Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22

Author Topic: The 7th Fleet  (Read 17499 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: The 7th Fleet
« Reply #90 on: May 07, 2010, 12:05:45 pm »

Will put up RP later.

Hey, Digital Hellhound, how much damage (if at all) did the Lucky Punk take?
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 07, 2010, 12:12:40 pm »

Only light damage, it didn't lose any sections. Your new flanking AI pretty much kept it safe from harm. (It can backfire spectaculary though, when a ship gets between two ships, trying to flank the first one.)
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 07, 2010, 12:14:57 pm »

Ooh. I'm gonna write a bit about the ship saving survivors, due to the whole Geneva Convention thingy.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 07, 2010, 12:16:02 pm »

Speed upgrades for me.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 07, 2010, 12:21:05 pm »

Speed upgrades for me.

You don't get upgrades right now, but I'll keep that in mind.

Hehe, as Command is probably gonna keep Fortus's identity secret, let's hope he doesn't run into any of his old pirate buddies Acanthus is gonna save.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 07, 2010, 12:49:43 pm »

Ahem. You misspelled my ship's name. Usually it wouldn't matter, but it's a reference. It's  Rorschach

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 07, 2010, 12:50:24 pm »

Aww, I kinda had a feeling I might've misspelled it. Oh well, fixing.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 07, 2010, 01:36:17 pm »

How about he names the new ship after his old one then? And yes, he's been in quite a few scraps. And he knows how to capture starships more or less intact, which I imagine would be a valuable skill for our group.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 07, 2010, 01:38:51 pm »

How about he names the new ship after his old one then? And yes, he's been in quite a few scraps. And he knows how to capture starships more or less intact, which I imagine would be a valuable skill for our group.

Yeah, that was what I meant.
Also, I just love my Scorpions. They have 20 HP, which is ridicilous, but have flanking AI and guns that blanket huge areas in low-damage shots,
and look very cool while doing it.

You folks got any favorites among the Fleet's ships?

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 07, 2010, 01:39:45 pm »

My own, the Purgatory and the Avalanche.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 07, 2010, 01:45:13 pm »

The Purgatory was a success in both appereance and combat strenght, and the Avalanche is a god of battle.
It can take on a battleship with a shitton of superheavy guns and come out not only victorious, but also mostly intact.
(Granted, due to a massive design flaw on my part, it has a huge weak point which effectively cripples it once it's gone, and it's Broadside AI doesn't work
as an ally, but still.)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 01:47:57 pm by Digital Hellhound »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 07, 2010, 02:04:44 pm »

Well when i was playing i remember having a hard time finding balance as i would often get carried away and build these ridiculosly OP ships, i remeber one time i had built a round ship that was encased with aegis deflectors and loaded with weapons, it was insane except a four narrow holes that led straight to it's core, and often a lucky shot would rip it in half
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #102 on: May 07, 2010, 02:07:37 pm »

I just realized that there IS a legal Cronus Ship, which is weaker than it's modded counterpart. Can I change my ship to that?
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 07, 2010, 02:09:17 pm »

I just realized that there IS a legal Cronus Ship, which is weaker than it's modded counterpart. Can I change my ship to that?

Nope. Sorry. Again, I'm not using the game's ships, aside from some pirate craft.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 07, 2010, 02:16:45 pm »

Well when i was playing i remember having a hard time finding balance as i would often get carried away and build these ridiculosly OP ships, i remeber one time i had built a round ship that was encased with aegis deflectors and loaded with weapons, it was insane except a four narrow holes that led straight to it's core, and often a lucky shot would rip it in half

Auch. I myself hate building overpowered ships (atleast compared to my own creations), but I went nuts with that battleship. Looks like guns aren't everything...
I don't use Aegis Deflectors at all, because they apparently can only be penetrated if the attack's damage is higher than the health of the section.
(So, a swarm of smaller ships hitting it at the same time or a huge-ass gun with incredibly high damage)

I deleted that battleship, tried to rebuild it competely from scratch, but ended up transforming it to a drone carrier mid-way in.
(That's what Demeter pods do, right? Shoot drones?)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22