%)
Megabeasts
- 42 (2.3%)
The Circus
- 84 (4.7%)
FUN Spiral
- 286 (15.9%)
Dwarven Engineering
- 131 (7.3%)
FPS Death
- 396 (22%)
Other? (please specify)
- 97 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 879

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 140

Author Topic: [0.34.11v01] Phoebus' Graphic Set (0.34.11's one year anniversary update)  (Read 979640 times)

Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think there are some errors with outdated raws and init files. Toady made some changes that are not present in the graphic set.
For example, in your raws the second melting point of obsidian is still present. KEY_REPEAT_ACCEL_LIMIT and KEY_REPEAT_ACCEL_START are missing in the init.

Does this affect the current version of the tile set? Also, has anyone found a fix for the military displaying properly? I noticed a few tile sets have a partially working military but this one last I checked still only has masons for military dwarves.

asturias

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

with regards to the military unit tiles not showing - try changing the squad to active and then stationing them somewhere. At least my tiles change from whatever occupation the dwarf had to a military dwarf tile when they are given orders other than training. Haven't had a chance to play long enough to get a Champion yet, but presumably once dwarfs become Champions as their occupation, they would display as a military dwarf full time.

wurli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think there are some errors with outdated raws and init files. Toady made some changes that are not present in the graphic set.
For example, in your raws the second melting point of obsidian is still present. KEY_REPEAT_ACCEL_LIMIT and KEY_REPEAT_ACCEL_START are missing in the init.

Does this affect the current version of the tile set? Also, has anyone found a fix for the military displaying properly? I noticed a few tile sets have a partially working military but this one last I checked still only has masons for military dwarves.

I haven't checked the pre-installed version as I'm using linux. But the 2.1 package without the game has the outdated files.
The only problem that I can think of with these outdated raws is the reintroduction of already fixed bugs. Or, in case of the init, that the key acceleration might not work.

asturias

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I believe that the Pre-Installed package was the only item that was updated with .06 - the separate version is still using .05, which is why I was having a problem with putting together the build for my mac. Using /data and /raw from the pre-installed package should solve your issues.

wurli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I believe that the Pre-Installed package was the only item that was updated with .06 - the separate version is still using .05, which is why I was having a problem with putting together the build for my mac. Using /data and /raw from the pre-installed package should solve your issues.

Nope. Just downloaded the pre-installed version and made a diff between it and Toady's version. Files are outdated.
EDIT: Oh I just looked into file_changes.txt: init was already wrong for .05
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 01:07:42 pm by wurli »

Fedor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Would you provide a way for users of the legacy vesion of the latest DF to use your tileset?  I tried using 1.7.3 with DF v0.31.06, but ended up with messed up art icons and don't want to spend the time it'd take to hunt down and fix the problems.  I really just want a game that works, and doesn't look like crap, without spending more than 5 minutes on setup.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 09:28:39 pm by Fedor »
Fedor Andreev is a citizen of the Federated Endeavor. He is a member of the Wandering Minds.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*Updated* v2.1.1
Updated the Graphic Set's raws to include all the changes included in v0.31.05 and v0.31.06.
Fixed the savegame updater utility so it no longer complains about missing files.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay - built a successful Mac version using a much simpler method than I tried before.

Downloaded .06 for mac: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/df_31_06_osx.tar.bz2

Downloaded FULL version of Phoebus Pre-Installed Package for Windows: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2431

Copied and overwrote /data and /raw folder from windows to mac version.

Game works perfectly - presumably this would be an identical process for building a Linux version.

Thanks for the incredible tileset, Phoebus (all all other contributors)! Now if only I can carve out some free time to actually play...
Dear Lord. *slaps forehead*

I was getting a lot of complains about my custom init.txt files overwriting users preferences in the earlier versions.
So now the patch package comes with renamed init.txt and init_d.txt files so they don't overwrite your custom inits every time you patch to the latest version.
I probably should notify about that.

At any rate, once I'll find an utility to compress archives in the correct format, I'll start releasing Mac pre-installed packages.

Nope. Just downloaded the pre-installed version and made a diff between it and Toady's version. Files are outdated.
EDIT: Oh I just looked into file_changes.txt: init was already wrong for .05
That is correct, I did not expect changes to the raws, did not read "file changes.txt" and did not re-apply all of my raw changes to their .05 and .06 versions.
I created a new version with those changes included.
*edit* That key repeat acceleration is really useful.

Would you provide a way for users of the legacy vesion of the latest DF to use your tileset?  I tried using 1.7.3 with DF v0.31.06, but ended up with messed up art icons and don't want to spend the time it'd take to hunt down and fix the problems.  I really just want a game that works, and doesn't look like crap, without spending more than 5 minutes on setup.
I could barely stop myself from cramming the BMP tileset into the 'guest room' then pulling the lever.
What's the advantage in using the legacy version of the latest DF?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 11:34:33 pm by Phoebus »

Roop

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I've been using the legacy version of 31_06 :P.  When I've tried the windows version I got all sorts of weird text problems along the right side of my screen.  In any case, I love your tileset, and modified it a bit so it'll look good with the legacy version.  Thanks :).

Langdon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just a small fix - I had to add [TRAINED_WAR] tags for giant jaguars, giant leopards and the various bears - for when you buy tame animals from elves and train them at the kennel (turning them into War Leopards and War Jaguars, etc).

Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

SO I can just take the raw files and throw them into the new version and be ok or will I need to regen my world?

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

SO I can just take the raw files and throw them into the new version and be ok or will I need to regen my world?
Download the newest pre-installed package.
Unpack it next to your old version.
Copy your savegame from the old to the new version.
Use the savegame updater utility.
Play.

SirBruce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi, first time poster and new DF player.  Great graphic set!

Quick bug: I'm running to latest DF_31_06_Phoebus_2_1_1 with a savegame updated from 31.05 (yes, I used the savegame updater) and noticed that Olivine doors don't look like doors; they look like a starburst of some sort.  Thought you'd want to know.

njero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Phoebus, which package would I grab to if I wanted to revert the web tile to the old style? Is it as simple as copying over that square in the .PNG file or were there RAW changes when that was implemented?

I just really find that tile jarring and out of place. Everything else is very well put together.
these aren't buzzards, they're cliff racers!

Fedor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I could barely stop myself from cramming the BMP tileset into the 'guest room' then pulling the lever.
What's the advantage in using the legacy version of the latest DF?
I want to use the SDL version, I really do.  But, despite having a fast computer, a fairly good graphics card, and fully updated drivers, the SDL version exhibits more screen flashing for me than I can really tolerate.  Having the screen flash at you every time you stop using the 'k', 'v', etc. commands is no fun.
Fedor Andreev is a citizen of the Federated Endeavor. He is a member of the Wandering Minds.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 140