Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21

Author Topic: The Humble Indie Bundle  (Read 17098 times)

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
Re: The Humble Indie Bundle
« Reply #225 on: December 20, 2010, 04:09:25 pm »

For the Stylistic interests thing, that applies more to people who only play mainstream games. Windows has more people, and thus more to be ignorant. Thus Linux gets a sizable advantage.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 20, 2010, 04:44:09 pm »

I am a windows user and I paid 15 dollars!  Take that you elitist linux users whatever the hell elitist would actually mean in this context!
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 20, 2010, 06:08:37 pm »

I am a windows user and I paid 15 dollars!  Take that you elitist linux users whatever the hell elitist would actually mean in this context!
I've not met an elitist douchbag that uses a Linux. They all go to Macs. I've still not gotten what they have over PCs.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 20, 2010, 06:21:17 pm »

I've not met an elitist douchbag that uses a Linux. They all go to Macs. I've still not gotten what they have over PCs.

Yes, that was a joke.

On macs: They're prettier.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 20, 2010, 06:26:08 pm »

XD

That's pretty much all there is. Totally not worth the extra 1K for the same processing power.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 20, 2010, 06:30:11 pm »

You.. you mean that buying a pretty skirt for my computer isn't worth it?  :'(

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #231 on: December 20, 2010, 06:32:48 pm »

OH! can we have a "let's trash mac/apple" thread? Cool, my turn.

'It just works"...I call BS! Mac has plenty of viruses and compatibility issues.

Also, iTunes..WTF!!!! why is there a software update every week since release? NO I dont want to update it, NO NO NO, and NO I dont want to install Safari with my iTunes update. Why is that box checked by default?

Steve is going to hell.
I got nothing

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 20, 2010, 06:37:42 pm »

There are plenty of elitist douchebags on every OS, but in my book the "You should use Linux because it's the morally correct thing to do" guys are the worst of all.

I can sweat the Windows dbags herf derfing with the "Get a real OS for gaming" and the Mac dbags herf derfing with the "Get a real OS if you don't have the time to waste on viruses and command lines"... but to actually be told that I'm a bad person because of my OS choice just goes too far.

They're (thankfully) a minority of Linux users these days but back when I was big into deving open-source projects in the late 90's, you had to put up with the hardcore Stallman followers 24/7.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 20, 2010, 07:00:20 pm »

PR, that's... disturbing. I've never heard that before.

You.. you mean that buying a pretty skirt for my computer isn't worth it?  :'(
Only if it costs $1000. $999.99 is OK, but not a cent more.

Also, iTunes..WTF!!!! why is there a software update every week since release? NO I dont want to update it, NO NO NO, and NO I dont want to install Safari with my iTunes update. Why is that box checked by default?
IKR. Windows has that sort of thing too, but minus the browser, and minus Windows making profit from it.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 20, 2010, 07:37:25 pm »

PR, that's... disturbing. I've never heard that before.

Thankfully one of the best things Ubuntu did was champion Linux from the standpoint of wanting to create a viable desktop OS, rather than from the perspective of creating a "Kosher" alternative to proprietary OSs. I'm pretty big into the open-source movement, but it got to fairly obvious in the late 90's that religious-like ideology being placed before basic usability was a ball-and-chain around Linux' leg (with some niche distros being notable exceptions).

These days, the only dbags I regularly run into are people that are offended that I use a Mac for work (I have a Mac for work, a gaming PC for play, and a lightweight Linux distro on a netbook for travel). I'll never understand why what OS someone uses gets people so worked up.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 20, 2010, 07:39:40 pm »

Outside of the internet, you should see what people have to say about your choice of car.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 20, 2010, 07:45:49 pm »

Outside of the internet, you should see what people have to say about your choice of car.
I happen to be of the opinion that your choice of car says a lot about you. None oof them are necessarily bad, but they all say things.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 20, 2010, 07:46:48 pm »

I'm aware of car loyalties amongst people in some demographics. What I mean is that I don't see why pledging loyalty to a brand or object reinforces peoples' self-worth so much. I understand why kids in high school do it when they're fighting for self-identity and allies, but it saddens me that grown adults will use such a crutch when they have every ability to reinforce their self-worth through more substantial means.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 20, 2010, 10:49:50 pm »

Does anyone else find the bundle a little underwhelming? Aside from Braid, the bundle's games are kinda meh.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #239 on: December 20, 2010, 11:29:58 pm »

Having seen all three OSs set up at a stage (Linux on the mixer, windows connected to the lighting, and a mac running the projector), I can say this: The Linux just works, although at times some of the hardware it's connected to fails for unrelated reasons, or is inferior quality; The windows is good enough, although the software on it has that ugly .net look to it and is somewhat difficult to use, and the mac? It crashes, and has no easy way to deal with the crashes. It looks like developers who accept that their software CAN crash write better software...

Of all of the OSs, mac does not 'just work', at least when running software that is not 100% crashproof and perfect.
Eh?
Eh!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21