Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Shia LeBeouf Promises Better "Transformers Movie" Next Time  (Read 4551 times)

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
Re: Shia LeBeouf Promises Better "Transformers Movie" Next Time
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2010, 02:59:57 am »

I just want Shai Lebeof to stop being in action movies. Hes not a god damn action movie star, and he needs to stay the fuck out.

I liked him in Holes, and the Rear View remake. I thought he was good in those. Do more of those type of roles. Stay the fuck out of my action movies. I also liked him in Constantine, but he was this sorta plucky mouthy side kick thing.

Bay Transformer movies are utter crap. Wondrous wet dreams, but no substance. The first one, was really just an interesting collection of scenes that Bay claimed was a plot. The second one streamed the bits together better, but still just a collection of cool scenes with explosions.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2010, 03:15:05 am »

Bay Transformer movies are utter crap. Wondrous wet dreams, but no substance. The first one, was really just an interesting collection of scenes that Bay claimed was a plot. The second one streamed the bits together better, but still just a collection of cool scenes with explosions.
How was that different from the rest of the transformers franchise?

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2010, 03:18:09 am »

but still just a collection of cool scenes with explosions.

Yep, and they were some of the coolest scenes and explosionest explosions i've ever seen. It was great!

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2010, 03:35:47 am »

Hey now, there is an extensive history with the franchise. I'm not as much of a fanboy of Transformer as others are. I'm mostly just a fan of Beast Wars, and because its continues and concludes the series Beast Machines. Though I really wish Beast Machine didnt exist.

Beast Wars really had a plot there.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2010, 03:43:24 am »

Hey now, there is an extensive history with the franchise. I'm not as much of a fanboy of Transformer as others are. I'm mostly just a fan of Beast Wars, and because its continues and concludes the series Beast Machines. Though I really wish Beast Machine didnt exist.

Well OK, Beast Wars was pretty good. But even at it's best, the Transformers cartoon were not much more than a 30 minute toy commercial.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2010, 06:27:44 am »

But at least they were legible toy commercials. And toy commercials generally don't save your soul.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2010, 08:15:52 am »

Well OK, Beast Wars was pretty good. But even at it's best, the Transformers cartoon were not much more than a 30 minute toy commercial.

The original cartoon transformers movie is awesome. It's one of my all time favorite films. Yeah the TV series was terrible... But that film rules.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2010, 02:51:13 pm »

But at least they were legible toy commercials. And toy commercials generally don't save your soul.

Wow... awesome.

and so, on the eighth day, God did turn into a truck, and all the creatures of the land did see that he was more than metith their eyes..."

http://churchofprime.wordpress.com/
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 03:11:19 pm by Ioric Kittencuddler »
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2010, 03:55:00 pm »

So people need to talk with explosions, and we can all be happy.

MORSE CODE IN EXPLOSIONS:

BAM BAM BAM!
BOOM...BOOM...BOOM!
BAM BAM BAM!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2010, 04:05:02 pm »

I rather liked his work as Goon #3 on Miami Vice.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2010, 05:04:54 pm »

So people need to talk with explosions, and we can all be happy.

MORSE CODE IN EXPLOSIONS:

BAM BAM BAM!
BOOM...BOOM...BOOM!
BAM BAM BAM!

That would be amazing and you know it.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2010, 05:21:22 am »

Boom kablam kablewy, boom. Kaploop, APLODE, boom kaboom.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2010, 09:13:08 pm »

Does neither he nor Michael Bay get it? It's not about "crazy action scenes" or "human issues", it's about the god damn Transformers. THAT'S THE TITLE OF THE SERIES.

The thing to keep in mind here: Michael Bay is good at neither of these things.

I've seen the first Transformers movie he made. It's fucking awful. Most of it is just Some Unsympathetic Tool And His Magic Car, filled with really juvenile and ineffective comic relief (Michael Bay is some sort of toddler, I wager). The action scenes are kind of indistinct and bad, and he has no clue whatsoever how to maintain continuity in a scene (in one scene, there are a slew of giant robots who straight-up disappear from the scene spontaneously and in a consequential manner, and at another point in the movie, it goes from middle of the day to middle of the night instantaneously via the magic of editing). The writing is bad, the action is very expensive-looking but not even that great, the acting is bad, everything's just bad.

It was too stupid to work on any sort of serious human level, the robots weren't good enough for them punching each other to be interesting, and there wasn't enough of it, so it didn't succeed as an action movie either, and the comedy was virtually entirely composed of sixth-grade-style pee/sex jokes, so it doesn't even work as a silly farce. And it's two and a half hours long. And the second one is said to be worse.

tldr version: Michael Bay is an idiot toddler and doesn't know what he's doing and probably never will.

Oh, sidenote to Megan Fox: You did not display any legitimate acting ability in Transformers. Whether this was the fault of you or the director, it does not say anything good about you as an actress. You want to be taken seriously as an actress, yet the only thing you are known for is being (allegedly) attractive. Take your head out of your ass and actually start trying.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2010, 09:18:18 pm »

Give Bay a break, he was great at doing action movies in the 90s. Bad Boys I was a great film. Armageddon was also pretty sweet. But you don't go to watch a movie about human issues. You go to watch sweet fight scenes and explosions.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2010, 09:20:20 pm »

Except he failed at that too.

And for what it's worth, it doesn't take a hell of a lot of talent to throw a bunch of special effects technology and a $100-million budget at something and get something that looks vaguely cool.

I'm not going to give him a break for Transformers because it was a terrible movie in most possible ways, was rather painful to watch, yet is still inexplicably popular, presumably through sheer force of marketing and nostalgia value/name recognition.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4