Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Future dwarfare- We all die one day.  (Read 4720 times)

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Future dwarfare- We all die one day.
« on: May 06, 2010, 10:52:08 pm »

Hello people, after 5 periods of utter rubbish at school i came up with an idea for an RTD. A five man, your gona die REAL fast RTD. Heres the basics.

Your in the era of spaceships, plasma rifles, old but still working balistic guns, drop pods, orbital strikes and more. Also I will be playing as the "commander" of the whole war zone on the side of the dwarves. How ever, should you become important you can change things and make things happen acording to jobs etc.

Basics:

Your a new recruit, fresh in from the motherlands of the united state of dwarf-land. Your fighting the facist goblins for control of a major beach point entry area. Your way in can be in many ways or not in at all. You make the choice.

Health:
6:Your fine, dont sweat it
5:A few cuts a bruises, the normal state of a "healthy" soldier.
4:Those cuts are stacking up, be carefull
3:(reached only when you have been hit in non-serious area). God dam it, hold the beach! The medics coming!
2:(heavy bleeding, infection, critical hit, unable to move but if hands still work SHOOT) Jesus man, hold on!
1:(Super critical hit (head, heart), will be Evaced ASAP ) I need an EVAC here!
0:(the one before death, has been known for people at this to stand up and fight to the death)Hes almost gone..
-1:(DEATH) Dont bother... hes gone..

Mental:
6:Lifes good, what could honestly happen?
5:That bullet wound on that guy looked bad, poor guy.
4: Did i just?.... Nah never mind
3:(When hit with non-critical hit, graphic scene) Calm down, calm down...
2:(Death of freind, bad hit, very graphic scene) AH!!
1:(Edge of madness, not much to go) There after me... THERE AFTER ME!
0:(MAD, will do very wierd things, possible recovery from mental docter (trust me there arent many)) AHAHAHAHA!

This is based in an era with advanced rifles, tactics, orbital strikes, drop pods and more are in. ALOT can happen.

First in first served, stuff you need to put:

Name:
Basic discription:
Class:(Scouter, rifleman, heavy weapons, artilary, navy man, gunner, officer (very low rank here), engineer, medic, supply officer, spaceship fighter pilot, dropship pilot, spaceship worker, radio man, squad captain, spaceship officer (still low rank), drop pod unit and more if you just ask.)
ONE special item:

PLAYERS:

Barlo IronFin, controled by Maldevious
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Jack Uriston, controled by Jetsquirrel

Urist Oiledlamp, controled by maxicaxi

Sarvish Firebeard, controled by Spartan 117

Sven, controled by tehstefan

Waiting List
Archan Numetic, controled by kilakan
Baldur Firebeard, controlled by ragnarok97071

name: Agno Spikedankle - Controled by wolfchild

5 people at a time how ever, loads of deaths will happen, you might not even make 3 turns if your unlucky!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 07:10:29 am by nuker w »

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Modern dwarfare- We all die one day.
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 01:05:33 am »

So it's Normandy Beach with dwarves?
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 01:50:49 am »

So it's Normandy Beach with dwarves?

Shure, thats a way to look at it i guess.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 04:24:35 am »

Major change made, now based in furture, 5 people at a time, me as the overall commander, its all happening here  :D

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future dwarfare- We all die one day.
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 08:54:54 am »

In.

Name: Balro IronFin
Basic Description: Short, even by dwarf standards, but muscular. A curly black beard that is a foot long obscures most of his face, but his eyes are a piercing light blue. His nose is rather bulbous, and he is usually covered in grime.
Class: Rifleman
Special item: IronFin family pendant (small silver pendant passed down through generations)

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 12:15:24 pm »

Name: Jack Uriston
Basic discription: A average guy with brown short hair and greenish eyes, he likes human anatomy and that got him in as a medic
Class:MEDIC
ONE special item: Human Body Health Analyzer

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 01:20:18 pm »

name: urist oiledlamp
Basic discription: a tall guy, for a dwarf he is otherwise average  with blackish hair
class: scout
ONE special item: bonk atomic beer generator

i just had to
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 01:24:21 pm by maxicaxi »
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 02:09:22 pm »

Name: Sarvish Firebeard
Basic discription: A dwarf with a red beard
Class: Drop pod soldier
ONE special item: An adamantine-edged combat knife
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 03:30:09 pm »

Name: Sven
Basic discription: He's a black haired, average sized dwarf, stocky built, and ready to give some pain.
Class:Rifleman
ONE special item: magnum pistol he keeps on his person.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2010, 05:31:11 pm »

Lets start this puppy up.

Name: Sven
Basic discription: He's a black haired, average sized dwarf, stocky built, and ready to give some pain.
Class:Rifleman
ONE special item: magnum pistol he keeps on his person.

In.

Name: Balro IronFin
Basic Description: Short, even by dwarf standards, but muscular. A curly black beard that is a foot long obscures most of his face, but his eyes are a piercing light blue. His nose is rather bulbous, and he is usually covered in grime.
Class: Rifleman
Special item: IronFin family pendant (small silver pendant passed down through generations)

The two sit together talking in hushed tones. "Are you shure we can do this? I hear the brainiacs back in the motherland say our odds of even landing are low" said Barlo, twisting his hand around his beard. "Dont be so negative Comrade, the goblins will fall in no time" said Sven, checking his pistol was loaded and ready. 6 shots in the gun, two full clips on the belt and one half filled one in my pack he kept saying to him self. Barlo just kept on stroking his pendent, lowering his heart rate. Suddenly a red light turned on and the sound of klaxons were heard folowed by "All riflemen units report to drop ships for launch, All riflemen units report to drop ships for launch". The two dwarves sighed and hefted there rifles and walked to the ship dock.

name: urist oiledlamp
Basic discription: a tall guy, for a dwarf he is otherwise average  with blackish hair
class: scout
ONE special item: bonk atomic beer generator

i just had to

Sitting in your little silent but deadly drop pod, you start to fall to the Earth. In the dark of the night, the spotlights fail to see you drop in. With a loud bang you hit the ground just on the outskirts of the area. Pressing a button, you realise your stupid pod door is jammed. AGAIN. You think to yourself that you need to have a talk to managment about this. Using your hight and weight you slam into the door a bit to hard and go flying out onto the ground... At least your out.

Name: Jack Uriston
Basic discription: A average guy with brown short hair and greenish eyes, he likes human anatomy and that got him in as a medic
Class:MEDIC
ONE special item: Human Body Health Analyzer

You sit in the secondery launch water ship filled with supplys and medical gear. You listen as your secondery military unit commander talks to you about only helping the ones that can be helped. As he continues to ramble on, you check your medical kit and your own personal human body analyser is in working condition. Suddenly the commander gets a call from the radio operator, the invasions about to happen. You cross your self and wait for the call for the seconderys.

Name: Sarvish Firebeard
Basic discription: A dwarf with a red beard
Class: Drop pod soldier
ONE special item: An adamantine-edged combat knife

Bored, you sit there flicking your fingernails off with your very own Adamantine-edged combat knife. You can feel the other drop soldiers lust for your item but you dont care. Suddenly alarm bells start to clang and the drop pod doors open, welcoming you into them. You walk up to your very own customised one (if your droping into hell at least make the way in nice) and sit down. Putting the knife back in its case and grab your pod controls tightly, listening to the yells of the commanders on the lines.

Quote from: nuker w
Name: "The Commander", real name unknown.
Basic discription: Black eyes, black heart and black personalty as the other commanders say. No one says it to his face though as they dont want to be on the next drop ship going towards the enemys AA guns. No one really know what he looks like, as he is nearly always in full body armour.
Class:Supreme Commander
ONE special item: A satalite phone direct to supreme HQ.

With a loud sigh, the man in control sits down in his chair, where his head advisor rushes up to him and starts talking quickly. "Stop talking you idiot" he sighs, "Drop the invasion clearing bombs, and lets see what the goblins think of it".

OVERALL STATUS:

Ground clearing bombs being droped, all basic units are ready to launch, drop soldiers to be droped straight after detonation to clear ground for weaker rifleman, scouts in place, engineers ready to construct the beach HQ once landed. Democratic elves seen trying to remove civilian targets. Removel of them may be needed. God save the mothercountrys soldiers.

OOC: Post your turns people, we are ready to roll.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 08:09:52 pm by nuker w »

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2010, 05:41:20 pm »

Balro:
Sitting in my drop ship, I check my rifle again and go over the plan in my head.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2010, 06:00:54 pm »

Holster my magnum for when its needed, and care to my rifle. I do have a rifle, right?
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2010, 08:59:34 pm »

I'd like in on the waiting list!
Name: Archan Numetic
Basic discription: short(for a dwarf) twitchy, quick, yet steady when it counts.
Class: demolitions (if you don't mind, if not then:engineer)
ONE special item: full face blast mask.
Nom nom nom

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2010, 09:06:47 pm »

Your in the waiting list under "Demolition Engineer", you shoudint have to wait to long.  8)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2010, 09:52:18 pm »

Please Allow me to join.
Name: Baldur Firebeard
Type: Artillerydwarf
Description: dark eyes, one of which glows with range-calculation implants, light brown, smoldering beard (from artillery backwash) USDLA Uniform, moves constantly and surrounds himself with his newest artillery concoctions.
Special Item: Boundless Outbound Options (Munitions), a portable artillery ammunition supply and creation kit.
Other Gear: Boundless Outbound Options (Main), his artillery launcher.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 10:38:30 pm by ragnarok97071 »
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company
Pages: [1] 2 3