Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 128

Author Topic: Fallout: New Vegas  (Read 212075 times)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: New Vegas
« Reply #1440 on: March 10, 2015, 10:19:47 am »

@Talking Lanius down.

I agree, it is a really satisfying end, however I see it more as... Humiliation more than winning.

The Legate Lanius, a hard hitting sonofabitch is told off by a goon/woman and agrees!? I thought he was a big badass. Sure, he tells us strategic reasons were why, but for all we know he could be lying. Maybe he got scared. Some badass general he is.

Down with the legate!

:P

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: March 10, 2015, 02:24:45 pm »

Literally have never done Caesars quests, face too explodable.

Besides. I almost always max out Speech. Killing Caesar and talking the Legate down at the final battle gets you seriously one of the best endings overall, IMO.

I prefer to headshot Lanius wih the anti-tank gun before he becomes aware of my presence
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: March 10, 2015, 05:55:23 pm »

I'm thinking of playing on the side of the legion as an evil hitler-eske guy that goes full melee/unarmed guy using a special build that makes use of that one perk that lets you regen by being irradiated + heavy armor and melee perks, and just be a huge evil bastard to everyone except maybe the legion. Too bad there doesnt seem to be a special questline to depose caesar and take over the legion for yourself.

Too bad the early game for new vegas is kinda boring. I wish there was a mod that allowed me to respec my character.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: March 10, 2015, 08:26:12 pm »

Rad Child is what you're thinking of TempAcc. Never go without it.

And instead of being MWAHAHA evil by siding with the Legion, how about you base your character around betraying EVERYONE you come in contact with. Its a thing you can do.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: March 10, 2015, 09:32:15 pm »

I suggest Melee over Unarmed, just because the unarmed specific attacks are both hard to pull off in a fight and utterly ineffective compared to a super-sledge to the face. You're basically forced to use some kind of power fist and basic attacks for unarmed, but there's several melee weapon-specific attacks that are effective.

Unless you want to completely rely the VATS-cheatery that teleports you into melee range, but that's boring quick.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: March 11, 2015, 02:14:41 am »

In my experience the main use of the unarmed skill is purely to meet prerequisites for melee perks (slayer, etc.)
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: March 11, 2015, 02:15:46 am »

You can also learn unarmed moves and become a gimmick character.

I wonder if I can make a radchild luchador...
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: March 11, 2015, 06:00:37 am »

In my experience the main use of the unarmed skill is purely to meet prerequisites for melee perks (slayer, etc.)

This, though there are mods to make it similar to certain other perks that require guns or energy weapons (e.g.: Have X amount of skill in Melee OR Unarmed, not both).

I'm wondering why they required both, as if you're playing a melee based character, you likely won't have all that many skill points to begin with because of the required secondary powers such as high Strength, Endurance, and a bit of Agility and Luck, potentially leaving Intelligence behind a bit.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: March 11, 2015, 06:49:56 am »

This, though there are mods to make it similar to certain other perks that require guns or energy weapons (e.g.: Have X amount of skill in Melee OR Unarmed, not both).

I'm wondering why they required both, as if you're playing a melee based character, you likely won't have all that many skill points to begin with because of the required secondary powers such as high Strength, Endurance, and a bit of Agility and Luck, potentially leaving Intelligence behind a bit.

Related to the unarmed part. The let's player "LethalFeline" has done a play through of Fallout: New Vegas as an unarmed combatant. Also ones of Skyrim, Daggerfall and Fallout 3. Possibly some other ones. Maybe give a watch, it might give you some ideas or on potential mods that might help.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1449 on: March 11, 2015, 06:56:31 am »

Ultimately it's unrealistic that you have to unlock most of these doors anyway, given that you're usually armed with explosives and/or a chainsaw or sledgehammer
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: March 11, 2015, 08:04:09 am »

Yea I was thinking unarmed because of slayer and the fact unarmed critical hits are way more powerful then melee weapon ones (while melee weapons hit harder by default, but their crits kinda suck by comparison with a few exceptions), but I guess that would end up making my gameplay consist mostly of VATS based attacks and etc, which would prob get boring fairly quickly. Eventualy I'd go both melee and unarmed (melee for ninja, unarmed for slayer). I just love the shotgun fist weapon though, but I do like the idea of running around and chainsawing stuff/using the knock-knock/oh-baby! . And yes, rad child is the perk I was thinking about.

I'm thinking of starting with low charisma (since I'll be a megajerk), decent endurance, strenght and agility, and about 9 luck for critical hits AND a rather cheaty plan of abusing the blackjack tables in new vegas to get me tons of money so I can use implants early.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: March 11, 2015, 08:08:51 am »

Ultimately it's unrealistic that you have to unlock most of these doors anyway, given that you're usually armed with explosives and/or a chainsaw or sledgehammer

Hmmph. I found a mod at one point that let you use something to remove those doors. If only I could remember what it was.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: March 11, 2015, 09:26:34 am »

Hmmph. I found a mod at one point that let you use something to remove those doors. If only I could remember what it was.

Cherrybombs stuck in the locks.
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1453 on: March 11, 2015, 09:27:55 am »

I mean I'm wearing strength-enhancing powered armor and there is a flimsy door ahead of me which is hanging half off its hinges but oh noes I cannot pick zee lock however will I get inside?

Kick door! Make Open! Drink Vodka!

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: March 11, 2015, 09:50:24 am »

What the hell was that door even "guarding", anyway?
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 128