Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Next Question: Lord Spikyhelm Tarquin Tyrinar?

Lawful Good
Lawful Neutral
Lawful Evil
Is a pretty cool guy. Eh trips Haley and doesn't afraid of anything.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: The Awesome of the Stick [Spoilers, of course]  (Read 13839 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: The Awesome of the Stick [Spoilers, of course]
« Reply #90 on: May 17, 2010, 09:49:07 pm »

I think Nale's the same sort of thing Miko was, a caricature of a poorly-played LE character (in the same way that Miko was a caricature of a badly-played paladin).
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 17, 2010, 09:54:40 pm »

And once again my assumptions are proved correct. If your pole includes one silly option, that's the only option people are going to pick. Do you agree?

Yes
No
Worcestershire sauce

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 17, 2010, 09:56:34 pm »

I voted Lawful Good    8)
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 17, 2010, 09:59:05 pm »

And once again my assumptions are proved correct. If your pole includes one silly option, that's the only option people are going to pick. Do you agree?

Yes
No
Worcestershire sauce

D) All of the above.

Yeah, I kinda voted option 4 too. Partly because while I'm still not sure what his alignment is, we can all agree that he's a pretty cool guy.

--

I can't remember, but I read somewhere that LE characters are "Dominators", CE characters are "Destroyers", and NE characters are "Greedy Pricks."
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 18, 2010, 12:15:54 am »

Alright. I'm getting the vibe that he became a ruthless warlord just to make the plot better.

My god I love this guy.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 18, 2010, 01:31:40 am »

I am caught up. Yay.
Now I need to read CH2 of Erfworld.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 21, 2010, 01:38:29 am »

I am caught up. Yay.
Now I need to read CH2 of Erfworld.

If you don't mind the usually sub-par text updates, the actual Ch2 is pretty good. Moving kinda slow, though.

EDIT: Okay, I just checked today's update?

The Linear Guild is apparently pretty high level, if they can survive fighting a powerful cleric, a young adult dragon, and a goofy guy.

Malack is probably anywhere from 12th to 16th level. Although, if Nale killed his kids, why didn't he just raise them? I looked at the d20 SRD, and apparently if he can cast Blade Barrier, then he's the right level for Raise Dead and Resurrection.

What
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 01:47:25 am by Vester »
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 21, 2010, 03:56:54 am »

Could be that he simply can't afford it. The bounty on Nale is from the kingdom's coffers, not his own pockets, and Resurrection is very expensive. Or he might not have the bodies.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 21, 2010, 05:29:15 am »

Yeah, that's why I put his level at 12-16. I'm thinking Nale used extremely destructive means on his sons, so he can't resurrect them because he needs their pieces. If he were 17th level, he could have raised them no matter what.

Bardum Idith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 21, 2010, 06:21:46 am »

Malack is probably anywhere from 12th to 16th level. Although, if Nale killed his kids, why didn't he just raise them?

AFAIK Celia once said that minor NPCs cannot be raised. It was when she, Belkar and Haley hid in that blind man's house.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 21, 2010, 06:29:13 am »

No, CELIA can't be raised, because she's an outsider. When she dies. she'll be reabsorbed into the elemental plane of air.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 21, 2010, 03:17:55 pm »

Nale might have killed his kids a while ago, though. There is a point after which raising does not work, one would assume. If so, Roy was probably pushing that point very closely.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 21, 2010, 03:56:15 pm »

By d20 rules, the only things that matters as far as resurrection goes are the condition of the corpse, the location of the corpse, and the condition of the soul. Raise Dead requires you to have the whole corpse in fresh condition, Resurrection requires you to have a piece of the corpse, while Reincarnate and True Resurrection the corpse is irrelevant. All require the soul to still exist, be willing to return, and not be imprisoned.   

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 18, 2010, 10:50:18 pm »

Man, my thread died.

Also? Tarquin is Bluebeard.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 18, 2010, 10:54:32 pm »

Also? Tarquin is Bluebeard.
To make it more dramatic and unexpected, he's probably more akin to blackbeard.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8