Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22

Author Topic: The 7th Fleet  (Read 17497 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: The 7th Fleet
« Reply #105 on: May 07, 2010, 02:50:54 pm »

Yes, and they can be quite annoying if in great enough numbers, also can we use alien tech?
I would love to stick some impeder modules on my ship to make it even better in supporting other ships
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 07, 2010, 02:59:44 pm »

Yes, and they can be quite annoying if in great enough numbers, also can we use alien tech?
I would love to stick some impeder modules on my ship to make it even better in supporting other ships

Remind me, what did those do? Build weapons platforms?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 07, 2010, 03:05:25 pm »

They have a medium range in which they target up to eight enemy projectiles(missles, bullets those kinds of things) and slow them down to a halt, can be very powerfull against drones and artillery ships tht have a low ROF, and they can be deployed as platforms but that's another module
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 08, 2010, 12:38:06 am »

Ah.
You can get one, if you really need it when the time comes.
Even though you're a support ship, you still headed quite close to the enemy in the last update. Maybe you should get rid of any short-range guns you have?

EDIT: Huh, you have missiles and that railgun, both are long-range guns. Oh well, it was probably just me forgotting your fire support role and giving you a move-to order right into their midst.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 12:46:27 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 08, 2010, 02:07:50 am »

Interesting.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 08, 2010, 02:53:50 am »

Interesting.

Care to pick a ship?

Fortis, I'll get you your new Purgatory-like ship now. You'll also be seeing tougher enemies, and in higher numbers. If I don't screw up while building them, that is... damned Battlebarge...

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 08, 2010, 02:55:59 am »

Nah, I prefer watching.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 08, 2010, 05:02:17 am »

We're just sitting here, glaring at the Remnant ships by the planet. They're probably doing the same thing.
Everybody's on the edge. I myself hope there will be no conflict. They might not have a lot of ships present, but they carry guns that can make more than a few dents in the Purgatory.
Speaking of which, the third ship of this class has been finished and has joined us. There's something strange about the captain and the crew, but Command didn't reply to my queries. Oh well. They call the ship Redemption.
The Remnant Fleets also have ships stationed on nearby worlds, and I'm sure they'll be more than glad to join their brethren if things get bloody.

The news finally reach you; Prospero has become a real warzone. Apparently, there has been an assassination attempt on the (Remnant-loyal) planetary governor's life,
which has finally ignited the world. The military is fighting itself, the civilian population is fighting itself and the administration is fighting itself.
The Remnant ships have powered up their systems but have yet to do anything alarming, but they're clearly preparing for combat.
Captain Argunn gets on the comm; Command has told him to send a few of his ships up to secure the Old Theocracy databanks sitting in the asteroid field, while the rest
stay with the main force and prepare for battle. It is likely the Remnant Fleets will rather destroy the databanks rather than allow them to fall to the enemy.

Which ships shall be chosen for this task?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 05:08:59 am by Digital Hellhound »

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 08, 2010, 05:41:41 am »

Having regained control of himself, Caesar surveyed the crew. "Alright, ladies and gentlemen, there's shit coming up. Now, I would like to know whether you want to get the 'big battle-shit', or the 'Retrieve the package from hell-shit'." Even before his crew could answer, he raised his hand, starting to talk to himself.
"Yes?"
He answered with a weak attempt at a womenly voice.
"We'll retrieve the package from hell, of course!"
He looked at his crew again, talking normally. "That's right. Now where's the fun in staying here when we can go get something from hell and return alive?! Besides, some sight-seeing'll be good for y'all." He smiled at his crew, hoping that they would survive the next few battles. He was getting.. Used to them. The rest of the fleet though, he didn't quite know. They'd probably hate him. Everybody hated him. It's why he was put in a psychiatric hospital after making suggestions to how to manage the state. Still, he managed to wipe his records and get himself to be hired as ship captain.

"You're dismissed." His crew went back to either their stations, or their bunks. He opened communications, glad that he didn't have those screen things where you get to see the face of who you're speaking to, and, even worse, where they get to see your face.

"Volunteering to go secure those databanks. Tornis out."
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 05:44:19 am by Caesar »
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 08, 2010, 06:06:33 am »

Another ship can volunteer as well. Third ship's going to be an NPC.

Also, I finally figured out exactly how I had screwed up the Battlebarge and my now-deleted battleship. The Parenting Links; critical central sections were linked to a weak, outer section. When that got destroyed, the link also detonates the large part, which itself hosts quite a number of links, resulting in a massive explosion that cuts the ship in two. Hey, atleast it looks pretty.

Another thing that's probably caused by this; guns staying even when the section they're sitting on is destroyed; they're linked to a section that's still intact and thus hover in space, looking very stupid. It'd take too long to fix ships suffering from this, mainly the Watchman, so just pretend you don't see flying guns in updates.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 06:10:45 am by Digital Hellhound »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 08, 2010, 06:31:05 am »

Can I... Make a 'Bad Guy'???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 08, 2010, 06:39:05 am »

Not right now, no. Maybe later, when we're done with the Remnant Fleets.

EDIT: In other news, I've spent nearly an hour building a proper Battleship. I'm tempted to name it 'Compensating for Something'.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 06:40:40 am by Digital Hellhound »

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 08, 2010, 06:41:44 am »

You could name it 'Compensation' or 'Payback'.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #118 on: May 08, 2010, 06:43:35 am »

I'm going in with my ship. Which I will eventually upgrade to a Cronus.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 08, 2010, 06:44:11 am »

Mmh.
I need a class name, those fit as names for the ships themselves. The now-deleted one's name was Imperator, but I want something else for this.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22