Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Crested Lanterns Fortress Design  (Read 3402 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Crested Lanterns Fortress Design
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2010, 01:21:12 am »

Oh yes, bonus points if you manage to keep her alive as well.

She should survive absolutely anything. I put a ceiling on her cell. I'll probably put every elf in cages and lock them up to keep anyone from dying and starting WW-XXIV.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

UnrealJake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2010, 03:40:02 am »

Hmm, dig underground too, where you will keep small farms. Pump stacks to act as xylem and stairs to act as phloem, to transport the water and plants respectively, then at the top are kitchens/breweries.
Huochong sounds like what you hear when a ninja hits somebody with a frying pan.

"HUOOOOOOOOOO-"
*CHONG*

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2010, 01:55:01 pm »

Hmm, dig underground too, where you will keep small farms. Pump stacks to act as xylem and stairs to act as phloem, to transport the water and plants respectively, then at the top are kitchens/breweries.

I may have to convert my brewery/cooking area into this at sometime.
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2010, 02:42:43 pm »

May I suggest you build a boat?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2010, 03:10:46 pm »

May I suggest you build a boat?

An idea to be sure, but one that has been done before and in many different ways that I'm not sure what I could do that is unique or different. I mean seriously have you seen the giant spaceship that has been build... I forget the things name but it was epic.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2010, 03:13:44 pm »

Who needs originality? STYLE, man. Make it entirely out of glass. Give it a magma cannon. There are a lot of ways to add awesome to an old idea.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2010, 03:18:45 pm »

Who needs originality? STYLE, man. Make it entirely out of glass. Give it a magma cannon. There are a lot of ways to add awesome to an old idea.

I do have sand on the map... I think, however I'll put this idea on the back burner.

It does have me brainstorming about what i'm going to be doing for my power plant.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2010, 09:13:32 pm »

I think I'm going to murder these elves and abandon fortress. This aquifer is killing my efforts to get into stone, and I can't build the tunnel tube up to the root of the tree like I wanted.

You should build a giant double helix spiral leading up to a huge sphere 50 z-levels above the ground and put your nobles in it/drop sacrifices from the bottom of the sphere into a pit. Like DNA without the amino acid pairs.

It was in a dream of mine. Humanity and some alien cow-lizards were fighting a war and this thing was like the ultimate goal because it held a portal/powerful artifact. There was a gun-motorcycle chase scene up to the top, where there was a wizard battle. :P It was actually like half a mile high.

Murder on your pc if you actually gen a world with more than a few z-levels open space above ground. :D
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2010, 11:40:32 pm »

I think I'm going to murder these elves and abandon fortress. This aquifer is killing my efforts to get into stone, and I can't build the tunnel tube up to the root of the tree like I wanted.

You should build a giant double helix spiral leading up to a huge sphere 50 z-levels above the ground and put your nobles in it/drop sacrifices from the bottom of the sphere into a pit. Like DNA without the amino acid pairs.

It was in a dream of mine. Humanity and some alien cow-lizards were fighting a war and this thing was like the ultimate goal because it held a portal/powerful artifact. There was a gun-motorcycle chase scene up to the top, where there was a wizard battle. :P It was actually like half a mile high.

Murder on your pc if you actually gen a world with more than a few z-levels open space above ground. :D

I'm sure the falling water will be murder on the fps, but I'm more than aware of that and am ready for it.

UnrealJake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2010, 05:09:13 am »

Create a working damn, that's several Z levels high, with sluices at the top.

Completely redundant and inefficient, will lower your FPS, cost a bit of stone (Or wood if you're a beaver) and some dwarves may die.

Do it.
Huochong sounds like what you hear when a ninja hits somebody with a frying pan.

"HUOOOOOOOOOO-"
*CHONG*

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2010, 01:44:10 pm »

Create a working damn, that's several Z levels high, with sluices at the top.

Completely redundant and inefficient, will lower your FPS, cost a bit of stone (Or wood if you're a beaver) and some dwarves may die.

Do it.

I'm liking this idea for a power plant although it would take a little pumping to actually be feasible... and there is also the problem of not being able to build near the end of the map.
Pages: 1 2 [3]